TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
NYU

24 -- Season 7

TONIGHT!

Saw some publicity stills of Billy Walsh in his 24 get-up and I might not have even recognized him. I just tell myself he has his Medillian tattoo under there just under his Suits Suck t-shirt.

I saw the first two hours last night at a special screening, and WOW, this season was worth the long wait for. Best season premiere in many many many years for 24. I won't spoiler tag anything, but just will say the end of the first two hours is really strong.

The premiere is always strong though. Hopefully it can STAY strong, something that hasn't happened in probably, what, 3 seasons?

Considering they had a significantly longer time to tweak and change up the script for this season, I have high hopes it will be an overall much better season than the norm. That was the vibe I got out of the first two hours of this season too......it just seemed more polished and cohesive than most starts of seasons.

The episode has been very good so far, but less than two hours in and we're already back on formula:

-Jack back in the field, yet being distrusted by superiors.

-It only took an hour for the ole "Things get bad and we realize Jack's methods really work!!!"

-Traitor in CTU... err I mean the FBI

There better be a change in the formula coming or I'm going to be bored by hour 7 (and that's only because 1 to 4 are bunched in 2 nights)

I was really disappointed tonight, honestly. I loved the way it started, as well as the final ten minutes or so, but the rest of the time I was just thinking to myself that I really didn't care about any of these storylines or any of the new characters. Maybe I was just tired after watching football all day.

What used to be my favorite show has jumped the shark for me. I can't get into it any more. I think the long layoff probably had something to do with it. I didn't watch 'Redemption' (my brother taped it for me, I watched the first half hour before getting bored of it and turning it off). I figured I'd give it a shot tonight, and it really didn't work for me. The same formula, the same catch phrases, and whatnot. I was only half paying attention, admittedly, but Tony's resurrection is really dumb to me and that might be what has sent me past the point of no return.

You should give Redemption a chance. It starts slow, but the second half is entertaining.

I first watched the first six seasons on DVD, so this whole "waiting to see what happens" thing is foreign to me. Glad it's starting with basically four straight hours, but I hope it retains my interest once a week has gone by.

I actually spent more time saying, "That guy was on Stargate SG1" than anything. I was a little disappointed with the first two episodes but I think I could get into it. Just nothing much happened in these first two.

We'll see how hours three and four go, maybe they will pick up some steam. I'll watch the whole season and I can accept a slow build so we'll see.

Keep in mind that the first four hours of last season were amazing (nuclear bomb going off, Jack shooting Curtis in the fucking neck) but then it divebombed faster then anyone could have thought possible.

They have a strong story arc built here. I read in TV Guide that they have a really good explanation for Tony coming back and how he wasn't dead. This is the first season in 24 history where the entire season is written ahead of time and they just filmed it without making parts of it up as they go.

It was a strong start to the season, I thought. It's hard to introduce a ton of new characters and have you care about them right away.

There is a wrinkle to the no one believes Jack card; this time they sort of believe him but think he's absolutely crazy and are afraid that he's just going to dismember somebody (which is possible) when previously they just thought he was wrong.

I like it so far. I think it will pick up tonight when Jack gets his hands on Tony. Also when Chloe gets back in the fold.

It wasn't as amazing as the start to either of the last two seasons, but really, who was expecting that? I thought it was fine for what it was. The potential is definitely there. Unfortunately, I'm going to have to wait for tomorrow to watch the next two episodes.

The original trailer hinted that there was a mole in the FBI (OMG!), and then it panned to Rhys Coiro... the fact that some random FBI guy ended up being that particular mole was pretty surprising since I was expecting Coiro. That said, I hope we don't get any more.

While minor, was anyone else put off by the first son already allegedly killing himself? It seemed like we were dropped into a storyline out of thin air, and I really couldn't have cared less.

24: Redemption was filmed after the first however many episodes of this season.

Meaning that for the movie they went back and put that character in since I believe previously it was only supposed to be a reference to an off-screen event. If that makes sense.

These original episodes are still the ones that were supposed to air last year at this time.

I don't mind that they left out the son's suicide at all. His storyline in Redemption already set up the government conspiracy stuff, so I'm glad we didn't have to waste any time on him this season.

Considering the first hour was filmed before all of that, it's weird to consider that we would've been in the dark about the story had Redemption not aired.

I enjoyed this. Like Mik said, it's going to take some time to come around to all of the new characters both political and otherwise. Very few familiar faces but they did a good job of establishing the key players and the build. I was pretty surprised that they caught Tony right off the bat but that only makes me more curious as to what role he'll play in the season.

Oh, and agent Renee Walker is a stone-cold fox. Freckles all day.

I'm guessing Tony's dead or incarcerated no later than the 6th or 7th episode, and really doesn't serve as much more than a hook to get people into this season's larger plot. Thought last night's two hours were very dull, very by-the-numbers 24. Already hate it's-not-CTU-it's-a-real-government-agency. At least we're off the west coast for once, though.

I hate the idea that I might stop watching this show but I'm prepared to cut it off if it goes sour. The last few episodes of last season were a serious fucking chore to deal with and the typical 24 plot devices have already popped up.

- Mole in a Government agency? Check

- Presidential family drama? Check

- Jack dealing with an authority figure who doesn't totally trust him but knows his methods work? Check

- Foreign presence presenting an as-yet-unknown threat to the states? Check

I'm hoping the mole was really just that guy on the SWAT team. If that was it, no problem. If there's someone more heavily involved, then yeah, how many times have we seen this before?

I'm thinking it's the FBI boss-guy, just because he told whoever that there were 3 dead bodies from the sniper attack, even though I don't think agent-lady told him anyone but Scarface got shot.

Even last night when he was pretty damn negative?

"Yes, I was aware that Jack might be killed. So was he."

"If the Prime Minister has to die for us to stop this crisis, so be it."