TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
NYU

24 -- Season 7

Holy shit, Tony as the lead villian - that's quite a twist. I guess the delay on the season's shooting was for good reason, that's a hell of a storyline for the next year.

That eyebrow scar looks good on Tony.

The biggest thing I'm looking forward to this season is Billy Walsh from Entourage as an FBI agent. If he can bring the pseudo Vincent Gallo dickery to a Government agent role then I'm sold on this season already.

I mean, it's cool that it's Tony at all, but am I the only one who's a little bothered by the fact that Tony died on-screen in Season 5? And sure, there was a little bit of controversy over that, but considering he's been referenced as dead for the past couple seasons, it seems pretty unreasonable to do this.

With that being said, Jack vs. Tony will indeed rock.

It would have been one thing if he had died in the field.

But he died in CTU. How the fuck did they not somehow wind up knowing that he's NOT DEAD?

I think it's easily explainable.

For one, I don't really remember anyone saying he was dead. They just gave him a sheet over the face mid-episode, mid-season with no fanfare, no silent clock. I bet they always planned on bringing him back. Tony has appeared in the 2nd most episodes of 24 ever - I don't think they'd send him out like that.

Secondly, if all that happened to think he was dead was a mistake at CTU during that brief time period - when exactly did they have time to mention it to Jack? He got shipped off to China a few hours later and then while already in the middle of foiling another terrorist plot he finds out that Audrey is dead and then she's not. He's only been back in the USA for 1 day.

I'm sure it's not going to go without a good explanation, anyway, since Jack mentioned that Tony is supposed to be dead.

Tony vs Jack might actually be really cool and make up for the pile of shit that was called season six.

EDIT: I just watched the trailer and it looks pretty cool. And plus, Boddicker is in it!! Bonus points a plenty.

I just realised as well, that with Boddicker making an apperance in this season of 24, he's now the third cast member of Robocop to feature in the show. Peter Weller and Paul McCrane being the other two.

Its time to double dip!

Twentieth Century Fox Home Entertainment will be releasing a Special Edition DVD set of the TV show 24's Season One on May 20.

As someone who doesn't really watch the show, I'm not so excited about the release. What I do like is the packaging. The discs will be contained in this sharp looking metal tin.

The coolest part of the case is that it includes an actual working timer on the face. I'm not sure the reason for it -- besides being tres cool. Perhaps it's for all the Jack Bauer-heads to count down the time of the show as they watch it.

I'm sure the 24 fans are stoked for the new DVD version as it includes five extended episodes with deleted scenes, a never-before-seen alternate ending for the finale, a new documentary, and more.

This has gotta be one of the first-of-its-kind TV-on-DVD special editions, right? I mean, one with lots of bonus materials not available on the previous DVD issue. (My colleague John says the Twin Peaks: Definitive Gold Box Edition was the first. I think he's right. Regardless, that's a mighty fine case.)

This seven-disc package will retail for $59.98.

The packaging is awesome. The first day set was rushed out and is kinda bare bones so I can see this being worth it, but I dont see how they can do it with ensuing seasons since they were all pretty well packed with special features.

Season 1 was my favorite, but I'm not likely to buy it again unless MAYBE there's a Blu-ray release, and even that's just a maybe.

Funny this was bumped today though. I saw this news on IGN today. It looks like Fox will be doing a 24 TV movie this fall in place of the upcoming season.

March 5, 2008 - The wait for Jack Bauer's return won't be quite as long as expected. While 24 still won't be back with a new season until January, FOX is planning a special 24 TV-Movie to air this fall, says The Hollywood Reporter.

24 was perhaps the biggest example of the problems networks faced thanks to the recently concluded writers' strike. There had already been frequent changes to the 24: Season 7 story last summer, leading to a delay in production for the hit series. Then, when the strike began, only eight episodes had been completed. Eventually, when it became clear that it wasn't possible for a complete, uninterrupted 24-episode season to be finished before this TV season ended, FOX decided to simply wait until January 2009 to bring the show back. However, this meant the show would be off the air an incredibly lengthy 19 months – an unprecedented delay in network television.

The TV-movie seems like FOX's way of at least having some 24 content on during that long delay – a similar tactic was used by SCI FI Channel during the long wait between Battlestar Galactica seasons last fall, with the TV-Movie Razor.

The Reporter says the 24 movie will bridge the gap between Season 6 and 7. Deals are being made to sign cast members to the film. In the meantime, the writers are back at work on Season 7, which will go back into production in April. It's unclear where the movie will fit into the Season 7 production schedule.

I still love 24, so I'll be sure to watch.

This should be a great test for adapting the style of the show into a full lengthed feature, since I would assume they are still planning for a theatrical 24 film down the road too.

All the sets including Day 1 SE are on sale for $16.99 at Best Buy. The SE set has a $15 coupon off on each season up to $75 off if you buy all 5 other seasons.

Grand Total for all 6 sets is ($16.99 + ($2 x 5) )$26.99 plus tax.

you're welcome

A $16.99 pricetag is about what it would take for me to buy the steaming pile that was Season 6. I'm probably going to have to get it eventually, though.

Is it a by-mail coupon or one that can be used in store?

Before you go singing your own praises, this is turning out to be YMMV. Some managers aren't biting on the full deal.

It's in-store. The online coupon only works for one additional season.

the best buy closest to me has ripped all the coupons off the season one sets. Thats some bullshit right there.

The clerk at my Best Buy was stunned when he saw the total cost ($26.94, thank you NH for no sales tax), but didn't question it.

So all 6 seasons are only running $26???

You have to buy the SE Day 1 set for $16.99 which has a $15 coupon on it good on seasons 2-6. The coupon states as clear as day that it is good for up to $75 off Seasons 2-6, which would clearly mean to anyone with understanding of the english language that the $15 can be taken off each set, effectively making them $1.99 each.

$16.99 + $1.99 x 5 = $26.94 + tax if applicable

The main issues people are having are that the coupons have been removed or the cashiers at best buy are claiming you can't use it on all 5 sets (clearly wrong per the coupon) or that you can't use the coupon at all since its some kind of super sale or something. The coupon removal problem is easily solved by stopping somewhere prior and getting the coupon of a set somewhere else, though I bet you get a real funny look from the cashier or supervisor (and I bet they even try and claim "OUR DVD SETS DIDNT HAVE COUPONS ON THEM! FRAUD! NO SALE!!") or something even rediculously stupid since all the sets came with coupons on them. At that point Id take my money and tell them right to their face, "Circuit City's gonna get my money" and walk out.

Regular prices for the sets looked to be $40 and the SE Set is $50, which is why I was surprised they were allowing the SE to count as a Day 1 Set in the $16.99 deal. Im surprised they haven't excluded the SE Set by now since that would end the coupon controversy for most people since you have to buy the SE set to use the coupon. In that scenario it would cost about $60 for all 6 sets, which is still a deal but not nearly as good as $26.

BTW, My set I ordered for pickup on the website had the coupon on it. I was tempted to have them do the rest of the deal but I anticipate a huge flood of 24 sets on Ebay and you it wouldn't be worth all the hassle to get a few bucks back after everything is said and done.

Also, in regards to the SE set, its not worth $50 AT ALL if you already have the original release, although its a bit more palatable at $18 but I still felt a bit ripped off even at $18. The Audio/Video is exactly the same as the set that was released 6 years ago which to me is completely unacceptable, especially the audio if you care about 5.1 since this set is still 2.0 stereo whereas the following releases were all 5.1. As far as I can tell, the only commentaries are on the First episode and the Finale which is a big disapointment. The bonus stuff on the 7th disc is good, but not worth 50 bucks. OMG THE DEGREE DEODORANT ROOKIE SHORTS..ugh

Im surprised they haven't excluded the SE Set by now since that would end the coupon controversy for most people since you have to buy the SE set to use the coupon. In that scenario it would cost about $60 for all 6 sets, which is still a deal but not nearly as good as $26.

That's where Best Buy made their mistake. It's a manufacturer's coupon anyway- they'll be refunded, so I don't understand why employees are fighting.

Well, I'll go see tomorrow, cause I can stand all day and argue with them if I have to Lol.

Trailer for the prequel movie to air in November

http://b2-studios.com/cuts/FOX/24TCA_v6.html

Looks interesting. I didn't realize that both Peter MacNicol and Powers Booth were returning. Thoughts?

It looks great, probably one last hurrah for both of the aformentioned characters, and Bauer seems to be jumping into Rambo type territory for the movie.