TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
tekcop

The OAO TEW/EWR Thread of Fun!

Anyone remember how you COULDN'T book winners in the old Extreme Warfare games?

Once I took over ECW and did everything I fucking could to get the title off of Taz, but the bastard NEVER jobbed. Eventually I got him to lose it, and like an idiot gave him a rematch. Yeah, he got another long ass title reign.

Yea, I hated how you used to not be able to overturn stuff.

I play my EWR game every few months. I'm building up to my Wrestlemania (Destiny) featuring Jeff Jarrett v. Brock Lesnar, Kurt Angle v. John Cena and CM Punk v. Rhino as my top matches.

I remember in EWR I turned Matt Hardy (during his V1 days) into a monster heel. That was my crowning glory. My WM featured a Matt Hardy vs. Kurt Angle main event, and the feud to get there had half of the roster involved at one point or another.

The game I had been playing on and off since 2004 was getting on my nerves - too many unhappy people that married into unbreakable creative control contracts (this caused a big problem with Charlie Haas, who had an over rating of like 77 but had main event booking so he was never happy with his placement or the fans never accepted his placement), ROH went Global and was killing us, stuff like that. Last week I tried to be as terrible as possible and managed to book a -8% show. I was immediately fired.

Rhino vs Colin Delaney.

Match Background: Rhino is the reigning uCw Hardcore champion, and has been since 29 August 2010.

The Match: BRUTAL face-first slam from Rhino on Delaney. Rhino moves in for the kill. Gore!!! That shook the ring. 1....2....3!! Rhino gives a murderous look toward Colin Delaney...and attacks! Delaney gets dropped to the canvas, then battered with a barrage of rights and lefts. Rhino leaves the ring having left Delaney down and out.

My Opinion: When I give out 3/4*, it means that I'm being REALLY nice about it.

Love the 2 move squash matches.

Anyone still bother with this? I checked one of my old files not too long ago, and saw some pretty amazing stats on Paul Burchill. I guess I had left him in my development fed for a while, but he's showing some amazing stats:

Over - 89

Speed - 90

Brawl - 97

Technical - 91

Charisma - 95

If I ever get the time, I should "call him up". He'd probably become my top draw pretty quick.

Burchil on the older games is fucking awesome. And the E always relase him. He gets over like no ones buisness.

I'm still working on and off on real world data for TEW09. I'll probably never finish it, but I'm not really liking some of the data already out there. Game seems decent, but don't think I'll pay for anymore TEWs for a while.

I remember in EWR I turned Matt Hardy (during his V1 days) into a monster heel. That was my crowning glory. My WM featured a Matt Hardy vs. Kurt Angle main event, and the feud to get there had half of the roster involved at one point or another.

I did the same with Kane, making a Kane/RVD feud that culminated in a Hell in a Cell match at Wrestlemania. I also built a Jericho/Flair match with nothing but promos and got a 100% crowd rating.

I'm still working on and off on real world data for TEW09. I'll probably never finish it, but I'm not really liking some of the data already out there. Game seems decent, but don't think I'll pay for anymore TEWs for a while.

TEW isn't worth paying for, honestly. It's gone so far into "we have the most depth" that nobody wants to bother making any data for it because it takes a week to get one wrestler sort of right.

By contrast, EWR still has several different monthly roster updates, along with a massive stockpile of other scenarios (including two NWA Dominations, which I find to be the best of the bunch).

That is so very, very, true. In the future he should release the editor to people WAY in advance (rather then a week) so they can get some data out in time for release, or shortly thereafter.