TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest •

The king of grocery stores

Guest Tzar Lysergic

Is that a Kroger chain yet? They're expanding to every chain in the midwest like a tumor. So long Scott's of Indiana and Farmer Jack in Michigan.

Guest Vitamin X

I dig Zupans, but Whole Foods is way too corporate for me. I have a special attachment to Wild Oats because that was the first natural foods store I ever went to, back in Miami (where they're severely lacking, as you might imagine). New Seasons is a lot more involved with the community, and have more fair prices than the big chains.

That said, I just came back from the Whole Foods on Burnside, so I can't really complain. So long as it's not the Safeway I live right next to. That place is hell.

Guest •
Is that a Kroger chain yet? They're expanding to every chain in the midwest like a tumor. So long Scott's of Indiana and Farmer Jack in Michigan.

I believe it is. They only exist out in Rockford (like many Rockford chains) and compete with

outside.jpg

Guest Vitamin X

Cute logo. Nice that they took the picture at the time that the deposit guys are coming to get the day's profits.

we have crappy stores around here..probably because we have 2 Wal Mart 24 hour super centers to cater to the dumbass masses

Food Lion, Giant (stop&shop up north) and Super Fresh (A&P up north).

I went to one store up in NJ and had to pay a quarter to get a cart..dumbest concept ever.

Guest •

I think Aldi does that because then people can't steal their carts. You get your quarter back when you leave. I've never shopped at an Aldi. They're probably filthy inside. Small price to pay for 25-cent loaves of bread.

I do my grocery shopping at Wal-Mart. Around here we have Kroger, Foodland, Aldi, Save-A-Lot, Food Fair, and a couple of local grocery stores that are not chains. We had several Big Bear stores before that chain closed. Wal-Mart has the better prices and selections, so I go there.

Guest Vitamin X

I love Trader Joe's, but the thing I don't like about them are their hours. I like to do my grocery shopping kinda late sometimes.

I love Trader Joe's, but the thing I don't like about them are their hours. I like to do my grocery shopping kinda late sometimes.

Likewise, also it seems that there aren't a whole lot of 24 hr markets in my area. You never know when you might want frozen pizza at 2 am, but then again I live in a crap area of town.

Guest Vitamin X

Go hit up a gas station if you want some frozen pizza. They usually have em.

Of course, not a good Trader Joe's one, but yeah. A craving's a craving.

We have Albertson's, Food 4 Less, Winco, Ralph's, Vons, and probably other places I have forgotten, along with various Mexican markets.

Winco is great, because shit's cheap and they sell these killer footlong pound and a half Italian subs for under $4.

Hilander.png

THERE CAN ONLY BE ONE

that's funny. was just there a couple hours ago. you from rockford?

and yes Hilander was a local chain that was bought out by Kroger and Logli was also another local chain bought out by Schnucks.

the best store for straight up groccerys is Woodmans, an employee owned chain based out of Wisconsin. they also do video rentals, photo processing, oil changes, car wash, gas, and photo development all right there.