TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Human Fly

Chris Benoit Dead - Toxicology results released

The only other match I would consider on that level is the Pillman Memorial Match with Regal since that's considered to be the match that saved Regal's career, however, it's not as if that match has a great legacy beyond the fans of Regal and Benoit.

Ah yes, Regal's big comeback from severe drug addiction so he could do more drugs.

When the brain damage theory was brought up, did anyone else remember the Rock bottom on a car before Fully Loaded '00 or the diving headbutt off the steel cage? I think those two incidents alone would lend credence to the multiple concussion argument. It would probably explain why WWE is so quick to shoot it down, since both of those happened under Vince's watch.

Was Benoit in any of the Raw Intros? All the Raw intros are on WWE.com's RAW XV Section and they may or may not be redone.

It looks like he was removed from them from what I saw.

From PWI:

The Atlanta Journal-Constitution is reporting today that WWE has rejected a deal offered by the estate of Chris Benoit where the family asked that WWE pay $2 million to Benoit's two surviving children. The offer came from the lawyer for Benoit's father Michael, saying that WWE should pay the amount as "recognition of their father's contributions to the company."

The paper reported that they expect Michael Benoit to sue WWE. It will be interesting to see if they have a case. Of course, Benoit murdered his wife Nancy and son Daniel earlier this year before killing himself.

To read the story, click here.

Guest My Pal, the Tortoise

I bet Chris Benoit's son wishes he could live as long as this thread.

Yeah, he pummeled and killed his wife. Yeah, he choked his son to death. Yeah, he hanged himself from weightlifting equipment at the end of a lengthy drug-and-murder bender. But he was still a great wrestler with a lot of fans. We should remember the good times and acknowledge that he allowed his family to survive until 2007, at least.

Yes, Benoit never took a chair shot in WCW, ECW or in Japan. It's all WWE's fault.

Michael Benoit is going after the owner of WCW and ECW as well....

Yes, Benoit never took a chair shot in WCW, ECW or in Japan. It's all WWE's fault.

Actually, I'm not sure if he did, but anyway...

In WCW, ECW, or NJPW, I'm pretty sure that he didn't take a chair shot that knocked him out for several minutes, then, when he regained consciousness, left him unable to stand for several minutes, while the company didn't have him checked for a concussion. Even with all of the concussions that could be hidden, it seems like there's a smoking gun in the fact that WWE claims to have records of no concussions when the above happened on their watch after the bizarre incident where HHH knocked out Benoit & a referee.

Latest in the Benoit case. The estate battle could end this week as the Benoits and Toffolonis will decide whether this can be settled amicably or whether they are going to court. Who gets the $1.5 to $3 million estate, of course, all rests on the order of deaths. If Nancy died first, which is what is widely believed, the estate goes to the Benoit family.

If Daniel died first, the estate flows to Nancy and then on to her family. The belief is that the Toffoloni family doesn't have much of a case here since the coroners, police and medical examiners have all stated that Nancy was killed some time before Daniel. Also, Michael Benoit's family offered the WWE the chance to pay the children a $2 million settlement in exchange for a wrongful death lawsuit to not be filed. WWE said they were not interested in discussing the matter. Benoit's attorney said his client has not yet decided whether he will file suit. However, the Atlanta Journal Constitution, which has been at the forefront of reporting on this case, believes it "appears to be just a formality."

The $2 million payment, Benoit's attorney Cary Icther (of WCW racial discrimination lawsuit fame, and a key member, coincidentally, of the Georgia Athletic and Entertainment Commission) said, was for "recognition of their father's contributions to the company". He added, "Had the WWE taken the slightest interest in its wrestlers — before it became the object of the interest of district attorneys and Congress — there is little doubt that Chris Benoit and his family would still be with us today." That, of course, is greatly open to debate, and I can tell you with some certainty that WWE feels that they are not in any way responsible for what happened. There is a feeling that because the Benoit side only asked for $2 million, they don't feel like they have much of a case.

The latest we've heard is that the Congressional hearings on January 23rd that were scheduled last week upon the release of the Mitchell Report will only cover baseball and not professional wrestling. The group arranging them, headed by Tom Davis and Henry Waxman, claimed several weeks ago that the hearings would cover both, so I don't know what happened to change their minds

from f4w...