TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
JohnnyBlaze

Reaper (CW)

the concept sounds kinda like Dead Like Me, which coinicdently is being made into a movie

Wait, what?

EDIT - I checked it out on Wikipedia - I dunno. No Rube, a different Daisy, I'm not sure how to feel about this.

the concept sounds kinda like Dead Like Me, which coinicdently is being made into a movie

Wait, what?

EDIT - I checked it out on Wikipedia - I dunno. No Rube, a different Daisy, I'm not sure how to feel about this.

Sara Wynter (Kate Warner from 24) now plays Daisy (who oddly enough was played by Laura Harris who played Marie Warner, Kate's Sister in 24) so the re-casting couldn't have really been any better. Fact is they could have just replaced her with a new reaper like they did with Betty to introduce Daisy. Had they filmed a little later I bet they could have gotten Mandy Patankin to play Rube since he quit Criminal Minds.

Im sorta looking forward to it since all the other major characters are back and it could result in the series coming back, possibly with Rube if they give a decent explanation as to why he's not in the movie.

anyway..uh..back to discussion of CW's Reaper..

Wait, what?

Sara Wynter (Kate Warner from 24) now plays Daisy (who oddly enough was played by Laura Harris who played Marie Warner, Kate's Sister in 24) so the re-casting couldn't have really been any better.

Really? She bored me to tears in 24 and I haven't seen her in anything else, so... ah. I dunno. Personally I think I would have much sooner just seen Daisy written out than played by someone else since Laura Harris' Daisy is a hard act to follow, but I dunno. I'll still probably buy it in any case, of course.

Wait, what?

Sara Wynter (Kate Warner from 24) now plays Daisy (who oddly enough was played by Laura Harris who played Marie Warner, Kate's Sister in 24) so the re-casting couldn't have really been any better.

Really? She bored me to tears in 24 and I haven't seen her in anything else, so... ah. I dunno. Personally I think I would have much sooner just seen Daisy written out than played by someone else since Laura Harris' Daisy is a hard act to follow, but I dunno. I'll still probably buy it in any case, of course.

Henry Ian Cusick is taking over Rube's spot as Head Reaper. This is perfectly acceptable.

Only thing about this that makes me sad is the fact that Brett Harrison is in it, meaning "The Loop" isnt getting a third season after all. Am I the only one who likes that show? (hell I bought the s1 dvd), though I was pissed that in the second season they got rid of the roomates and only kept sully.

Only thing about this that makes me sad is the fact that Brett Harrison is in it, meaning "The Loop" isnt getting a third season after all. Am I the only one who likes that show? (hell I bought the s1 dvd), though I was pissed that in the second season they got rid of the roomates and only kept sully.

No you aren't the only "The Loop" fan, I definitely enjoyed that show, and that's a major reason why Reaper looks so intriguing to me. Premiere is almost here too.

Just from the CW trailer I see sometimes it looks like the demon oriented version of ghostbusters.

It's on right now. I'm really liking it so far.

Ray Wise pretty much steals the show.

It's getting pretty good reviews too.

I was pretty underwhelmed with this show. It just felt kinda......there, and did nothing to stand out to me. Overall, I was bored with the majority of the show.

I'll give it a few more weeks though before I write it off.

I enjoyed it, but I think it would serve itself better to lighten up on so much of the comedy. I like the bumbling sidekick, but I just think it was too much. I like it though and will probably try to watch it again.

I wish it was in HD but my CW isn't in HD so..

as it is, its a fun show..

It didnt do bad ratings for a CW show and on a tuesday night..

Delores from DLM being it in was a nice surprise, hopefully its a recurring role.

It's not bad, but I can see it getting old in a few weeks.

It's like Buffy, only good.

Guest Gym Class Fallout

Oh shit you better hide behind/beneath a fat chick, luke-o, you're gonna get your ass e-kicked by legions of nerds.

It's not bad, but I can see it getting old in a few weeks.

It was directed by Kevin Smith. It felt really like a Kevin Smith film.

Meaning it was really heavy on dialogue and overrated and not nearly as amusing as it tries to be.

Oh shit you better hide behind/beneath a fat chick, luke-o, you're gonna get your ass e-kicked by legions of nerds.

I've already had it once on here before, I just really hate that show.

Yeah, this show really did grow on me over the season. I didn't like the first few episodes, but for some reason I kept watching. Once the show actually started ADVANCING somewhere, it actually got pretty good.