TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Your Paragon of Virtue

UFC 76

Looks great so far, Chuck vs. Wanderlei all but confirmed, Shogun vs. Machida in what should be an awesome fight, and Diego Sanchez will probably fight Jon Fitch. Also Evan Tanner will return on this card. This looks pretty fucking good so far.

Are you talking to me or him? Because Chuck's fight wasn't really more than speculation until today, and that's really what makes this awesome. I would have picked Chuck pretty confidently before, but after he was felled by a right hook, I'm not so sure. As we all know Wanderlei loves those wild swinging hooks, and that's really what spelled the beginning of the end against Rampage in their second fight.

I would love to see Evan Tanner fight Anderson Silva. Anderson would be a big favourite obviously, but Tanner's style is pretty effective, and that guy is underrated in the clinch, as he's really good and would probably use his greco to counter Silva's muay thai. We all know how devastating his ground and pound is. Don't get me wrong, he'd need a few tune up fights and even then who knows if he'd get the chance, but they're both exciting fighters so I'd love to see that fight go down.

Shogun's wild acrobatic shit vs. Machida's methodical picking apart should be good as well. I'd like to see how each guy responds to the complete opposite of their style. Machida's always needed to be tested, but this is a lot more than just a test.

Fitch vs. Diego is self-explanatory levels of awesomeness.

EVAN TANNER BABY!

Dana White is now saying the Chuck fight is probably off.

I think they just don't want to fall flat on their face again in case it doesn't happen, but if it really is true, then I am gonna be hard pressed to believe anything Dana says in the future.

UFCJunkie. com says Liddell is headlining UFC 76 against Keith Jardine.

Wanderlei Silva is claiming he only turned down a fight with Chuck Liddell in Anaheim, and still wants the fight to take place in November.

F4W

Wow. That's awful. I definitely thought Chuck/Forrest would've gone down before Chuck/Jardine. Jesus. Good thing the rest of the card looks solid because the main event sure as shit isn't.

Man, sometimes I fucking hate UFC. They need Chuck to win so he can be ready for a Rampage (or Hendo) matchup on Dec 30th so instead of just waiting for the November fight with Silva they decide to be complete fucking morons and put Chuck against somebody that wouldn't draw a ticket if they were being given away for free.

You're right.

But it might not even be true. Now ufcjunkie has an interview with Wandy where he says that he wanted the fight in November and Dana is the one who backed out. He apparently still wants it.

Hopefully they hold off and don't give us Jardine/Liddell. Please, Joe Silva, please.

Without Chuck v. Wandy on the 76 PPV, I wouldn't be surprised to see this show air on Spike or maybe HBO. They already have the London PPV with Rampage v. Hendo on Sept 8 anyways. Diego v. Fitch isnt enough of a draw. It would also be a nice showcase for a Shogun fight on "free" tv. Of course, if they have Chuck v. Jardine, or someone of that ilk they'll hype the hell out of it to try to fool folks into buying it.

A November PPV card of Chuck v. Wandy & Sherk v. Penn would be SWEEEEET. It would also get the mainstream treatment from ESPN that they got with the Liddell/Jackson fight.

The usual 'rumors' have popped up, this one pitting returning Evan Tanner vs Terry Martin for this card.

As well, on Trigg's radio show he's apparently broke that Shogun/LYOTO is off and Shogun/FORREST is on.

Well, the new fight of Shogun vs. Forrest Griffin might be a good one because there's at least a 60% chance that Forrest will just stand there and put his neck on the line.

He also might fight like a pussy like against Ramirez.

The Evan Tanner vs Terry Martin rumors looks to be bunk as sources in both Martin and Chris Leben's camp have confirmed that they'll be going at it on the upcoming UFN show.

The Evan Tanner vs Terry Martin rumors looks to be bunk as sources in both Martin and Chris Leben's camp have confirmed that they'll be going at it on the upcoming UFN show.

So Leben ducks a guarenteed main event fight Mike Swick, for an even tougher opponet in Terry Martin?

What a moron.