TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
At Home

Super Smash Bros. Brawl

The only thing I can think of is that his presence is stealing Snake's thunder somewhat.

I haven't been able to play "With Anyone" in weeks. I am convinced my Router is set up perfectly, and I've even been on two calls with Nintendo. I also know there are others who have no problems playing online. I can play on WiFi aganist random people in other DS and Wii games I own, too. So I don't know where the problem is, but I'm getting so annoyed. The worst part is is that I don't ever get error codes playing "With Anyone", it just tries to connect forever and never finds a match.

Anyone else in the same boat, or formerly in the same boat?

I played with a few people the other day, however I also have been getting kicked out of online play a lot lately.

I guess why the other games work online is because they're not as popular/consume as many resources. Because Nintendo's online is effed, I think.

I liked Snake asking if King Dedede was a penguin over and over again.

How does the Wi-Fi work with friends using codes? Does that work okay, or is Wi-Fi just busted?

Works fine.

I got the game today...Been playing it for several hours off and on.

I can't find my wavebird, so I've been using the Wiimote as my primary...It works okay. The major hurdle at first was getting used to it...it feels like a different pace then SSBM. I dunno what exactly it is, but it feels different to me.

I've beaten Classic mode twice, and am 8% into Subspace. I've unlocked Marth, Ness, and Snake...I nearly had Luigi, but I fucking lost to him.

Out of all the new characters, I like Metaknight and Pit so far the most. Metaknight has INSANE combo abilities. It's possible to rack up high damage REALLY quick with him, and he has seemingly great juggling abilities. Pit's just overal fun, but I haven't really experimented with any of the other new ones yet.

I got the game today...Been playing it for several hours off and on.

I can't find my wavebird, so I've been using the Wiimote as my primary...It works okay. The major hurdle at first was getting used to it...it feels like a different pace then SSBM. I dunno what exactly it is, but it feels different to me.

I've beaten Classic mode twice, and am 8% into Subspace. I've unlocked Marth, Ness, and Snake...I nearly had Luigi, but I fucking lost to him.

Out of all the new characters, I like Metaknight and Pit so far the most. Metaknight has INSANE combo abilities. It's possible to rack up high damage REALLY quick with him, and he has seemingly great juggling abilities. Pit's just overal fun, but I haven't really experimented with any of the other new ones yet.

You are correct; the overall speed of Brawl is different from Melee. I think there's a 10-15% difference, but I forget what I read.

If you lose to an unlockable character, you can repeat the conditions again to fight him. Just win another local multiplayer brawl.

I got Snake through Subspace Emissary... takes a while. However, beating SSE is the fastest way to unlock characters. The last three you don't get through your first playthrough can be gotten easily (whether within postgame SSE or in single player).

Pit was my favorite new character for a while, but now I pray at the altar of Wolf. I love that guy.

Brawl with three other friends is awesome. Two were from Cali, one from St. Louis, I'm from Washington State and it ran decently...Lagged, usually worst at the beginning of a match, but coming from the Emulation world like I did, playing Brawl in half speed when it'd dip meant nothing to me.

Most fun game we had for me, personally, was one in which I randomly ended up as Snake...Having almost never played as him before, I was at a loss on how to fight...so I ran around planting land mines and bombs. Got to the point where another player started actively hunting me since I kept doing it. Funny as hell.

Bumping this thread due to a thought I had, and I figured this would be the best thread for it.

All right...recently I bought Sega Superstars Tennis (pretty fun Tennis game, BTW). As I was putting it on my shelf next to Brawl (I put my games away in chronological order), a thought came to mind:

Let's say that the roles were reversed, and the Smash Bros. series (probably under a different name) was made with Sega mascots insted of Nintendo ones.

OK then...for a Sega Smash Bros. Brawl...pick 33 characters (Snake would still be one character, and Mario would replace Sonic as the other guest) and 38 ATs (more than Brawl due to the fact I don't think Sega has a Pokemon like franchise...Grey Fox would still be one AT and someone from the Mario series (don't know which one though) would replace Shadow as the other guest AT) for the game.

Character list I made (not complete 33, as I don't know my Sega history that well):

Sonic

Tails

Knuckles

Shadow

Blaze

Dr. Eggman

NiGHTs

Reala

Ulala

Pudding

AiAi

Amigo

Gillius (Golden Axe)

Joe Musashi (Shinobi)

Alex Kidd

Kid Chameleon

Vectorman

Ristar

Beat (Jet Set Radio)

Alys (Phantasy Star)

and of course

Segata Sanshiro

Some ATs:

Amy Rose

Metal Sonic

Someone from Panzer Dragoon

House of the Dead zombies

ChuChus from ChuChu Rocket

Ecco the Dolphin

Lets see your ideas.

Amy Rose would probably be playable.

Centurion from Altered Beast. Billy Hatcher. Sketch Turner. A couple House of the Dead mains, I guess. Virtua Fighter. Add in a few Skies of Arcadia characters. Gunstars Red and Blue. Toe Jam and Earl. Someone from SoR. Eternal Champions. Ryo Hazuki from Shenmue. Panzer Dragoon.

I'm more naming other notable franchises that could be included in some form, really. It's not as easy as with Nintendo since Sega is basically an afterthought now. And despite having a Genesis during the 16 bit days, I was really a Nintendo guy, too. This would be better suited for someone like Andrew. They did kind of do this with the Fighters Megamix series, but as I believe, it sucked.

They did kind of do this with the Fighters Megamix series, but as I believe, it sucked.

No, it was pretty good. If you played just the VF guys, it was like Virtua Fighter 2.X, as it had some VF3 moves in it as well. It's just that shoehorning so many characters into a Vipers/Virtua Fighter engine resulted in pretty boring combat and limited playstyles. And the Viper folks were broken compared to the VF folks.

The game was more or less Fighting Vipers vs. Virtua Fighter 2, but they threw in some other random characters. I do mean random, too. Rent-A-Hero? Really?

Blaze and Axel from Streets of Rage to be sure, at least Akira, Jackie, and Wolf from VF--and I actually suggested several of the other additions on that list above. I'd personally cut down the Sonic folks, lest half the cast be Sonic and his Shitty Friends.

The Treasure games are iffy. They're not technically Sega properties I don't think, but Treasure is practically joined at the hip with Sega, with Sega publishing games for them all the time and often tapping Treasure to make licensed games for them too. However, since the Treasure Box was of all things a Sega Ages release, I could see them making it in.

I'd suggest Seven Force as some sort of mid-boss in a story mode, some Egg-o-Matic devices, and maybe have the final boss be a parody representative from the evil Dogma Corporation.