TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Your Paragon of Virtue

UFC 76

I don't know where Diego does currently. At this point he is going to be dominated by his bigger, stronger opponents like GSP, Fitch, and maybe even Koscheck. Even a drop down... I still have doubts about him being anything other than a #2 or #3 guy guy in the 155 division. He'd be like what Cro Cop was to the Heavyweight division in PRIDE.

I don't know where Diego does currently. At this point he is going to be dominated by his bigger, stronger opponents like GSP, Fitch, and maybe even Koscheck. Even a drop down... I still have doubts about him being anything other than a #2 or #3 guy guy in the 155 division. He'd be like what Cro Cop was to the Heavyweight division in PRIDE.

Diego seeing GSP's shrink is where he needs to go. A guy as whacked out as Sanchez probably needs his head screwed back on after losing 2 in a row.

Diego seeing GSP's shrink is where he needs to go. A guy as whacked out as Sanchez probably needs his head screwed back on after losing 2 in a row.

I swear that shrink could be rolling in the dough by setting up a cottage industry as the shrink to MMA stars.

Speaking of Chuck, considering retirement while probably a wise thing in the short term, however I don't see him doing so only because the drive for competition is too great. But then again, that division isn't starving for good talent right now so I can see at least 2 more fights (a feeder and then the Wandy bout) and a buyout of the remainder of his deal, if he is seriously considering retirement.

Again, this may be me spewing Creed thoughts so I could be wrong

Do you even know why Rampage lost those fights?

Muay thai clinch...

I also remember Rampage beating up Wanderlei bad in the 2nd fight before getting stopped. Rampage is a mentally stronger fighter since then and I can't see him letting Wanderlei get the chance he did in the 2nd fight.

Diego's the most mentally tough fighter out there, the last thing he needs is a sports psychologist.

At 155 he may do really well against all but BJ Penn. I'd love to see him fight Gomi.

If BJ gasses, Diego stops him but I can't see Diego beating a 100% motivated BJ Penn, although he would hold his own. At 155 Diego would be an absolute monster.

Diego's the most mentally tough fighter out there, the last thing he needs is a sports psychologist.

Well, if you win 19 fights in a row, then lose two straight, and have to deal with the "fun" that is a staph infection. I don't care who you are or how mentally tough you're purported to be - that's gonna take something away from you from a psychological standpoint.

CompuStrike stats: Liddell vs. Jardine - MMA/Boxing Experts Blog - Boxing - Yahoo! Sports

LIDDELL

Strikes Landed 82

Strikes Thrown 164

Connect percentage 50

Arm strikes 74/152

Leg strikes 8/12

Ground strikes 0/0

Takedowns 0

Submission attempts 0

JARDINE

Strikes Landed 111

Strikes Thrown 225

Connect percentage 49

Arm strikes 66/178

Leg strikes 45/47

Ground strikes 0/0

Payout information:

Keith Jardine ($14,000) def. Chuck Liddell ($500,000)

Forrest Griffin ($44,000) def. Mauricio “Shogun” Rua ($150,000)

Jon Fitch ($44,000) def. Diego Sanchez ($22,000)

Lyoto Machida ($50,000) def. Kazuhiro Nakamura ($20,000)

Tyson Griffin ($24,000) def. Thiago Tavares ($9,000)

Rich Clementi ($24,000) def. Anthony Johnson ($5,000)

Jeremy Stephens ($6,000) def. Diego Saraiva ($3,000)

Christian Wellisch ($14,000) def. Scott Junk ($4,000)

Matt Wiman ($16,000) def. Michihiro Omigawa ($5,000)

I don't believe this includes any bonuses for Best Fight, etc, or the PPV bonus that the main event guys usually get.