TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Kurt Angle Mark

Green Lantern: Sinestro Corps Special #1

I was going to get this but passed on this and the new Invincible until next week, as I was already getting a surprising amount of comics this week (I ended up picking up about 10 books). It looked good but I'm just too broke right now.

Guest ChikoDemono

Picked it up and loved it. The last pic was a real "Oh shit" moment. Even though almost every supervillain banded together during the Infinite Crisis, this is the first time I honestly thought to myself, "What the hell can the universe do to stop these guys?" I cannot wait for the war.

She-Hulk #19 is comic book of the year. Read it before ya reply. Your choice was quite good, though. And I hated She-Hulk 'til like 2 months ago.

So much good stuff came out this week. New Walking Dead. Unbelievably fun Black Panther. FF was great. X-Men, aside from shitty Ramos/Bachalo art, was fresh. Daredevil was great. Thunderbolts was pure violence and greatness. And X-Factor really had its moments.

Best comic week in quite some time. You can probably tell that I gave up on DC Comics eons ago.

I would also like to give the nod to Francis Portela as my favorite current artist.

She-Hulk 19, really? It was funny, but about as much as your average issue of Cable & Deadpool (which is a compliment). The passage of time as Jen testifies about all her 'partners' as She-Hulk cracked me up though.

Anyways I gotta agree, Sinestro Corps is easily the best issue of the year so far. And not just because of the giant reveals, but the pace of the issue, building up that sense of dread, was phenomenal. But MAN, that final page was shattering. I gotta say though, my favorite part was the scene of all the rings of the dead lanterns who were guarding Prime go flying by. Just "Oh shit, he's out..." Return of Parallax was sweet too.

I didn't really get the Anti-Monitor being there (though it was an amazing Holy Shit moment), but then I put together the Anti-Matter Universe/Qwardian connection that him and Sinestro both have.

It's true though you really get the sense that the good guys can't possibly win this one

There's an interview with Geoff Johns here. It looks like this storyline is going to stay confined to Green Lantern and Green Lantern Corps (with a couple one shots) which I think is cool. I think you can get a much better event without the need to go into all the needless crossovers that dilute the main storyline and fuck up the flow of other books in the process. However, I do think Superman should play some part in this since Kal-El definately has business with Cyborg and Prime (though Hal probably has a bigger beef with Cyborg than him).

Man, this Sinestro War, the events in Flash, and what's coming up in JSA are really kicking the crap out of the (thouroughly underwhelming IMO) Countdown so far.

Is anyone still reading the Sinestro Corps War? As far as I'm concerned World War Hulk, Countdown and all of those other huge events cant even touch it.

Is anyone still reading the Sinestro Corps War? As far as I'm concerned World War Hulk, Countdown and all of those other huge events cant even touch it.

I am, Part 6 is out and still just as good. I'll read WWH when somebody makes a graphic novel, or torrents all of them so far.

Just finished Part 6 myself, I got really excited when

The Guardians wrote 10 new laws #1 of which was the green lanterns rings are now authorized to use lethal force against The Sinestro Corps. The fact that they didn't say the other 9 new laws means the next part will most likely continue to bring on the good.

I just hope that it wont crap out and disappoint around the end, like it seems that all the events are doing these days.

God, is anyone still reading this? This is easily the comic story I've read. Ever. I can't think of anything that has epic scale, great characterization, and insane surprises. I don't even think the Ultimates compares to this.

I'm still reading it. This is one story that has been surpassing all expectations at every turn. Even the side stories that have no baring on it (Tales of The Sinestro Corps for example) whatsoever are hitting it out of the ball park. Its got that I cant miss an issue of anything that has anything to do with it or I'll miss something amazing thing going for it. Easily the best "event" since they have become popular to do again in my opinion.

Totally agree. And (as signified by the avatar >_>) even though it seems not to many people are fond of Superboy(man) Prime, I really enjoyed the "Superman Prime" special that came out this week. And the backups, introducing many of the Sinestro Corps characters have been great as well, and has really expanded the 'green lantern universe' I guess you could say, for the better.

One thing though, Kyle Rayner being my favorite character, I really hate the new costume. Maybe without the white gloves it would look better, but it just seems they took away everything that made Kyle unique, and simply 'keeping the crabmask' isn't gonna do. Especially considering Guy has his whole jacket deal, John still has his mostly black suit...well, now Kyle just looks like a Wanna be Hal Jordan, or at least just a standard corps member. Which he isn't.

I can't say that I'm too overenthusiastic about Sodam Yat getting the Ion powers so quickly. (Even though he Ion vs Prime thing, was sort of a mark out moment) I mean the guy, as a rookie decides to take charge, and leads a bunch of lanterns to the Anti-monitor against orders, only for them to get fried, and then, he gets rewarded? Yea...

I no doubt will like him, but I just like Kyle as Ion much better, and this'll take some getting used too.

I agree with you on Kyle's new costume. Its just lacking that certain something that makes it special, and not just another generic Green Lantern costume. As far as Sodam Yat getting the Ion powers the only thing I can think of is that they see a little Hal Jordan in him with his taking a leadership role so quickly and disobeying direct orders. At least thats what I took from it anyways.