TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
MrRant

The Baconator

The bacon at Wendy's is now thinner and half as small. So you're really only getting 3 thin strips of bacon cut in half. Also, the jr. cheese is smaller.

Oh ya, Wendy's doesn't carry the kaiser rolls anymore, now they're "random cut buns" which are cheaper and smaller. It's the bun in the picture. Also, all the big sandwiches (everything not on the value menu) is now on the random cut buns.

Guest Tzar Lysergic
Slightly off topic: I remember about ten years ago, Hardees had a really tasty burger on their menu for a while, that had like a tangy green type of sauce on top of it. Yeah, I know it sounds gross, but it was really good. I just can't remember what the heck it was called. Anyone?

Was that the one with the fried jalepenos?

The bacon at Wendy's is now thinner and half as small. So you're really only getting 3 thin strips of bacon cut in half. Also, the jr. cheese is smaller.

Oh ya, Wendy's doesn't carry the kaiser rolls anymore, now they're "random cut buns" which are cheaper and smaller. It's the bun in the picture. Also, all the big sandwiches (everything not on the value menu) is now on the random cut buns.

And Wendy's is considering a sale since they have gone down the shitter aren't they?

And Wendy's is considering a sale since they have gone down the shitter aren't they?

Yup. They aren't meeting projections and the board is considering selling em.

Here's the story.

http://www.wendys-invest.com/ne/wen061807.php

I went back East on Vacation and had one of these in North Carolina, stopped off in a place in Ohio didn't have it yet. Got home to Utah and low and behold it was there.

BACON!!!!

It finally went up on the menu at my local Wendy's so I had one. I don't think it was really worth the $5 since I could get a BK Stacker for essentially the same meaty, soul-stealing sandwich but at a lower price.

I think I'll probably stick to their awesome dollar menu. Frostys and chicken nuggets are where it's at.

Had one yesterday. I love bacon so the amount didn't bother me. Didn't leave me feeling as bad as opposed to when I ate a BK Quad Stacker.

I'll try one tomorrow.

EDIT: I tried it and it was ok, I need my lettuce, tomato and onions on my burgers though. Oh and Mike, Jack In the Box's entire menu>The Baconator

Had one yesterday. I love bacon so the amount didn't bother me. Didn't leave me feeling as bad as opposed to when I ate a BK Quad Stacker.

I dont think the normal amount would bother me, but they put a shitload of bacon on cause I know them.

Maybe I'm just a fatass but I was slightly disappointed when I saw and ate the Quad Stacker. I mean it was still a fuckload of burger but I don't know I was expecting a bit more.

Jack n' The Box's Ultimate Cheeseburger > Wendy's Baconator

Fuck yes, but it must be specified that it is the Bacon Ultimate Cheeseburger. They do have both the BUC and the regular UC.

Aside from the Hardee's Triple Thickburger, the JITB UBCB is indeed the greatest sandwich sold by a fast-food chain in the north american continent.

Wendy's used to be the BEST burger joint around. But am I correct in thinking that the size of their meat patties has shrunk, they always over-salt their fries now to a McDonalds level, and they almost exclusively hire all their employees from straight outta the ghetto? No fuckin' wonder they're in trouble.

Guest Vitamin X

Seriously. Wendy's burgers have actually suffered a lot in quality, their chicken sandwiches are the only thing worth eating there anymore. Well, if I ate that anymore.

People are taking bets on how long it'll take me to break. The Baconator won't do it. I'm banking on either a big plate of hot wings or ribs to do me in.

The biggest burger I've ever eaten was at this place called "Teddy's Bigger Burgers". They have absolutely great shit, and huge burgers as well. The biggest is the "Monster Double" 18 oz. I ordered that western style (no vegetables, onion rings, a pig's worth of bacon) and then pastrami style on top of that (grilled onions, 5 oz. of greasy pastrami). I was going to opt to dip it in hot whiskey, but it was good enough. It was assembled by God. It took me 30 minutes to eat, and I ended up shitting my insides for like a week afterwards. I even had to smoke a bowl after eating to settle myself.

Biggest burger I've ever seen is a 27-ouncer that this place in Nashville called Fat Mo's offers. Never tried that one, the 18-ouncer was quite enough for me.

Had it for lunch today. It's alright.

Aside from the Hardee's Triple Thickburger, the JITB UBCB is indeed the greatest sandwich sold by a fast-food chain in the north american continent.

Wendy's used to be the BEST burger joint around. But am I correct in thinking that the size of their meat patties has shrunk, they always over-salt their fries now to a McDonalds level, and they almost exclusively hire all their employees from straight outta the ghetto? No fuckin' wonder they're in trouble.

Nah. They've been the same for over 4 years. The single is 4 oz's and the jr. is 2 oz's. Also, the people that work there has alot to do with where the store is. Wendy's is still a fast food restaurant, so it's not that tough to get a job there.

I'd say Fudruckers has the bext straight-up burger, but then again, they aren't really "fast food" per se and you basically just order the size of the meat pattie you want, what cheese you want, and then the rest is up to you at the condiment station.

I'm no health nut, and I do enjoy a good burger, but I don't know how any of you can eat that shit.

How? Gladly. And by the pound.

I'd say Fudruckers has the bext straight-up burger, but then again, they aren't really "fast food" per se and you basically just order the size of the meat pattie you want, what cheese you want, and then the rest is up to you at the condiment station.

Hell yes. I love Fudruckers.

Best burger I ever had? A local street vendor in Itapetinga, Brazil. He grilled chicken with cheese on it, and put fried onions, lettuce, corn (don't ask, it's a Brazilian thing) tomato, and then two patties seperated by a different cheese. AWESOME.

If you are ever there, get one. They cost like 2 bucks.

Guest •
I used to work at culvers which is kind of a regional burger/frozen custard place, and I was bragging about my eating abilities. My boss (The owner) overheard me and dared me to eat a double Jumbo burger. Now a jumbo is 3 regular patties smashed together and cooked. I told him I could eat it in my sleep with a bag of cheesecurds (essentially fried cheese nuggets) too. He said if I could he'd give it to me for free. I told him Id eat a triple jumbo and if I did he'd have to give me 20 bucks. He took the bet, and I won handily. This was the night I officially became a fat guy forever. 9 patties of beef in a little under 15 minutes. Oh, and the cheescurds too.

Thank You.

Gabe, you're not human. You ate cheese curds? Jesus Christ.