TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Cheech Tremendous

WWE Folder sucks dick

18. 2007 was a pretty bad year due to one of the top stars murdering his family and subsequent steroid investigations outing a quarter of the roster. But it wasn't as bad as 2003. Nash and Steiner were in main events for crying out loud!

So, you know what would be tight? Reading!

PR-wise, this is the worst it's been in a long time, but if you're looking at it as a fan, I don't see how this beats out 2003.

Let's look at it again:

PR-wise, this is the worst it's been in a long time, but if you're looking at it as a fan, I don't see how this beats out 2003.

This time with emphasis added:

Once more with feeling!

BUT WAIT; THERE'S MORE!!

Again, all I ever said was in terms of entertainment.

I'm sorry?

Again, all I ever said was in terms of entertainment.

So you're saying...

in terms of entertainment.

One more time?

in terms of entertainment.

The saddest thing is that there were three or four other people who couldn't grasp that fact; that, while from a public relations, business, and internal standpoint, this is clearly the worst year in history, that doesn't make it the least entertaining. The two are separate conditions. No, wait, i apologize; the truly sad thing is that the WWE folder DOES suck, and you've got me in here defending it, because you called to task a thread that actually inspired rational discussion. GOOD JOB. Fucking idiot.

Cheech, half of this shit isn't even true! No one said HHH, Batista, and Lashley were the ONLY guys on roids. No one said CM Punk is better than everyone. And no one said HHH is the worst person in the world. There's a lot of hyperbole in the WWE folder, and a lot to call it out on, but you're just making shit up at this point.

Christ. This thread would be awesome if it wasn't so terrible.

How Hoff could say 2003 was worse than 2007 just because HE didn't like seeing Steiner and Nash in the Main Events is beyond me.

I'd be disgusted if I wasn't so horrified.

I just recently got cable and tuned into RAW last night for the first time in more than a year. Why doesn't John Cena's dad have a first name? Mr. Cena just smacks of laziness.

Because his dad's name is John too, and the WWE truly thinks their fans are mongoloid idiots who would be confused by that.

Is that why they called Chavo Guerrero Sr., Chavo Classic? :lol:

31. Shut the fuck up Hoff

But, I mean...couldn't you just call him John Cena, Sr.? Or Jim Cena? It's not like anyone's going to know the difference. It just took away from the believability of an otherwise absolutely airtight and intense main event to have the guy announced as Mr. Cena.

But, I mean...couldn't you just call him John Cena, Sr.? Or Jim Cena? It's not like anyone's going to know the difference. It just took away from the believability of an otherwise absolutely airtight and intense main event to have the guy announced as Mr. Cena.

Cena Classic.

35. Once the wrestlers taller than 6ft, and over 180lbs he's automatically a bad worker

36. If you're shorter and lighter than said build, you are a great worker, but the WWE will restrict your moveset and make you look bad because they don't want you to get over. And you will be held down by HHH because he's scared of being outshined.

Wasn't entirely bad. I just ran across an old Raw from that time with RVD vs. Benoit and Flair vs. Rock, plus Coachman's infamous revelation that he sodomizes cows, and it was pretty fun.

EDIT: the show was fun, that is. Not the sodomy.

Guest Gym Class Fallout

My argument had been that it's pointless to delineate public relations and entertainment here; were I still a fan, I'd stop being entertained by wrestling when Chris Benoit strangles his son and hangs himself.

Guest Gym Class Fallout
were I still a fan, I'd stop being entertained by wrestling when Chris Benoit strangles his son and hangs himself.

what does that have to do with the product itself?

It just does. That was my point. I don't want to have anything to do with this stuff.

were I still a fan, I'd stop being entertained by wrestling when Chris Benoit strangles his son and hangs himself.

what does that have to do with the product itself?

It has everything to do with the product itself. You aren't repulsed by an organization that allowed one of its employees to become a roided freak of nature with a brain so turned to mush from chairshots that it looked like someone suffering from Alzheimer's? A guy so emotionally distraught from losing his best friend to drug abuse that he drove himself to near insanity. And oh yeah, to top it off, he murdered his wrestler wife that he sleazily stole from his boss before using a wrestling chokehold to strangle out his possibly retarded son.

You don't have trouble with the product after that?

Guest Gym Class Fallout

I find it hard to derive entertainment from men in spandex pretending to fight in between roided-up old men yelling at projection screens when I take into consideration what this business has done.

Guest benoitwasmurdered

How anyone can't have their enjoyment affected by the WWE's horrible handling of both Benoit's death and the steroid issue I don't know.

...a roided freak of nature with a brain so turned to mush from chairshots that it looked like someone suffering from Alzheimer's? A guy so emotionally distraught from losing his best friend to drug related abuse that he drove himself to near insanity. And oh yeah, to top it off, he murdered his wrestler wife that he sleazily stole from his boss before using a wrestling chokehold to strangle out his possibly retarded son.

That actually sounds like a pretty good gimmick. Run with it.