TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest George's Box

The king of bread

Guest George's Box

For me, it's sourdough. To hell with white bread, whole wheat bread is nothing special, and I never cared for rye. I like a good focaccia now and then, but I love sourdough, enough to sing its praises in a TSM Food Folder thread.

When it comes to bagels, I love poppyseed, and won't touch cinnamon raisin, which is all my family buys. I'm not entirely sure why, but I have this theory that cinnamon raisin bagels are some sort of an abomination.

Guest Vitamin X

I love seven grain/whole wheat. It's the healthy one, and if you get it freshly baked, it absolutely dominates sourdough, which is fairly decent on its own, but I hate it as any kind of a hot sandwich, including with burgers. Yuck. Sourdough goes great as a mid-day lunch sandwich bread. Cuban bread rocks as well (it's like a really chewy, melts in your mouth version of French bread).

Bagel-wise, I have to go with an Everything bagel. I like some onion in my bagel (currently I actually have sweet wheat and roasted onion bagels in the fridge) but not so much as to cause even worse breath in the morning. I used to love cinnamon raisin and blueberry bagels, while I still like the latter, I have to agree about cinnamon raisin nowadays- it just tastes wrong.

Guest Tzar Lysergic

If it has a nice crust and chewy interior, I'm good. I love baguettes any way I can get 'em. I'm really not a big fan of sliced store-bought peanut butter and jelly bread, except for that sandwich, and toast.

I like a whole wheat that I buy that has honey in it. Sooo good.

But Sourdough is great, though. Just take a slice and slap some butter/margarine on it and call it good. Also there is no better bread for stew.

The King of Bread? Banana Nut of course.

For sammiches though the 7-Grain stuff is a delight.

Bagels, I'll go with the Asiago Cheese, get some Phillie Cheese and a sliced avocado? That my friends is a meal.

Bagels, I'll go with the Asiago Cheese, get some Phillie Cheese and a sliced avocado? That my friends is a meal.

Wow, that does sound really good. I'll definitely be trying that soon.