TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest areacode212

EWR has been released this morning!

Jingus (and, again, any lurking Mac users) -

Virtual PC is a very useful program that lets you run Wintel operating systems (DOS, Windows, and I think Linux) in emulation on top of OS 9 or X. You just have to install whatever OS's you want (I had XP handy and EWR won't run with just DOS, so...) and hey presto, there you are. Even on my fast-ass G4 it's sorta slow, and it eats up lots of HD space (since you have to set up virtual disks for your emulator to use) but what the hey. You don't really notice the slowness when running EWR, anyway.

...ahem...

My top feuds are HHH v Jericho (which started with 100% heat!) and Booker T v Undertaker. I already fired Hogan, and am preparing to job out Rock and Austin. Rey and Noble are on the active roster, too, and feuding with the Hurricane. The crowd is dead for my big feud between Billy & Chuck and the New Eliminators (Saturn & Morrus). Oh well.

Guest J*ingus

Okay, I'm a 'net idiot illiterate, so some of your acronyms lost me.  Where do I get all this stuff from?

It's Acronym Time!

DOS: Disk Operating System. Text-based predecessor to Windows.

OS 9/OS X: The two Operating Systems generally installed on Macs. OS 9 represents the final versions of the 'old-school' Mac OS. OS X is based on Unix and rocks very hard.

Windows XP: Windows Xtra Poopy. No, seriously, I don't know what it stands for. It's a version of Microsoft's popular Windows operating system family.

G4: The processor in the latest Macs.

HD: Hard Drive

HHH: Hunter Hearst Helmsley

:)

...and you can get Virtual PC at Amazon.com or Macmall.com or I'm sure you can imagine other ways...

Guest RetroRob215

I've been running ROH for abour 4 months now.  My best feuds were:

Curt Hennig-Nova: 81

Paul Heyman-Bret Hart: 87 (it's not over yet)

Rey-Masato Tanaka: 89

Hennig-Severn: 84

Funk-Orton: 84 (until Orton damaged his hand)

My best matches have been between Rey and Taka.  They had a **** singles match and a **** ladder match.  I have also been getting ***+ matches out of Haku.

Here's a tip.  HIRE PAUL HEYMAN!  His interviews are always at least 80%.

Guest DARRYLXWF

Well, I started as the NWATNA thingy, in a mission to bring them back to the top.

So far, I've picked up 2 t.v deals, one from fox, the other from mtv. The main eventers I had to begin with were Ken Shamrock and Jeff Jarrett, but now I'm told they both suck.

The highest rating I got was a **** from Shamrock and Jarrett in a cage, and I pulled off a **1/2 from lodi vs Don Harris, so I can't complain.

But an someone tell me some DAMN free agents on the game that can headline a show?

So far I'm pushing Corino, Wolf and Low-Ki for hte job but really, they're more suited to the upper-middle card...

Guest Edwin MacPhisto

The game is quite fun, but man, it can be a huge pain at times.  Running the WWE is ridiculous tedious for me, just because there's so many guys to focus on.  I'm thinking of sending all but perhaps 40-50 key wrestlers down to OVW, just to keep them under contract and out of the way.  Managing 115 guys is just way too involving.

That said, onto another fed!  Woo!

Guest CED Ordonez

I just accomplished to outright bankrupt New Era Pro Wresting despite putting out a product that raised our public image through the roof. I've got Paul Heyman skillz!!

I think Ring of Honor or Pro Wresting Iron will be my next victims. Then I get crazy with the MWO backyard fed.

Guest Kingpk

Kevin Nash got arrested for carrying drugs.  Sacked his ass.  Now the NWO consists of HBK, The Big Show and Goldust.

SMELL THE RATINGS!!!!!

Guest chirs3

Yea, I hear ya Edwin. I'm planning on going through and sacking some more, because hearing:

"Shawn Stasiak isn't getting pushed enough! Ivory isn't getting pushed enough! Tommy Dreamer isn't getting pushed enough!" x 99 gets annoying.

Guest RetroRob215

I tired MWO, it was impossible  without getting a loan.  They suggest spending $10,000 or wrestlers and $5,000 on staff.  Problem is the least a wrestler will take is $5,000.  Same goes for staff.  So I suggest signing 8 wrestlers and 4 staff guys.  Then the day after your show you should have a little bit of money from sponsers and ticket sales.  When you have profit apply for a loan.  If you wait until the end of the month, you will be in debt and not able to apply for a loan.

Guest Edwin MacPhisto

Sigh...Chris, I made the mistake of starting up an SWF fed, but not getting rid of it for my game with NWA, so...now, congratulations.  Chris Raynor and Ash Ketchum are the two top stars of Ring of Honor!  Dammit all, I gave everyone really nice stats, too.

Hey, here's a question.  If I'm playing a group without a TV deal, how the hell do I book shows, eh?

Guest DARRYLXWF

Well, here are my updates for NWATNA

- I've hired Vader and stuck the World Title onto him.

- My Corino vs Terry Funk feud is going well, and when that's done, I'm gonna turn Corino face and have him taken on Vader.

-My Val Venis vs Low-Ki has been disappointing, so come the next ppv, I'll end it.

-I'm considering hiring Goldberg...but for his requested $300000?

-I'm pushing Tony Wolf to the moon here, just b/c the internet likes him.

-I hired Masato, put him in the main event, then feuding him with Jarrett, ended the feud after 2 days and dropped him to a jobber. His morale sank to 0 so I fired him.

-Terry Funk will have his next feud against the Sandman

Guest Shaved Bear

man, my tag team of brock and rhyno headed by paul heyman is more over than triple H, abd HHH's morale is a 41...guess he didnt like going to ovw, having his contract cut in half, and seeing the extra money going to benoit and i made the longest raw ever with 8 iron man matches, all involving stone cold so he can get hurt and i can fire him

Guest pinnacleofallthingsmanly

If you don't have TV, you have to go to Events and just book the monthly events. Can someone please tell me the settings for the backyard fed? I modified it by accident, and I don't know the stas for it. Running a backyard fed with no money or public image is pretty damn hard. I would appreciate any help that you guys can give because I really want to play as a backyard fed.

Guest Edwin MacPhisto

Well, the WWE released Hogan...

...so I snatched him up and put the world title on him.  Just for now!  Jarret's gonna snag it back soon enough.  Right now my big programs are Corino turning heel and feuding with Low Ki on a path to the main event, and Rey and Taka having a big-time uppermidcard battle.  In the undercard, Norman Smiley and Devon Storm are getting surprisingly good reactions, so I'm pushing them towards IC champ Jerry Lynn, while Psicosis holds down the cruiserweight title.

This is a lot of fun, and I much prefer using this crew of about 45 wrestlers to the huge-ass WWE, but man, I want a TV deal...any tips on how to get one?

Guest Kingpk

Send out a promo tape at the beginning of the month, put a good show on in your monthly event and you should get a good deal.  I got one from MTV for 52 weeks on Wednesday nights.

Guest chirs3

I think I'm either gonna dump the WWF entirely, or just let it stew in a save game slot while I start over.

Is Howard Finkel anywhere in this game? I want him.

Guest DARRYLXWF

Hey, I just manages to pull off a ***1/4 match from Chuck Polumbo and Trish Stratus in a cell. How can BEAT that!?

Guest swan

I d/l and started up with Cobat Zone. They start w/ Justice Pain, Wifebeater, Messiah, and Nick Cage. Couldn't get any sponseres because of the nature of my product. I signed Doring & Roadkill, CM Punk, Spanky, American Dragon, Doug Gilbert and some others. I signed April Hunter and she got busted for drugs. I kept her on though for Bikini stuff. One problem was that when I booked my card the game crashed when I was going through the match ratings. Anyone else have this happen?

Guest swan

I went to the EWR forumn and it looks like I can't book an angle without a writer. God damn I own it why do I need a writer.

Guest RetroRob215

Mine only crashed once when I was going through the sponsors list.  I didn't lose anything though, it just picked up from where it crashed.

Guest chirs3

WWE - Easy

NWA - Medium

Even on easy/medium it's harder than I expected.

Guest Flyboy

I'm playing on Easy... just to do good and get the basics of the game even though I played Extreme Warfare Deluxe.

My main feud is RVD/UT for the Undisputed Title.  UT beat Austin, Rock for the belt.  On my first RAW, Triple H beat RVD thanks to UT's help.  On Smackdown, RVD went over Rocky clean then UT comes out and beats him.  I think I'm going to have UT beat RVD at the upcoming PPV, but the one after that RVD will get the title.  :)

I have an awesome tag team feud going... Jericho/Storm Vs. Benoit/Eddie.  Benoit/Eddie are champs, right now.  

I have a stable of Team Canada (Jericho, Storm, Christian, and Dawn).  Dawn is the Women's Champ.  

I'm also running a feud with Jeff Hardy-Kidman for the Crusierweight Title, Booker T-Lesnar... D'Lo is the Hardcore Champ.  

I think I'm going to clear some of my roster or at least send them to OVW..  

And because I like Anglesault so much... I'm running a Angle-Edge feud!  :)

My highest feud is 91 which is RVD-UT.  RVD thinks I'm pushing him too much... my writer doesn't think I'm pushing them enough.

Oh well... I'm off to play.  I'll update later.

Guest chirs3

Is there a way to change the name of the federation? I wanna do one based on the Smarks Wrestling Federation, but I can't rename the stupid company.

Guest CED Ordonez

There's an edit option on the first screen, Chris. You can edit the default federation names from there as well as a whole bunch of things.

I'm currently running New Era Pro Wrestling on Medium setting. NEPW Triple Crown Champion: DOINK THE CLOWN~! Doo doo do-do-do-do doo doo doo doo! Wheeee!

He won't renew his verbal contract so he's about to dump it off to R.C. Haas though, whose feud with some guy named C.C. Cuthill is generating my first ever 90+ heat rating.

Guest pinnacleofallthingsmanly

I didn't realize that you couldn't book angles without a writer. I'm running a backyard fed on medium and it's pretty damn hard. My game crashed before I could start my first show. I'll see how many tickets I sell for my first event since I can't get alot of money from sponsors.