TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
DrVenkman PhD

WWE General Discussion - September 2007

Cryme Tyme, while at times kinda sloppy, was energetic and used actual, gasp, tag team maneuevers in their matches. Their "let's start the bidding!" thing, to me, was corny and lame, however. London and Kendrick, who are god damn talented, are stuck with useless Cody Rhodes (London didn't even get tagged in on the Raw six-man!) and losing to the World's Most Unover Tag Team (sorry, it's not 2003), so I wouldn't expect much.

Given WWE booking, I'd expect the next tag team title challengers to be Cody Rhodes and Ron Simmons. With Cade & Murdoch defeating London and Kendrick in 2:21 the Raw before the PPV.

CONGRESSMAN STEARNS TRASHES REPORT SENT BY WWE, SAYS WELLNESS POLICY NOT "WORTH A FLIP"

In a stiff blow to WWE, Congressman Cliff Stearns said the government turning up all of these drug purchases from an online pharmacy tells him that "WWE does not have a drug policy that's worth a flip." He said that WWE didn't catch them, a district attorney in Albany, N.Y. investigated and found them.

He also said he wonders what other online pharmacies might have other WWE customers. He said he wants more details on how WWE's testing policy actually works.

"We asked them for their testing information; what they came back with was not sufficient," Stearns said. "We do not have a copy (of the actual testing policy). We didn't understand whether it was random, what the threshold (level for drugs) was, whether any of these wrestlers were getting post-dated prescriptions after the fact."

He said he believes he now has their attention. Plans are going forth to hold hearings on Capital Hill later this month or early in October.

Guest Hasbeen2
Bad, bad, move. Cryme Time was over with the fans big time.

They were good opening match level act to get the crowd going. They got the 'Godfather pop', and that was it. It's no big loss to see them gone.

So? Some talent they're putting out there get no pop. I'd rather hear a Godfather pop than none at all. Unless they beat Cade and Murdoch bloody, unprovoked, they should have been kept. Who's going to replace them, for the time being?

They were good opening match level act to get the crowd going. They got the 'Godfather pop', and that was it. It's no big loss to see them gone.

So? Some talent they're putting out there get no pop. I'd rather hear a Godfather pop than none at all. Unless they beat Cade and Murdoch bloody, unprovoked, they should have been kept. Who's going to replace them, for the time being?

Slap a catchphrase on a new face team and you'll get the same response within a couple of weeks.

This was a bizarre piece of business I saw in a house show report:

"After the match, Finlay was bullying Tony Chimel around, and after a few slaps, Chimel gave Finlay a stunner. After Finlay got up, Jim Korderas gave Finlay another stunner. Once again, as Finlay got up, Chimel gave him a 3rd stunner in a row."

Slap a catchphrase on a new face team and you'll get the same response within a couple of weeks.

Robbie, Rory, Yeah Yeah?

This was a bizarre piece of business I saw in a house show report:

"After the match, Finlay was bullying Tony Chimel around, and after a few slaps, Chimel gave Finlay a stunner. After Finlay got up, Jim Korderas gave Finlay another stunner. Once again, as Finlay got up, Chimel gave him a 3rd stunner in a row."

Stone Cold training a ring announcer and a referee. What the hell?

Backstage, there has been heat between Crime Tyme and Cade & Murdoch for several weeks. During an altercation at a house show this weekend, shad from Crime Tyme said to Trevor Murdock, "Whatever happens out there happens". This was seen as a direct threat and Murdoch addressed Shad's threat in front of the rest of the locker room.

Cade & Murdoch decided to pull a rib on Crime Tyme involving the referee of their match that night and a major swerve. There is a spot in the match where JTG gets bumnped out of the ring and gets back in right before getting counted out. The swerve is that the refs were going to count very fast at the end and disqualify Crime Tyme - -without them knowing hte real finish to the match. After it went down, Crime Tyme was shocked -- but immediately gave the referee their finishing maneuver - took off his belt and auctioned it off in the crowd!

Although the referee was protected during the move and they stayed in character by auctioning off his belt, Crime Tyme still performed their finisher on somebody who did not expect it or was trained to take it and were seen as the real "bad guys" of the whole situation. They were released after the show

RAJAH

I hate to involve race, but its obvious that if the roles were reversed, Lance and Cade would have been fired if they were black, instead of Cryme Time.

I know some want believe it(most here are white, and have a different perspective on race), but you have to look deeper into the situation.

I mean who was the unsuspecting person..

And I wouldnt have thought Cade and Murdoch had the type of ability to pull a rib like that

Maybe HHH or someone of main event calibur but Cade and Murdoch?

Backstage, there has been heat between Crime Tyme and Cade & Murdoch for several weeks. During an altercation at a house show this weekend, shad from Crime Tyme said to Trevor Murdock, "Whatever happens out there happens". This was seen as a direct threat and Murdoch addressed Shad's threat in front of the rest of the locker room.

Cade & Murdoch decided to pull a rib on Crime Tyme involving the referee of their match that night and a major swerve. There is a spot in the match where JTG gets bumnped out of the ring and gets back in right before getting counted out. The swerve is that the refs were going to count very fast at the end and disqualify Crime Tyme - -without them knowing hte real finish to the match. After it went down, Crime Tyme was shocked -- but immediately gave the referee their finishing maneuver - took off his belt and auctioned it off in the crowd!

Although the referee was protected during the move and they stayed in character by auctioning off his belt, Crime Tyme still performed their finisher on somebody who did not expect it or was trained to take it and were seen as the real "bad guys" of the whole situation. They were released after the show

RAJAH

I hate to involve race, but its obvious that if the roles were reversed, Lance and Cade would have been fired if they were black, instead of Cryme Time.

I know some want believe it(most here are white, and have a different perspective on race), but you have to look deeper into the situation.

I don't know how in the world you can inject race into this considering the information given out. If a white team did this they likely would have been fired as well. If murdoch/cade did this they would have immediately been made to drop the belts and either buried or fired. The dudes apparently threatened murdoch and then did a form of a shoot on the referee where he could have been hurt. Sometimes people look to involve race into situations where it simply does not apply.

That is weak sauce if it is true. I am sure all of the refs have basic bump taking knowledge. Basically all the ref would be taking would be a basic samoan drop bump. If the ref can be in on a rib and break script and count out Crime Tyme then he should be able to take a rib too. It is not like he got stiffed on a big boot. You can call it racism or whatever but regardless the punishment did not fit the crime (no pun intended) as far as I am concerned. Especially when you look at past precedents.

Sounds like all the parties involved were being dicks about it, they just happened to pull the final dick move and got canned for it. Course the crowd probably wasn't pleased the match ended in a count out and truthfully, it was a nice recovery by them to make the crowd feel more involved at a house show. I gotta wonder if a major guy had pulled this if the company wouldn't have just let it go.

However, they don't have that experience and time in the company under their belt so that's that.

RAJAH

PFFFFFFFFTTTTTTTTT

Cryme Tyme has the finish of the match changed on them and they weren't clued in. They then give the referee (who was involved in the whole thing) a *PROTECTED* finisher (all refs can take bumps, which was already noted) and then they do their crowd bit and THEY get fired?

Kinda similar to the Montreal Screwjob, but with HBK getting fired this time.

There is having a joke/rib that costs someone a match or whatever, and then there is putting an untrained ref in a finishing move. Cryme Time did a nice recovery with the belt part, but pulling off a finishing move on an unsuspecting ref is rolling the dice in this buisness.

Thank you golden greek for your excellent analysis on the matter.

I don't think Cryme Tyme deserved to be fired for this. Suspended and fined? Maybe. Having their feud abruptly ended? Okay. But to fire them over something like that is just overreacting.

CRYME TYME'S SHAD TALKS ABOUT THEIR SUDDEN FIRING

Hi every one this is my first BLOG so bear with me, I'm not a computer guy. I figured this was the best whey to answer everyone's questions and give credible answers to the situation involving me and J. First I want to say thank you to WWE and all the talent in & out of the ring (Superstars, Divas, Agents, Production, Creative, Referees, Office, OVW, and more) for giving me the opportunity to follow my dreams and helping to mold and guide me in the right directions. I also would like to apologize to anyone I have hurt or disrespected. I am truly sorry.

Being a WWE wrestler has been a dream of mine since I was 5 years old and wrestling for WWE is the greatest job in the world. Unfortunately due to certain actions and events that I will NOT discuss J and I were released. WWE is not an evil greedy corporation, it is a family, and in my heart I know I will some day be a WWE Super star again and part of that family. But until then I will continue to learn my craft and become the best that I can be. God has shut a door in my life, but he is opening a window.

So with that being said, special thanks to my Family & Friends for their love and support, OVW & Danny Davis, my former co-workers and still friends, also thank you to anyone that has ever cheered for me I love you all, and last but not least, a special thank you goes out to all the people who screwed, booed, and cheated me throughout my life & career. You have made me stronger and better in what I am doing. You made me appreciate even more the people who demonstrated the true meaning of loyalty and trust. You taught me the value of friendship; that trust has to be earned, not given. You taught me not to trust someone just because they go to church, because all of you did.

I will keep everyone posted as best I can.

Thank you & God bless

Shad J Gaspard

That is weak sauce if it is true. I am sure all of the refs have basic bump taking knowledge. Basically all the ref would be taking would be a basic samoan drop bump. If the ref can be in on a rib and break script and count out Crime Tyme then he should be able to take a rib too. It is not like he got stiffed on a big boot. You can call it racism or whatever but regardless the punishment did not fit the crime (no pun intended) as far as I am concerned. Especially when you look at past precedents.

-When I'm Ref'ing I would like to know when I'm bumping and how I'm bumping, espically if it's a big move and if the finish has changed, I would also like to know that as well, espically when it's a rib so I can play along as well.

-For the guy who said it was "racism".....shut up.

-What Cryme Time did (if that's what actually happen), would be considered unprofessional and wrong if it just pist off a few people. The Ref may have not been mad, but Cade and Murdoch along with a few bookers could have been mad about Cryme Time changing the finish and not telling anyone and that's most likely what did them in.

-When I'm Ref'ing I would like to know when I'm bumping and how I'm bumping, espically if it's a big move and if the finish has changed, I would also like to know that as well, espically when it's a rib so I can play along as well.

-What Cryme Time did (if that's what actually happen), would be considered unprofessional and wrong if it just pist off a few people. The Ref may have not been mad, but Cade and Murdoch along with a few bookers could have been mad about Cryme Time changing the finish and not telling anyone and that's most likely what did them in.

Wait, did I read this wrong? I thought it was being reported that Cade and Murdoch were the ones that conspired to change the finish on Cryme Tyme, with the the referee in on it, not the other way around. Are you saying otherwise?

Wait, did I read this wrong? I thought it was being reported that Cade and Murdoch were the ones that conspired to change the finish on Cryme Tyme, with the the referee in on it, not the other way around. Are you saying otherwise?

sorry, I mis-read it, I thought it was the other way around. In that case, no Cryme Time shouldn't have done anything to the Ref unless the Ref was fine with the move after it happen.

The way I see it, Cryme Tyme was in the wrong here for their part, but Cade and Murdoch should have been punished too for doing the rib. The fact that Cade and Murdoch didn't like Cryme Tyme makes it look like it wasn't meant to be a good natured rib but a malicious one intended to piss Cryme Tyme off. I wouldn't be surprised if because of this, London and Kendrick wins the titles at Unforgiven and Cade & Murdoch are semi-depushed.