TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Soriano's Torn Quad

NFL Week 1 Paneled Basement Party & Chat

The season begins tonight. Let's start a new thread!

Picks:

Colts d. Saints

Eagles d. Packers

Vikings d. Falcons

Dolphins d. Redskins

Patriots d. Jets

Titans d. Jaguars

Broncos d. Bills

Steelers d. Browns

Panthers d. Rams

Chiefs d. Texans

Seahawks d. Buccaneers

Bears d. Chargers

Lions d. Raiders

Giants d. Cowboys

Ravens d. Bengals

Forty-Niners d. Cardinals

Colts v. Saints

I take Colts with the usual Manning heroics but the Saints will keep it close

Eagles v. Packers

Do the Packers even have a starting RB? I foresee Favre throwing bombs and INTs all day.

Vikings v. Falcons

Dud its the Love Boat vs the Replacements if anything Norwood will be the star of the game.

Dolphins v. Redskins

Jason Campbell is surprise everyone with a big game or not

Patriots v. Jets

The spread offense will have Brady throwing TDs to everyone including Linemen

Titans v. Jaguars

Vince Young to Lendale White for a few TDs.

Broncos v. Bills

Zone Blocking is unstoppable Broncos by 3 TDs

Steelers v. Browns

Now that Ben is wearing a helmet he can think straight so a pair of TDs to Santonio Holmes for the win.

Panthers v. Rams

Stephen Jackson vs Steve Smith who will win? Why its this years MVP Mr. Jackson!

Chiefs v. Texans

Don't know what to think Larry Johnson is a one man team vs the team that has done nothing period other than make alot of bad business decisions...I'll still take Houston by 6.

Seahawks v. Buccaneers

Easy win for the Hawks

Bears v. Chargers

Da Bears have no offense so its up to the Chargers to lose the game

Lions v. Raiders

Somebody has to win this why not the new Mike Martz 6 WR offense?

Giants v. Cowboys

Giants lost some players in the pre-season and Stratham held out and they have been planning a mutiny for the past 3 years so there is no way the Cowboys can lose this.

Ravens v. Bengals

Is everyone in this game a criminal? Ravens might have an offense more offensive than da Bears.

Forty-Niners v. Cardinals

Look at the schedule...the Cards swept the 49ers last season and add to the fact that Norv Turner is no longer there and Gore claims that his hand is healed but really do you believe that?

Bears v. Chargers

Huh? News to me. They were 15th ranked in total offense last year, not great but nowhere close to "no offense". This said, the Chargers should win.

Bears v. Chargers

Huh? News to me. They were 15th ranked in total offense last year, not great but nowhere close to "no offense". This said, the Chargers should win.

Da Bears had a *sporadic* offense.

When Grossman was on, they'd score 40 points.

When he was off, he'd fumble 4 snaps and throw some INTs.

Kelly Clarkson, John Mellencamp, and Faith Hill, presented by Rich Eisen fumbling--as it were--the promotional consideration voiceovers. You're not exactly distinguishing yourselves here, Indianapolis, NFL, and NBC. Removal of the Pink opening theme is a must for earning points back; we're already one-third of the way to AAAAAAAAGGG territory and the game hasn't even started. Don't forget we get Keith Olbermann editorials at halftime!

Not really, since Indianapolis isn't exactly a sprawling metropolis, and most of the people there are either from small Indiana towns themselves, or don't really care and just like Mellencamp. 'sides, Lou Reed wrote a song about Andy Warhol getting out of a small town, and it was Pittsburgh.

Boy, that national anthem rendition was another example in my argument that our national anthem should just be "Don't Stop Believin'."

Bears v. Chargers

Thomas Jones left and on bad days Grossman looks like past his prime Favre and I'm not sold on Berriman at WR.

Who's Berriman?

NBC failed. Oh God, the Sprint-Nextel product placement is vomit-inducing.

Kelly Clarkson, John Mellencamp, and Faith Hill, presented by Rich Eisen fumbling--as it were--the promotional consideration voiceovers. You're not exactly distinguishing yourselves here, Indianapolis, NFL, and NBC. Removal of the Pink opening theme is a must for earning points back; we're already one-third of the way to AAAAAAAAGGG territory and the game hasn't even started. Don't forget we get Keith Olbermann editorials at halftime!

I dont think thats any better.

Gore claims that his hand is healed but really do you believe that?

Gore's hand is healed so...what's the conspiracy? And his legs are fine which is most important.

Gore claims that his hand is healed but really do you believe that?

Gore's hand is healed so...what's the conspiracy? And his legs are fine which is most important.

Yeah and the Pats never lied about injuries every week.

Shut the fuck up. Shut the fuck up. The Saints didn't inspire a country. Nobody really cared. I thought we dropped that whole thing and moved on to expecting Virginia Tech to revive the dead.

Shut the fuck up. Shut the fuck up. The Saints didn't inspire a country. Nobody really cared. I thought we dropped that whole thing and moved on to expecting Virginia Tech to revive the dead.

They inspired me when they got beat down by the Ravens...hmm