TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Vitamin X

Welcome back, Leena.

And King is right. This board needs the controversy back. The board has been in a slump since their departure as it brought out the best in both sides. Now this faux hardcore discussion folder : "The Chocolate Socket", is overrun by VanHalen, Luke-O, Amnesia, pbone & Matt Young. They all seem like nice guys but they're killing the folder. You could take most of their threads to general chat.

Outside of the religion thread (2nd biggest thread in the CS created in the last month, which is a fucking shame, IMO), I haven't posted in here for a month. What the fuck.

The CS folder is dying? Shit, its been dead. There isn't anything to talk about on the board. It's all about things that are happening in the real world. We aren't generating any discussion. There aren't any people to disagree with the majority on things, all those people got banned. Countless people have stopped posting here because the discussion has been shit. Current Events has been dead. I wish that folder could get going again. But it got ruined, plain and simple. Sports is the only semi-decent folder on the board, with food coming up right behind it. The wrestling folders are a fucking joke. They always have been, so nothings changed there.

I never used to be on this side, but everyone should get unbanned. Fuck trying to have serious discussion all the time, just cut the trolls/spammers out and let things roll as they will. The board as it is right now isn't working. If I want serious discussion, I'll go elsewhere. I want people to disagree with me. I want to get into arguments with them and give them a piece of my mind. Seriousness wasn't why I stayed here after getting ridiculed to hell by everyone and their mother for my first 6 months here. I stayed because it was fun, and a board to fuck around on in my freetime. It really isn't now. So many places do serious discussion better than TSM.

I go to the Pit to get less serious discussion, but it's almost unbearable. Not because anyone over there is bad, but because it's a direct separation from what we used to have here. It fucking sucks.

I know everything I said is probably unpopular. I really don't give a shit if it is.

I think we should unban everyone (well, most of them) and limit them to CS. Maybe even CS& Current Events; or something like Dama & Leena to Sports as well as CS. Shit just unban them. Sports is the only "decent" folder. Almost everywhere else is dead. Most of them probably won't come back anyway.

And King is right. This board needs the controversy back. The board has been in a slump since their departure as it brought out the best in both sides. Now this faux hardcore discussion folder : "The Chocolate Socket", is overrun by VanHalen, Luke-O, Amnesia, pbone & Matt Young. They all seem like nice guys but they're killing the folder. You could take most of their threads to general chat.

I barely post in here, let alone create threads.

Guest Soriano's Torn Quad

I agree with 909: We need a TSM Banned Poster Amnesty Week, in which everyone we've ever banned can come back. (Except Prince Paul.) Then at the end of the week, we decide if any of them can be reinstated. NHB has gotten weak like damn lately. No controversy or anything. What happened to the good times of last year, when we all ran Dangerous Donnie D and BrookersFan off? That was fun. Now it's just a bunch of bad Matt Young crap in here.

Hey, it's not my call. I think she should stay here. Of course, this requires a concerted effort from the staff and herself. She clearly wanted to be discovered as Leena within like 3 posts. Just quit the whole charade on both sides so she can contribute again.

Yeah, I really do get what you're saying there, but I actually really offended her, and I wish that hadn't happened. Not in the Marney way, where I openly told her to kill herself, but in an "Ok, I made a mistake, look I'm really seriously sorry." way. I actually did talk to her on aim the other day, and she seemed to have put that "unpleasantness" behind her, so I guess all is right with the world, but I wouldn't mind talking to her again.

I do love her (and by the way, Adam, I also love you), but I love a lot of people. It actually does freak people out sometimes, but a person's soul really does touch me *right here* (beats chest). By the way, I love everyone on the secret board for jerks, but besides that, you and Leena are probably the only people on the internet I love. I do care a lot about Jingus, but he kinda makes me sad more than anything. Oh, and pbone. That guy rules.

I can't say there are alot of people I can openly say the "l" word to nowadays. Becky is of course one, Kayte I could but haven't done so lately, then there's my grandmother and my father...that might be it. At one time I did use the "l" word with Leena...I still wasn't completely stable at that time so I can't recall if it was more of a friend thing or wanting to be with her thing but I don't regret it any. I'll always stand by my thoughts of had she just been like what she was on AIM with me to everybody else then she would have had no problems...but then she was also egged on and people tried getting on her nerves constantly. She just didn't have the ability to brush it off her shoulder.

I do care about you though Dave, you're good people. When I get time to call and update you on things I will do so.

Guest benoitwasmurdered

Bans should only be temporary, that way when someone's act gets stale (as Leena's act does) they can be banned long enough for everyone to start getting nostalgic.

you (3:48:47 AM): GIMME THAT DUSTPAN NOW

me (3:48:39 AM): I already did.

The hell was THAT about, anyway?

Now it's just a bunch of bad Matt Young crap in here.

Czech, you're hurting my feelings, Czech.

It's not like he's lying. It's almost like when Mole bought the board, you went, "Hey, clean slate to be awful."

I've long been a proponent of banning only the worst spammers, trolls, and dumbasses, leaving everyone up to their own devices otherwise, but the problem is where to draw the line. Like netslob, he obviously had to go.

Even if his entertainment value dropped on his return, I honestly miss people like Crono, Damaramu, wildpegasus, etc., because they created drama and made things interesting. Fuck 'derailing discussion', is anything those guys did worse than razazteca contributing nothing but shitty jokes or one of many awful WWE threads turning into open mic night at the comedy club? As someone else said, if I want serious discussion, I'll go somewhere else. But if you have a problem with someone, even the caliber of Leena or any of those, that's obviously what the Ignore function was made for. That is if you're enough of a puss to resort to that, but it's still better than dropping the hammer on anyone and everyone who does nothing more than be annoying or offensive to the big bad board. In the case of someone like Donny D it'll sort itself out anyway. Plus I'm with anything that takes administrator power away from admin and Mole.

I'm okay with letting CronoT back in, because we need a bobo doll here.

Guest mqatrombone
I don;t know who it was, but apparently Howard Stern interviewed someone who claimed to have fucked Sharapova, and he said that she just laid there like a corpse.

Not Hot.

Lies. Maria's money-hungry controlling Daddy would never allow that.

Guest mqatrombone
Hey, it's not my call. I think she should stay here. Of course, this requires a concerted effort from the staff and herself. She clearly wanted to be discovered as Leena within like 3 posts. Just quit the whole charade on both sides so she can contribute again.

I just don't care. When I want to post, I'll post.

Alan, or The Guy Who Paid Real Money To Be Moderator Of Forums.TheSmartMarks.Com are correct to keep banning me. Especially since I basically asked for it.

And we don't want bob_barron to argue about how things are handled here.

Guest Vitamin X

I like how people react to Leena, so I don't care if she stays or goes. I don't think she added much to the board, if looked at as a regular poster, no more than say a Marvinisalunatic or what have you.

I still don't understand what wildpegasus did to really get banned; If you just scrolled past his posts, you never really noticed the guy other than the 500 people that responded to everything he said. Dama was much the same way, although he did go a tad overboard in some threads, but no worse than many posters do at many, many other boards.

I think the only person who annoyed the shit out of me was Crono. Oh, and iB.

Guest Vitamin X

For posting pictures of CanadianChick and insulting her, I think.

I liked him, actually.

I don;t know who it was, but apparently Howard Stern interviewed someone who claimed to have fucked Sharapova, and he said that she just laid there like a corpse.

Not Hot.

It was the lead singer from Maroon 5.

And I hate it when women "starfish" it.

Name me one guy who does.

And ungainly noises or not, I would still fuck Serena Williams in every hole until she begged for mercy.

Necrophiliacs.

And I completely cosign on the second statement x1000.

Guest cwilson13
I like how people react to Leena, so I don't care if she stays or goes. I don't think she added much to the board, if looked at as a regular poster, no more than say a Marvinisalunatic or what have you.

I still don't understand what wildpegasus did to really get banned; If you just scrolled past his posts, you never really noticed the guy other than the 500 people that responded to everything he said. Dama was much the same way, although he did go a tad overboard in some threads, but no worse than many posters do at many, many other boards.

I think the only person who annoyed the shit out of me was Crono. Oh, and iB.

How does one "add much" to forums.thesmartmarks.com. Unless you're like Mole or adminbot, nobody has. Before I'd mock you for saying stuff like that, but I'm nice now!!

WP was banned for derailing tons of threads outside of NHB with his gimmickry. It was correct to ban him.

I'm not sure why Dama was. It was like 1 year+ after his OU insanity in the college football threads.

Hotbutter was banned for pissing off CC. That was funny.

Dama is the exact kind of poster the sports forum needs, btw. He was passionate. He wanted to begin debate. And he was interested in learning more about sports. That's what forums are for.

Guest Vitamin X

"Add much", as in adding to discussion. But, I'll admit I'm guilty of not always doing that, either, so I'd have to agree with you.

Guest benoitwasmurdered

Last night when someone invited Mole to the chat he made clear he wasn't going to unban anyone. He likes that there's no more drama.

Mole's a douche.