TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
DrVenkman PhD

WWE General Discussion for August 2007

Stamboli refuted the claim that he has re-signed, saying a silly mark misunderstood and then ran to the internet. Basically he's going on the road in September(I think, maybe later) and the mark took that to mean he re-signed, whereas it's an extended tryout. However with JTB implicated in the steroid issue right now, I wonder if wwe will have to pass on him at this time.

JTB could team with Santino or head to ECW with Nunzio, or maybe he'll come back a biker like Chuck Palumbo...

However with JTB implicated in the steroid issue right now, I wonder if wwe will have to pass on him at this time.

If Johnny The Bull is involved with this latest steroid scandal he can forget about it. That will get you passed over almost as fast as killing your wife.

from the WTF files:

Following elbow surgery, Hardcore Holly was sent to Ohio Valley Wrestling on a rehab stint. He told the company that he had no feeling from the elbow to the hand. At this point, his elbow injury is considered career threatening. Apparently WWE had plans to bring him back to television to form a tag team with Eugene as an odd couple team, with a monkey as their manager.

(source: The Wrestling Observer Newsletter)

from the WTF files:

Following elbow surgery, Hardcore Holly was sent to Ohio Valley Wrestling on a rehab stint. He told the company that he had no feeling from the elbow to the hand. At this point, his elbow injury is considered career threatening. Apparently WWE had plans to bring him back to television to form a tag team with Eugene as an odd couple team, with a monkey as their manager.

If he eventully manages to recover, that may be the best timed injury in recent memory.

from the WTF files:

If he eventully manages to recover, that may be the best timed injury in recent memory.

For all the shit he pulled over the years, he would have deserved that gimmick.

from the WTF files:

I honestly want to see this.

Guest shoryuken007

You know who I'd like to see Bob Holly team with? A wheelchair. I hate that guy, and if this injury could end his career, I'm cheering for it. I know that may sound callous, but look at it mathematically. Terrible wrestler + arrogant, tough guy jackass who beats on students = 0, as in zero redeeming qualities for this P.O.S.

You know who I'd like to see Bob Holly team with? A wheelchair. I hate that guy, and if this injury could end his career, I'm cheering for it. I know that may sound callous, but look at it mathematically. Terrible wrestler + arrogant, tough guy jackass who beats on students = 0, as in zero redeeming qualities for this P.O.S.

Yeah, I can't believe a wrestler hit someone, he should burn in hell.

Grow up. I've never seen a wrestling class in which the students didn't get the shit beaten out of them.

Guest shoryuken007

Whatever, wrestling superstar. I feel there's a difference between teaching someone to handle pain and being a bully. I've never seen a wrestling class, period, but I've seen someone in a position of power take liberties, and that's how I saw it. Plus, Bob Holly the wrestler sucks out loud.

Whatever, wrestling superstar.

Whatever, mark. They wanted to provide some "dramatic tension" in Tough Enough, just like all reality shows, so they went with the "Bob Holly iz a bullly" and worked you good.

I've never seen a wrestling class, period

I have. Lots of 'em. With various different teachers. Trust me, what Bob did isn't unusual. Hell, it's a semi-common practice in some places to end every session with a Chop Drill where the trainees get pounded til their chests turn red.

Bob Holly the wrestler sucks out loud.

That's just your opinion. I think he's just fine. Not great, but perfectly competent. That one match with RVD was the best thing that ever aired on ECW SciFi.

And just to further dispute the Bully Holly theory, here's a video montage where former coworkers say it's bullshit, including former Tough Enough trainees.

I don't know why, but when I read that, I pictured Norm McDonald saying it.