TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Soriano's Torn Quad

i hate the world

My dad STILL tells this story with regularity, and I've taken to telling it as well.

When he and five buddies went to Myrtle Beach in 1996, maybe '97, they went to lunch at the NASCAR Cafe. When the waitress asked my dad what he wanted, he first asked for a chocolate milk, and his buddies called him a fat bastard. She proceeded to ask him what he'd like to eat, and he said, without hesitation, "I'm sure not getting the Dick Trickle burger"...which actually was a fucking item!

Guest Soriano's Torn Quad

My dad used to live in Myrtle Beach. One night, I think it was in '78, he and some friends were at a bar, and Ric Flair tried to beat the shit out of his buddy. Flair couldn't return to that county for some time because there was a warrant for his arrest, and so my dad would always page this guy at work, telling him Flair was on line 1. W/r/t Myrtle Beach, he said it was nice to live in an oceanfront apartment and hang out on the beach all day, but he didn't make any money. My dad is so much cooler than I am. To nicely segue back from my dad to NASCAR, he think NASCAR is stupid, but enjoys going to the Indy 500 press day so he can take photographs and bring his old friends from high school to the press box for free food. He probably would not eat "NASCAR burgers."

Yeah, but Checker's and Rally's have a racecar theme anyway, so it's not surprising. They've actually done NASCAR tie ins before. You know what was really good there was the Jim Beam burgers. I think they were called that because they had Jim Beam barbecue sauce on them, but what the fuck? A Jim Beam burger? That's retarded. Not as retarded as NASCAR burgers, though. But the point is, they might taste good no matter what they're called.

In addition, racecar is my favorite palindrome.

In addition, racecar is my favorite palindrome.

Additional father story! When it was on when I was in high school, we would often watch S Club 7 way more than any other heterosexuals on the planet. He would often call Hannah his favourite because she was the best looking. His favouritism was cemented because her name was a palindrome.

Also, it was in the music thread for a while last year...check out Weird Al's Bob, a parody of Bob Dylan's Subterranean Homesick Blues . The entire song is palindromes.

I also think I've seen them in the frozen food section of Dollar Tree on a Michigan outing, but then again that might have been Banquet Brand frozen dinners with a NASCAR driver on the front of the box. I also recall having a burger at the Nascar Cafe at the Sahara in Las Vegas, seemed good.

Off that topic and back to S-Club 7, is that Hannah picture recent? I don't recall her looking like that in 1999. Good stuff.

I liked Jo the most when it was on, but common sense eventually prevailed and my adolescent lust directed itself to Hannah, who was >>> Rachel.

But she didn't look as cute in Agent Cody Banks (? That movie with the kid from Malcolm)

A Jim Beam burger? That's retarded.

they used to do a Jim Beam burger in Wetherspons pubs here in England, and I have to say i thought it was awesome. They don't do it anymore. Wankers.

Guest Gym Class Fallout

Ah, Checkers. There used to be one in Palatine before they were shut down for health code violations. I believe it: every time I went there, I got sick. The only thing they didn't screw up was the banana milkshake. Only place in the area where I could get a banana milkshake. So yeah, I miss that, but I have a feeling Checkers is one of the worst fast food places ever.

EDIT: the fuck is Rap Cat?

I really like Checkers. Liked, at least; I haven't eaten there in several years. I remember that one summer they had the fantastic Cheese Double Cheese on a special, where you could get two for two dollars, and some of those heart attack fries for another buck.

One of the Checkers by my house in Florida also had a short-lived Mexican menu. An ill-advised team-up, never quite succeeding on the level of KFBell.

I'm a fan of Checker's as well, always make sure to stop down there once whenever I head down to visit the relatives in Virginia.

Fun fact; Checker's (or Rally's if you will) doesn't release the nutrutional facts or ingrediants of their food

Apparently, Rap Cat is a puppet cat featured in several Checkers and Rally's fast-food restaurant commercials created by the New York-based advertising agency Amalgamated. Rap Cat is presented as a reason to visit the left drive-thru, as opposed to the right side. This commercial is generally viewed as a form of absurdist humor. Rap Cat's rapping abilities seem to be limited to meowing rhythmically. In March 2007, Checkers released a Rap Cat music video titled "Meow Meow." A Checkers/Rally's promotion intended to play off the popularity of the Rap Cat spots features cheeseburger meal bags designed to look like the puppet's jersey. By cutting holes in the bag, patrons can ostensibly create their own "Rap Cats" by putting the bag jerseys on their pets and recording the results. Animal rights groups have objected to the concept, citing the potential danger to pet owners inherent in trying to get cats to wear clothing, and arguing that it could amount to animal cruelty.