TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Hunter's Torn Quad

Bound for Glory taking place in Atlanta

TNA’S BOUND FOR GLORY – COMING TO ATLANTA ON OCTOBER 14

By Bill Banks

As first reported by our TNA Mobile service, Total Nonstop Action Wrestling is happy to announce that our biggest Pay-Per-View event of the year - October’s “Bound For Glory” – is coming to Atlanta, Georgia, on Sunday, October 14, 2007!

The “Bound For Glory” spectacular will take place at the Gwinnett Civic Center arena – TNA will provide complete information on tickets in the coming weeks.

A TNA “InterAction” Fanfest is also being planned for “Bound For Glory” weekend in Atlanta.

The “Bound For Glory” spectacular will be a homecoming for many TNA stars, including Kurt Angle - who won his Olympic gold medal at the Atlanta Olympics in 1996. In addition, TNA stars such as AJ Styles, Raven, Rick Steiner and “Primetime” Elix Skipper currently reside near Atlanta.

Check back to TNAwrestling.com in the coming weeks for more information on “Bound For Glory” coming to Atlanta on Sunday, October 14!

TNA Wrestling returns to Pay-Per-View on Sunday, August 12 with "Hard Justice" - featuring Kurt Angle vs. Samoa Joe in a "Winner Takes All" match with every TNA Championship on the line!

From Chicago, to New York, to Atlanta. Hmm, I guess this could the excuse I need to book a week off work, save up for a holiday and go to Atlanta to see an old friend.

I'm going to find a way to go. I don't particularly care what the card ends up being, since the last time I saw wrestling in person I was 13.

How big is the arena?

"The Arena at Gwinnett Center is an indoor arena located in the Atlanta suburb of Duluth, Georgia. The Arena was an expansion to the already existing Gwinnett Center, which also includes a Performing Arts Center, and a Convention Center. The arena seats 11,500 for hockey, 12,750 for basketball, and 13,100 for major concerts."

Wwe ran the Armageddon PPV from there in 2004

If they can fill up that arena, or even come 2/3 to it, it will be a success. I was really hoping they would do Chicago for BFG though, or even better, Minneapolis.

Is the arena actually in Atlanta or near it like how they billed that the previous Non-Orlando PPVs (With the exception of Slammiversary) were in "Detroit" or "St. Louis"?

Is the arena actually in Atlanta or near it like how they billed that the previous Non-Orlando PPVs (With the exception of Slammiversary) were in "Detroit" or "St. Louis"?

What on the earth are you talking about?

He means that, for BFG for example, it was held in Plymouth, MI, so they would always say it was being held in "Motor City USA" or something like that so that you would think it was coming from Detroit and they wouldn't come off as minor league by having a PPV in a town that nobody has ever heard of.

Anyway, in a recent Observer Dave was saying that it was a bad idea for them to hold this event in Atlanta because there is some big event going on that weekend, but I don't remember what it was. Perhaps a NASCAR race of some kind?

It's in Duluth, which is about 30 minutes north of Atlanta. But I'm definitely there. I went to the 2nd anniversary show in Nashville in 04 and had a blast, so I'm looking forward to them coming to my backyard.

If they can fill up that arena, or even come 2/3 to it, it will be a success.

Unless their buyrates randomly jump a thousand percent of what they've been doing, they're just about guaranteed to lose money on that show regardless if they have 1 paying fan or 10000. (IIRC, they've still yet to actually break even on any PPV ever.) So how exactly could it be any kind of success?

He means that, for BFG for example, it was held in Plymouth, MI, so they would always say it was being held in "Motor City USA" or something like that so that you would think it was coming from Detroit and they wouldn't come off as minor league by having a PPV in a town that nobody has ever heard of.

Anyway, in a recent Observer Dave was saying that it was a bad idea for them to hold this event in Atlanta because there is some big event going on that weekend, but I don't remember what it was. Perhaps a NASCAR race of some kind?

The only thing I could find big that weekend in Atlanta was an outdoor food festival called the Taste of Atlanta. Don't know if that was the event mentioned by the Observer though.

I'll definitely be going. Getting in and out of the Gwinnett Center, vehicularly speaking, is simple and a lot better than the nightmare of Phillips Arena and the Georgia Dome.

The original plan for BFG's main event was

Jarrett Vs. Angle

for the title, but its been scrapped for whatever reason. I hope its

Sting Vs. Angle

instead. That'd be sweet.

The original plan for BFG's main event was

Jarrett Vs. Angle

for the title, but its been scrapped for whatever reason. I hope its

Sting Vs. Angle

instead. That'd be sweet.

Well u got your wish - thats the main event.

I wish it would be Sting v. Joe v. Angle personally, but it is what it is.

So the rest of the undercard, I am assuming....

Joe v. Christian

Steiners v. Dudleys

Lethal v. Daniels

Styles/Tomko v. Team Pacman

Women's Gauntlet (perhaps for a women's belt?)

Those are moreless comfirmed for the most part...others suggested by myself....

Mesias v. Abyss or Rhyno (would bet they will do an injury angle w/ Abyss or something)

Storm v. Harris one last time?

Roode v. Kaz again?

Black Reign v. Rikishi or Eric Young?

Any other ideas?

Just to follow up on this, from what was announced on Impact and on the TNA website, the official lineup, so far.

TNA World Title Match

Kurt Angle vs. Sting

TNA X Division Title Match

Jay Lethal vs. Christopher Daniels

TNA Tag Team Title Match

Team Pacman vs. AJ Styles & Tomko

Ultimate X Match

LAX vs. Triple X (Senshi/Skipper)

There Must Be A Winner

Samoa Joe vs. Christian Cage

Special Enforcer: Matt Morgan

Tables Match

Steiner Brothers vs. Team 3D

Knockouts Gauntlet Match

To determine a TNA Women’s World Champion - Christy Hemme, Gail Kim, Ms. Brooks, Jackie Moore, Roxxy Laveaux and five other women they will be signing for this event

Fight For The Right Match

15 man reverse battle royale - last 4 in the match work an elimination match for a world title shot down the road

------

Monsters Ball will be also happening but is yet not announced, which I will bet is Mesias v. Rhino v. Abyss

I really hope they throw in Harris v. Storm as well in some sort of last match ever between those two

All in all, the card looks quite alright to me and I have warmed up alot to Sting/Angle after watching Impact - however, and this probably little to no chance of this happening, I would love to see Christian/Joe turn into a match that will give the winner an immediate slot into the title match. But I truly think (and watch TNA let me down on this again) that Joe will go over one way or another against Christian and then the build will be on for a one on one Joe/Sting title match down the road.

Why the fuck aren't the Motor City Machine Guns on this card?

They should slot them into the Ultimate X match.

I agree - they shouldnt be in the reverse battle royale, thats a waste of their talents.

They still might add them to Ultimate X, there is a good month of build for the ppv, and a few two hour shows on 10/4 and 10/11 to build the ppv as well.

I'm going to this show, so I'm kind of glad they got most of the line-up out. I'm hoping the build is as good as last year's was, but I don't know judging by what we've got so far. The top matches (Angle-Sting, Joe-Christian, Lethal-Daniels, 3D-Steiners and most likely Abyss-Judas) are all fine by me, but the undercard is TERRIBLE. The Fight for the Right is guaranteed to suck, , the Ultimate X match is so thrown together and LAX hasn't even really done their face turn yet and within two months no one will care about the women's title. they should be bringing in a secondary belt here so they can stop using the X-D title for that purpose when it fits their booking (remember Sonny Siaki's reign?) I thought last year's show was pretty gimmick heavy too, but this seems to be a lot. That said, if Angle and Sting have their working shoes on and Joe and Christian and Lethal and Daniels do their thing for 20 mins a piece, no one will remember that the first hour sucked. This year's BFG, like TNA in general, is a mixed bag.

Just got a text that the other five ladies in the TNA women's title match is, and assumed most will be signed for beyond the ppv:

Shelley Martinez (hopefully they signed her fulltime, she would be a great addition, as Mesias' chick or something)

ODB (from OVW, right? Never seen her yet)

Angel Williams (was one of the chicks WWE had in Deep Valley for awhile and also has valeted before)

Talia Madison (chick Ive seen in WEW, pretty good lookin, ok worker)

Amazing Kong (has experience overseas, was just in ROH last week, will make a good monster woman heel)

While I know it won't happen I'm kind of hoping for Sting to get the win again making it a yearly tradition for Sting to win the belt at Bound for Glory. Then I'd like to see him do a nice angle with Joe on his way out, since if I'm correct his contract should be coming up again soon. Unless he signs again, which is cool with me.

While I know it won't happen I'm kind of hoping for Sting to get the win again making it a yearly tradition for Sting to win the belt at Bound for Glory. Then I'd like to see him do a nice angle with Joe on his way out, since if I'm correct his contract should be coming up again soon. Unless he signs again, which is cool with me.

That would be the most ideal scenario to me as well. Sting beats Angle, then we get perhaps a three way match of Joe/Sting/Angle at, say, the Nov. ppv, and then Joe/Sting at the December or January ppv.