TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
EVIL~! alkeiper

WWE 24/7 Discussion Thread - September 2007

Guest heyguesswhatidid

They left in the Dudley's "Highway to Hell" theme during Bubba's promo.

I called 1-888-My WWE 247 to complain about my lack of updates but it was just a recording. Anyway, the September Preview video indicates that Dynamite Kid's match is from Stampede.

Seeing Finlay with a mullet, mustache, and leather jacket with half of a football shoulder pad was priceless.

Better yet was Finley using the pads as a weapon to start the match.

That feud made Regal.

I actually really dug that Shiek/Backlund title change. Really good match for the time period and the psychology was solid, with Sheik working the injured arm and neck of Backlund.

Man, this is the worst 24/7 I've had since subscribing. How can I have received so little on Friday, more than 48 hours after the updates should have been there? I'd do the BBB thing but I don't want WWE getting some letter with my name on it and thinking I'm a traitor of a fan.

You have every right to file a complaint to the BBB. You surely have sent several emails to WWE and they never replied,so it's not like you haven't done anything to try to solve the problem. Wasn't there a member who a month or two ago filed a complaint to the BBB concerning 24/7 and had the problem fixed shortly after ?

Yes that's where I got the idea from. I mean, you'd think in the month where they are having this air FREE for new subscribers, WWE and/or the Cogeco in my market would make every effort possible to make the service look it's best. I guess not, though.

On the flip side new subscribers probably have no idea what is even supposed to be there thanks to the lack of schedule on WWE.com

Edit: Complaint filed! I feel so dirty, turning on the company that has given me so, so many hours of free entertainment. But I'm paying for this channel and I'd actually like the programs that are supposed to be there to ACTUALLY BE THERE.

I also just finished filing a complaint. Since we both have Cogeco, we'll see how fast they rectify this situation. I asked for the return of the 2007 PPV and events, the original programming and the PYBO. I'm paying them 10 bucks a month and I want the product I expect to get at that price. I'm not worried about them getting my name, it's not like my complaint is a big deal to them ( although I swear I'll order every PPV forever if Vince would somehow personnally make fun of me on various backstage segments on Raw)

Dammit, I should've have filed this under "Employment Practices" since I was injustly part of massive layoff a year and a half ago, along with millions of viewers :P

On another note, how is the 2007 Hall of Fame ? It's the Fanatic Series PPV of the month and, since Cogeco didn't showed it last month and I don't want to double dip $40 for the WM 3-DVD case, I might order it.

Damn you're right, they didn't have it! I have it on DVD so I didn't really notice.

Dusty's speech is very good. $10 Fanatics Series good though? If you're recording the show, yeah.

I now forget exactly what I said in the letter but it was basically about wanting all the shows I should be getting. I look forward to positive results out of this.

Happy Birthday to MillenniumMan! Hopefully WWE.com gives you (and everyone else who subscribes) a late birthday present with a good match selection for 24/7 Online's September line-up.

i really dont think its WWE's doing, i think its up to the cable company to update the Video on Demand stuff i would file a BBB complaint on Cogeo too

Happy Birthday to MillenniumMan! Hopefully WWE.com gives you (and everyone else who subscribes) a late birthday present with a good match selection for 24/7 Online's September line-up.

Why thank you Venkman. I feel everyone's pain when their WWE 24/7 programs aren't updated on time (or at all). That'd frusturate the shit out of me. I'd be down for almost anything pre-Attitude era for next month's Online's offerings. I'm moving tomorrow so I'll have to wait about a week to see what they dig up for Sept.

i really dont think its WWE's doing, i think its up to the cable company to update the Video on Demand stuff i would file a BBB complaint on Cogeo too

I've been living in denial about this for 12 months now but the amount of people who actually go ahead and talk to their cable company (unlike me, who just e-mails because I'm not big on speaking with people on the phone when I have complaints, then and gets no response) seem to get the "it's their fault, not ours" response. I really don't know what's what, but flairfan was having a bevy of problems and bam, BBB complaint and he's rolling in the content. At one point I did believe the lack of recent PPVs was an issue with Canadian DVD distribution rights (PPVs often come out on DVD a month or so later here - or did at one point, don't know now - which puts it on par with coming out around the same time it should be on TV for $10 less) but then they just suddenly showed up last fall and I was happy. I also believe Cogeco told 10PoG that the content issues were a problem with WWE distribution. We'll see what happens in the future, I guess. I just haven't waited this long with such a baron update in ages, if at all.

We're getting to the point on PTW where there's new blood filtering in by the week. Ted Dibiase and Bam Bam Bigelow are featured/referred to. What a brilliant character the Million Dollar Man was. But holy shit, Virgil may be wearing the gayest outfit I've ever seen.

We're getting to the point on PTW where there's new blood filtering in by the week. Ted Dibiase and Bam Bam Bigelow are featured/referred to. What a brilliant character the Million Dollar Man was. But holy shit, Virgil may be wearing the gayest outfit I've ever seen.

Supposedly the story is that Virgil got his job by unleashing his hose on Pat Pattersons desk, so you might be on to something there. I just like the veiled hint of racism with the Virgil character, "Yes Suh!"

Guest bp2007

Why thank you Venkman. I feel everyone's pain when their WWE 24/7 programs aren't updated on time (or at all). That'd frusturate the shit out of me. I'd be down for almost anything pre-Attitude era for next month's Online's offerings. I'm moving tomorrow so I'll have to wait about a week to see what they dig up for Sept.

Well they said on the site that September would be "Old School" month and would be featuring a Suprise exclusively available on 24/7 Online. The site hasn't updated yet but any thoughts???

If WWE were smart they'd offer a great selection online since 24/7 On Cable is free this month.

Agreed about the Million Dollar Man. Even though I was a strict "cheer the good guys/boo the bad guys" fan as a little kid, I look back at things now and realize how awesome a heel Ted DiBiase really was. His theme music is one of my all-time favorites from that era. I also read a story on when they hired DiBiase -

They didn't tell him anything about the gimmick, and he was kind of reluctant. They then said, "If Vince could wrestle, this is the gimmick he'd give himself."

I love the old school house shows. It's great how Maple Leaf Gardens, Boston Garden and Madison Square Garden all have their unique looks. Maple Leaf has the ramp, Boston has the wooden steps, etc.

One Night Only won PYBO. Next month has a Halloween theme again but it's a bit of a change up from last year. Big Ones includes Badd Blood and Hardcore Heaven 97.

Yeah, October looks like a good month with the "Freaks and Weirdos" theme.

It'll be good to see Badd Blood '97 featuring the 1st Hell in a Cell.

The pay-per-views to pick from next month are:

Halloween Havoc '89 (My pick and featuring the Sting/Flair vs. Muta/Funk cage match)

Halloween Havoc '91 (Chamber of Horrors/Debut of Rick Rude in WCW)

Halloween Havoc '92 (Featuring one of the BEST Paul E. Rants of all time as he just goes off on Medusa along with Sting vs. Jake Roberts)

We'll also get post Wrestlemania fall-out on MNW (Getting closer and closer to the formation of the Hart Foundation) as we'll see a Bret Hart vs. Rocky Maivia Intercontinental Title match.

I *still* don't have any of the updates (Concast in Pittsburgh). All that's there now are CWF, MNW, and NWA from last week. If they call me back and say it's WWE's fault, maybe I'll take the BBB route, too.

I voted for Havoc 89 since I already have 1991 and 92 from 24/7. Did I read correctly that Hardcore Heaven 97 is going to be shown as well? What does that have to do with October or Halloween?

This afternoon I called Comcast and told them I hadn't received any updates. The lady with whom I spoke told me she'd forward the problem on to whoever, and that she thought they were working today. I decided to send a letter to WWE via the 24/7 feedback, explaining my situation (and that it wasn't the 1st time content was missing), and I threatened to contact the BBB. I checked 24/7 later this evening and voila, everything had magically appeared.

Now, more than likely the Comcast tech people got the problem solved, but it is worth noting that once again a simple mention of the BBB to WWE has resulted in immediate results.

Is it possible that the BBB threats are actually doing the trick b/c WWE doesn't want any other kind of bad publicity at the moment (I could imagine complaints to the BBB somehow being a matter of public record).

I voted for Havoc 89 since I already have 1991 and 92 from 24/7. Did I read correctly that Hardcore Heaven 97 is going to be shown as well? What does that have to do with October or Halloween?

It's hardcore and therefore contains Psychos, Sickos, Maniacs and Monsters, which is October's theme.

WWE Superstar Snitsky brings you classic matches featuring some of the most dangerous “Psychos, Sickos, Maniacs and Monsters” in wrestling history. Featured Superstars include Terry Funk, Bruiser Brody, Buzz Sawyer, Abdullah the Butcher, Kane, the Missing Link, Killer Kowalski, Kevin Sullivan, Mad Dog Vachon and more.

Guest WWE247FanaticSeries

ITS HARDCORE AND THAR3FORA CONTANES PSYCHOS SIKOS MANIAS AND MONSTARS WHICH SI OC2BRS THEM3

WE!!11!!1!! WTF LOL SUPERSTAR SNITSKY BRNGS U CLASIC MATCHES FAATURNG SOME OF DA MOST DANGAROS “PSYCHOS SIKOS MANIAS AND MONSTERS” IN WRASTLNG HIS2RY!111!!11! WTF F3ATURED SUPERSTARS INCLUDE TERY FUNK BRUIESR BRODY BUZ SAWYER ABDULAH DA BUTCHER KAEN DA MISNG LINK KILER KOWALSKI KEVIN SULIVAN MAD DOG VACHON AND MOR3!!!11! OMG WTF