TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
alfdogg

NBA Playoffs 2007: Conference Semifinals

That aside, after reading Amare's comments, he's obviously just being a whiny bitch because the Spurs are getting physical with him. You can't say that the Spurs are a dirty team just because of the actions of one guy. And Ginobili didn't kick him on purpose, either, that play happens quite a bit. Not that any of this surprises me from either side, of course.

But Marc Jackson says these are the two classiest teams in the league...

The look on Scott Skiles' faceafter Sheed hit that 3 to end the 3rd quarter was utterly priceless.

Yeah. At least with the foot sweep, you could argue that those were accidental, even though it happened a lot to be a coincidence. I think this one is definitely fine-worthy, at least.

That aside, after reading Amare's comments, he's obviously just being a whiny bitch because the Spurs are getting physical with him. You can't say that the Spurs are a dirty team just because of the actions of one guy. And Ginobili didn't kick him on purpose, either, that play happens quite a bit. Not that any of this surprises me from either side, of course.

Except that Manu did knee him on purpose during the season. I personally thought it was funny because although Amare got kneed, it didn't hurt, so he jumped up went at ginobli, THEN went down because of the knee. But the play was they went up, met in the air and on the way down Ginobli suddenly lifted his leg into Amare. Was he aiming for the crotch? Nah, but he was trying to kick him.

The Bowen thing, how can you say he is being a bitch about being phsycial? That is the type of stuff that injuries players. There is nothing physical about that. That was a dirty play from a dirty player. I think Amare was being bitchy bringing up the manu thing from the middle of the season because that doesn't matter at all now, but pointing out yet another dirty play from bruce bowen isn't being bitchy. Its being truthful. Was bowen aiming for his achilles? Nah, but he was definately trying to kick him in the leg from behind and that is just a bitch move.

I think that's exactly what I said. That he has a right to be upset over the Bowen thing, but is being a bitch about everything else. On the Ginobili play, it seemed that he was leading with his foot on the drive, which again, should have been an offensive foul, but I don't think he caught him in the nuts on purpose. Usually when guys do that they push off the guys' upper leg. But as I said that's happened numerous times in the past, and Amare is the only guy I've seen complain about it.

I think that's exactly what I said. That he has a right to be upset over the Bowen thing, but is being a bitch about everything else. On the Ginobili play, it seemed that he was leading with his foot on the drive, which again, should have been an offensive foul, but I don't think he caught him in the nuts on purpose. Usually when guys do that they push off the guys' upper leg. But as I said that's happened numerous times in the past, and Amare is the only guy I've seen complain about it.

I think you are remembering the play wrong. You know how kobe got his shot blocked then his arm went in the opposite direction and hit Manu in the face? Well, there was a foul on Ginobli on that play, they met in the air, THEN Ginobli, well. Kicked directly in front of himself. He knew Amare was there. He literally kicked for him.

But who the fuck cares beause that was months ago. My problem with what you said was that he is bitching because the Spurs are being physical. there is a big difference between being physical and being dirty. Yeah, he was wrong for calling the team dirty, because Bowen is the only dirty one there. Manu and Horry are cheap, but not dirty. hell, Raja Bell is just as cheap as the two of them, and also not a dirty player. What Bruce did causes injury and everyone knows that type of thing will get someone hurt.

Amare has got to be getting on the coaches nerves in Phoenix though. So far this offseason we have gotten "We will beat the lakers pretty quickly", Kwames 19 points were no big deal, and now the Spurs are a dirty team. they need to just keep him away from the mics. Although, once again, my all asshole team member is showing why he earned his spot.

Good half for Golden State. Then there will be the sobering reality that Matt Barnes will probably get suspended for swinging at Kirilenko's head after he got hit in the eye.

I don't think Golden State will keep up this insane shooting percentage throughout the series, but the Jazz had damn well better get all four of them at home, because they're gonna need them.

did....did I just hear a him draw a line between Kobe having to play after coming from his RAPE trial and Derek Fisher?

Really?

Dude....

Fortunately I'm watching on my local announcers so I don't get stupid ass comments like that. That's just freaking wrong to even compare the two.

Guest Vitamin X

Yeah, that was retarded.

Back to the game, though.. Baron Davis is just absolutely putting on a show out there. Dunking on Kirilenko, 360 reverse layups, all kinds of sick moves. And the crowd is just as loud for the team being ahead by 20 as if they were down by 2.

Wow, Araujo really sucks. Two layups, and he failed to even hit the rim on either of them. Just slammed them right off the board.

Yeah, I was shocked when he was a lottery pick out of BYU. I watched him at BYU and thought he would go maybe in the second round. Stupid Rafa.

Probably not, since Sloan is... freaking Sloan. And locally they tossed up a stat that GS beat Utah by an average of 18 points in their meetings during the season at home. Expect Jerry's Kids to come out spitting fire in game 4.

(Watch them get blown out by 30 now.)

Well, Andrei Kirelenko is headed straight to the Warriors gift shop.

I can't say I'm too surprised by the result here. GS was so close to breaking through in Utah, I suspected the change of scenery would push them to big performance. What I am surprised with was how lost Utah looked for most of the game. None of the hustle or energy that was present for the first two games, and no domination of the offensive glass. GS did a decent job holding them to one shot until the game was out of reach. I expect them to play better in Game 4, but I doubt they'll win.

I also saw the NBA has already dismissed Amare's claim on that dirty play by Bowen. I expected it to get taken a little more seriously than that.

They refused to go to Carlos Boozer early which is..well...insane He has been unstoppable in the playoffs and they wouldn't give him the ball.

as for the Amare thing,

bowen_kick.gif

It was cheap, he could have gotten hurt, its over now. I expect the Spurs fans to come down on him, but he is the type of asshole to play well with the crowd booing him, and if nothing else they are going to watch Bowen a little tighter. Hopefully that will help.

bd%20posterized2.gif

The title of the gif says it all. That boy just got put on a Baron Davis poster.

I missed the game while at a dirt track race but I'm about to watch the replay on ESPN. Sounds like Baron Davis went nuts.

Nice to know our youth is in such fine shape.

There are so many things wrong with that picture I don;t even know where to begin.

And then your sig on top of that..... :blink:

Guest Vitamin X

Most likely with the rest of us on the "wanting to see the big, entertaining underdog win" bandwagon.

The Golden State Warriors are the Rocky Balboa of the `07 playoffs.