TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
DangerousDamon

Smackdown Vs Raw 08

I thought the amount of reversals the CPU was able to pull off in 2007 to be unbearable in the Hard or higher levels.

Ultimate Submissions match against Angle? Hello ass handed to you.

I thought the amount of reversals the CPU was able to pull off in 2007 to be unbearable in the Hard or higher levels.

It seems to me generally that's harder levels in wrestling games period. The A.I. doesn't seem act really too much smarter, it just gets luckier and gives you less breathing room with reversals.

No Mercy/Revenge on max difficulty? It's hard to build up momentum because weaker grapples are nearly all you can do safely because strongs usually result in you getting dropped on your head/knocked down repeatedly.

It seems to me generally that's harder levels in wrestling games period. The A.I. doesn't seem act really too much smarter, it just gets luckier and gives you less breathing room with reversals.

No Mercy/Revenge on max difficulty? It's hard to build up momentum because weaker grapples are nearly all you can do safely because strongs usually result in you getting dropped on your head/knocked down repeatedly.

Really? Myself and my friends would destory No Mercy on expert. It got to the point where expert felt like easy and we actually question the person playing if he was on easy or not.

Really? Myself and my friends would destory No Mercy on expert. It got to the point where expert felt like easy and we actually question the person playing if he was on easy or not.

Co-Op with a human player vs. computer is cake if your partner is decent. So much opportunity to double team and outsmart the computer.

Co-Op with a human player vs. computer is cake if your partner is decent. So much opportunity to double team and outsmart the computer.

oh no, we did it in singles matches. See we figured if we wanted to beat each other, the best way to help us would practice against the computer on expert. So if anyone challanged the computer, in any type of match, the game was set on expert.

Hm, go fig. Ever get those long strike reversal chains against the computer? *Strike**catch**counterattack*catch**counterattack...?

Not so much hard, again (cuz CPU isn't really much smarter), but like I said, more even because of far more reversals.

Yeah, I get those all the time. That's why I fitted my CAW with a counter that wasn't a strike. You can't reverse a arm drag takedown, baby.

I'll rent the new smackdown game for the Wii just to test it the waggle controls. Definitely won't be buying it. I fell for that last year and haven't touched SvsR 07 since February. Any improvements made are minimal/cosmetic. I'll probably just go back to playing No Mercy and Revenge.

The constant reversals were a big headache last year. Yes, I don't mind a move getting reversed as it happens all the time, but when it prohibts you from actually working a decent match, thats when you might wanna rethink your system

Isn't there a slider to adjust the rate of reversals like in 2006?

Anyway, I just picked this up extremely cheap from ebay. Even cheaper than I saw it for used in a shop here in town.

07 came in yesterday. It's not too bad, at all. The new controls take some getting used to but I like that you can use the old style controls as well.

One question: how the hell does the "only announces one tag team members name" bug get by development? You'd think it'd be something pretty easy to notice AND fix.

The latest one was playing the Vengeance (I think) arena, and it was Lilian Garcia's voice doing the ring announcing... buuuut, Tony Chimel was in the ring. Oookay then.

In any game that had Rhyno and Commentary, you would aften hear GORE! GORE! GORE! and Rhyno wouldn't even be involved in the match. Same with any move that Tazz did being called "Tazzmission".

I think real info of that sort doesn't usually start coming out until late August/September with IGN's annual countdown starting around the same time.

This is everyone who's been revealed or said to appear thus far.

Ashley

Batista

Bobby Lashley

Chavo Guerrero

Chris Masters

CM Punk

Edge

Elijah Burke

Jeff Hardy

John Cena

Kane

Kevin Thorn

Marcus Cor Von

Randy Orton

Rey Mysterio

Ric Flair

The Sandman

Shawn Michaels

Snitsky

Triple H

Umaga

The Undertaker

wow, that cover art isn't outdated at all by the time the game comes out now, is it?

:rolleyes:

SvR07 was 6-12 months out of date when that came out, at least it felt that way, damn annoying, but not much you can do about it, I guess.

I can't wait to play this just so I can do the Pounce!!!!!! Also, I wonder if they will put all of Punk's tattoos on correctly (IE: the Pepsi tattoo)

I think real info of that sort doesn't usually start coming out until late August/September with IGN's annual countdown starting around the same time.

This is everyone who's been revealed or said to appear thus far.

Ashley

Batista

Bobby Lashley

Chavo Guerrero

Chris Masters

CM Punk

Edge

Elijah Burke

Jeff Hardy

John Cena

Kane

Kevin Thorn

Marcus Cor Von

Randy Orton

Rey Mysterio

Ric Flair

The Sandman

Shawn Michaels

Snitsky

Triple H

Umaga

The Undertaker

I really hope Tommy Dreamer is a part of the final roster. Sandman and Dreamer would be a helluva fun tag team to play as.

Not if they don't fix the tag team AI where its nearly impossible to get pins because your CPU partner doesn't try to fight off the other CPU guy. That gets annoying REAL fast and forces you to have to do texas tornado-style tag team matches if you want them for fantasy booking/just to have a fun match.

Not if they don't fix the tag team AI where its nearly impossible to get pins because your CPU partner doesn't try to fight off the other CPU guy. That gets annoying REAL fast and forces you to have to do texas tornado-style tag team matches if you want them for fantasy booking/just to have a fun match.

They *still* haven't fixed that?

You'll start to notice other 'easy to spot' bugs that should never have gotten past developers, which is a major annoyance and downfall for the game.

Which is what usually keeps this series as "rent" and not "buy" for me.

And lets not talk about the MITB physics and AI ¬_¬

Yea absolutley. I just rented 2007 instead of buying a copy and am glad I did. It's amazing how they are unable to get any of the ladder match type AI/physics correct. I remember in 2006 that it was impossible to do ladder matches because you could never keep your opponent down long enough. However, the Smackdown v. Raw series has the same problem with EA and its non-Madden type games: they know they have a niche market out there that will make the game a top seller regardless of how much work they put into it. I also feel that the series puts too much emphasis on graphics and not on gameplay. It's not that graphics aren't important to me BUT graphics without gameplay equates to one crappy gaming experience.

I am interested to see what legends have been put into this year's game, though. I imagine we'll still get Austin, Rock, and Bret but I'm praying for them not to do something stupid like give us three versions of Hillbilly Jim or something like that.

Yeah I rarely ever play in regular tag team matches because of that. Most of my tag matches are tornado style. But it really doesn't bother me that much since I don't do any fantasy booking or anything like that.

thats one problem i seriously hope they address that was always such a pain in the ass, also i hope if you play as CM Punk vs Khali, that you'll be able to strike and not retract like it hurt, maybe where Khali would no sell

I really hope Tommy Dreamer is a part of the final roster. Sandman and Dreamer would be a helluva fun tag team to play as.

Yeah, I'm hoping for that too. I always thought it was unfair that Dreamer never got a spot in a Smackdown game, especially while he was hardcore champ. Also, I'm kinda bummed that Sabu won't be in it. It would have been pretty cool having him in a WWE videogame. Shame that RVD probably won't be in it either. RVD and Sabu tagging or against eachother would get me to pay full price for that game. I'm crossing my fingers for Dreamer and Balls. Back when the 3rd SD game came out, I rushed out and bought it just for Jerry Lynn, Raven, Tajiri, and Rhino.

Also, I hope the CAW will improve so that I can make KENTA and Marufuji, maybe McGuinness too, if they include Thorn's finisher.

I bet RVD and Sabu movesets can be found in the CAW, it's not too hard to believe that they were already in the game, programmed and probably ready to be tested when they were released. So they'll just shift the info into CAW for you to create them.