TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Hunter's Torn Quad

Bound for Glory taking place in Atlanta

One of the things that I loved about the Women's match was how they made Kong look like a monster. That is a very Japanese thing to have a female wrestler look like a monster. I am looking forward to Kong/Kim for the title, and if they can sign ODB, she will be very entertaining. She seems very good on the mic.

If ODB signs with TNA it can almost be seen as them stealing away a talent from WWE. She is in OVW but noot under WWE contract, so I think it can be a big loss from WWE and their Women's Division.

I too am perplexed at why WWE didn't have ODB under some sort of contract. She was all over OVW TV for several months feuding with Katie Lea, and recently just sorta dropped the women's belt in a dark match to Roucka and left OVW. I find it puzzling since ODB had this drunken white trash type gimmick that would have been much different from the standard WWE diva fare. I thought she was an obvious call up to the main roster, maybe as a wrestler and also as The Sandman's girlfriend or something (before he got released).

I was at this show and all I can say is wow. I was so underwhelmed with the build that I wasn't excited about going all day, but that was an amazing show live from start to finish. The building wasn't close to being full, but obviously the crowd made up for by being into EVERYTHING. The building normally holds about 11,000, but with the stage, it was probably set up to hold 6 or 7 thousand, had they used the side beyond the cameras and the upper decks, but they didn't. The floor seats and lower bowl of the hard camera side were all full though. I guess there were 2500 or 3000 people there.

Still, one thing I kept thinking about was how far TNA has come in such a short time. This was my 2nd live TNA event (I went to the 2nd anniversary show in Nashville), and this was light years ahead of where they were back in 04. When I walked in the arena, I felt like I did during all the Raws I went to during the height of the Attitude era. For as much deserved shit that we all give TNA, it really felt like a big time promotion was in town when I walked into the building.

The biggest reactions of the night were for Sting, Joe, the MCMGs and LAX. Pacman by far away drew the most heat, with Angle coming in second and Christian third. I was really surprised with how over the Guns were though honestly. I love them and want to see them at the top of the tag division, but I really thought they were just over with Orlando. They were in a pre-show match and got big reactions, but I thought that was because they were the first guys out who'd been on TV. But even in the battle royal and when they came out for the tables match, the crowd was into them.

The main event started slowly and the crowd was pretty quiet in the building, so I was worried that they might have been worn out from Joe and Christian's clinic, but Angle and Sting got them back big time. The fact that no other matches had run-ins (Tomko and AJ were stopped and the Guns didn't get physical with 3D) really made people HATE Nash getting in. The pop Sting got for the false finish there was huge and the one for the pin was even bigger.

Good to hear you had a good time, the crowd was just absolutely wild....just imagine if there would have been a packed house there. Still though, that was more than likely the biggest crowd in TNA history. It looked ok on TV - the production team did a good job of making sure certain areas that didnt have people were kept very dark, although when Rick Steiner and D-Von started fighting over on the far side ringside seats, i could make out the end opposite from the stage almost completely empty. Not sure why they picked such a large arena for BFG, but maybe that will be a lesson for them. No need to run any arenas larger than, say, 5,000 or so until they break that mark and then can move up to more larger scale arenas when warranted.

MCM - they are definately over, there is no question, and it seems like they have some direction with them in a feud with the Dudleys. I'd love to see them go over the Duds and move onto a tag title feud with perhaps LAX in due time.

I thought about it and pertaining to the run-ins and ref bumps in the main event, that may have been why I didnt mind them as much as the usual TNA main event run-ins - because the other matches were not full of them. Seemed a bit more unpredictable in its execution too.

Does this now mean Nash is returning to wrestle and will be feuding with Angle then? That would seem to be a ready-made feud of sorts there.

BTW, I'm still trying to figure out if Kurt's 450 knee drop was botched or if it was what he was trying to do. For an apparent botch, he sure made it look pretty smooth, rolling perfectly out of the move upon landing. But he was awfully wobbly when he was on the top rope about to do the move. Wouldnt surprise me though if he intended to do the knee drop, albeit with less impact than he did. Sting was out on his feet big time after getting smashed with the bat in the face too. I can just imagine the conversation those two had backstage after the match.

Also, kudos to TNA for going to the max allotted ppv time, the show ended two minutes before the top of the hour.

Am I in the minority of wanting to see AJ given a real singles push again?

I'm with you on that.

Same here. The guy is insanely talented, and really shouldn't be playing Christian's second banana. I'll give credit where it's due though. He can be funny at times, despite his lack of charisma.

Am I in the minority of wanting to see AJ given a real singles push again?

I'm with you on that.

Same here. The guy is insanely talented, and really shouldn't be playing Christian's second banana. I'll give credit where it's due though. He can be funny at times, despite his lack of charisma.

I always figured they'd eventually do the HHH/Batista storyline with Christian/AJ. Well either him or Tomko.

I'm happy for ODB. Three years ago we did an angle in an indy fed where she "won" a date with me, we did some vignettes, I tagged with her in a match and somehow I ended up feuding with Traci Brooks out of it. But anyway, I'm glad ODB finally got national exposure, she's a damn hard worker and has improved about a thousand percent on her promos (she used to be... not so good).

The gauntlet match was probably the best women's match on TV since Trish retired (barring some sort of Mickie James/Victoria type classic I might've forgotten). The visual of Christy Hemme being folded in half by Amazing Kong is sure as hell something I ain't forgetting soon. I'm kinda surprised that TNA managed to put together such a strong female division, with different types of talent. Compare this to the WWE women's roster, which is all lookalike barbie doll Divasearch chicks who all wrestle like they're straight outta WOW. However, is anyone else not feeling the "Knockouts" brand name?

It seems TNA took a page out of SHIMMER and just went with good looking girls (aside from a couple) who can actually wrestle, provide a diverse field of ladies not just with looks but personality and with different styles instead of the attractive bimbo who know a few moves.

While not the greatest womens match in history, the battle royal got me excited for the "knockout" division. The thing that kills me is that TNA has SO much potential, it's disgusting. The X-Divison and now what could be a very diverse womens division can only distinguish it from the WWE. While I would like to see them bring in more women workers, if they just push the ten that were in that match, it could do wonders.

For those who haven't seen the Angle 450 knee drop yet, clip of it is up at Youtube

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mqWEQQbBSKE

It sure doesn't LOOK like a botch.

If that is indeed a botch, then Kurt Angle has some of the greatest improv skills in history. As if he had the frame of mind and fast-enough reaction time to know he overshot Sting on the 450, then in a split second he thought to roll through it like he MEANT to do a double knee drop. Gold.

I loved Sting's expression after Kurt Angle hit him right square in the face with the baseball bat (Sting was meant to stop the bat, but it went right between his hands). :lol:

Not to mention Sting hit Angle in the face rather then his usual "I hit you in the gut, then you feed me your back" style.

OK...I have to ask...

What the hell does ODB stand for anyway?

One Dirty Bitch.

One Dirty Babe on family friendly shows.

So was the injury to Christy legit or a work? I'd have considered it a work usually, but that was Kong in there...

Finally watched the show, and it was pretty much amazing.

UX was awesome, Hernadez looked like a total bad ass

Fight for the Right was a bit naff, but a total mark out moment when MCMG both got in and their awesome double team moves

Tag match was good for what it was, Creed looked OK but I can't see them using these two as a regular pairing

X Division Title was really really good, I marked out like a lil bitch for the top rope Lethal Combination

Women's gauntlet was great, I haven't seen many of the women in the match wrestle before and I was impressed by a lot of them, Angel Williams and Talia Maddison in particular

Cage/Joe was the MOTN for me. Pitch perfect level of awesomeness.

Monster's Ball was OK, not the best but it was pretty good. And I was happy to see Raven in good shape and that was a wicked bump he took, it's a pity they didn't make more of it.

Title match was nearly the match of the night, and would have been had it not been for the dodgy booking.

Overall, a quality show.