TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Hawk 34

Chuck

NBC has picked up the back nine episodes of the sophomore dramedy, giving the beloved, but slightly ratings-challenged show a full season — and not to mention, a huge boost in confidence.

Peacock executives were impressed with Chuck's first six episodes and didn't waste any time giving the showrunners the good news.

"We couldn't be more excited with the creative direction Josh [schwartz] and his team are executing on Chuck," NBC Entertainment Executive Vice President Teri Weinberg said. "This show has really hit its stride and deserves a full-season commitment to carry out the producers' vision for this unique series."

Due to the writers' strike, Chuck was reduced to a half-season last year, and NBC brass opted to bring back the Zachary Levi-led series for the fall instead of finishing up in the spring.

Season 2 of Chuck premieres Sept. 29 — Levi's 28th birthday, fittingly — at 8 pm/ET. — Joyce Eng

tvguide.com

Wait, am I reading that right?

Season 2 is 15 episodes, and they're calling that a "full" season?

No. The original order for season 2 was 13 episodes. They have finished filming the first 6 of those 13, and they were strong enough for NBC to commit to an additional 9 episodes. 13 + 9 = 22 episodes.

Haven't heard much from everyone about the show this season, but last episode? Gold, if only for the guest stars - Ben Savage and Tony Todd? Awesomeness.

Haven't heard much from everyone about the show this season, but last episode? Gold, if only for the guest stars - Ben Savage and Tony Todd? Awesomeness.

This season has been really great so far. We are learning more about "Sarah's" background, and mysteries are unraveling. I must admit, I marked a little for seeing Corey on the show last night. If only Topanga could have made it. Love this show. Zach Levi is really endearing, might be the most likable character on TV.

This season has been really great so far. We are learning more about "Sarah's" background, and mysteries are unraveling. I must admit, I marked a little for seeing Corey on the show last night. If only Topanga could have made it. Love this show. Zach Levi is really endearing, might be the most likable character on TV.

Replace a little with a lot and that's how I reacted. Topanga isn't hot anymore. It's quite sad.

You know, Nicole Ritchie was surprisingly competent on the last episode of Chuck. I thought she was even really good in that role. And looked better than I think she usually does.

Chuck's been very enjoyable this year overall. Hopefully it sticks around for a few more years.

You know, Nicole Ritchie was surprisingly competent on the last episode of Chuck. I thought she was even really good in that role. And looked better than I think she usually does.

I will take that to mean that she looked like she's actually eaten something.

I don't like how the stuffed every single character on the show in to the opening credits. Does the Buy More manager, who's maybe in one or two scenes a week really need to be in there?

Hell yeah, gotta love that. How a UFC fighter has not come out to that I've no idea.

Didn't really mark out for Tony Hale partially because he's playing a Bob, but happy he's around for a second ep.

Yeah, but I think that they deliberately telegraphed that one, since rule #1 of Chuck is that Chuck is not allowed to have a happy lovelife, except with Morgan.

Kinda dumb. I'm willing to suspend my disbelief a bit, but they were working with someone and didn't bother to run a simple background check and see that she was in the CIA herself? And they made a point of showing her getting jealous of Chuck and Sarah going on that mission (like when she answered her phone and heard zoo noises).

But whatever, still a good show.

The highlight of that episode for me was... well, okay, either the Gravitron fight sequence because holy shit that was great, or Big Mike absolutely mowing Leader down, wow. Plus, the scene with him frolicking to the lake in his fishing gear was pure gold, this episode marks the best use of Big Mike in the series by far thusfar (which compliments Anna Wu suddenly getting a glorious moment of being a character beyond "Morgan's girlfriend" earlier this season when she beat the sports store guy up with a tripod).

For a while it seemed like, and I was hoping, that they were doing an episode without any Fulcrum or Intersect stuff. What they did still turned out great, but I thought it would've been cool to have the episode just be about the hostage situation.

I dunno, I'm glad they did that because I wasn't really feeling the sense of urgency prior to that. My one real complaint is that while Sarah killing the Fulcrum guy and lying to Chuck about it was great, they really didn't need to make it as blatantly clear that it was going to happen as they did. The Fulcrum guy practically delivered an essay foreshadowing his own death and it felt clumsily-written after a certain point.

Everything else was great, though after the utter shitkicking she gave the sports store guy earlier this season I was kind of hoping to see Anna do something more than just stand around all episode (though "Pay up, suckers!" in response to being held hostage was pretty funny). But then, that would have defeated the purpose of Morgan having his little hero moment and nobody noticing he did it.