TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
PILLS! PILLS! PILLS!

save_us_222

I would love to see Kennedy be Jericho's return feud or maybe even Umaga. As long as its not someone who's not a lower level guy or someone who's been on a crappy run lately like Carlito.

By the sounds of it, Carlito will be lucky if he still has a job by the time Jericho debuts.

I would love to see Kennedy be Jericho's return feud or maybe even Umaga. As long as its not someone who's not a lower level guy or someone who's been on a crappy run lately like Carlito.

Jericho needs someone who can spar back and forth with him on the mic, which would be a good spot for Kennedy. Umaga wouldn't be a wise opponent since they took his mouthpiece, Armando Estrada, away from him.

Santino would be another good foil only if they moved him to a managerial role. If Santino could find a monster to manage or something like that but keep doing his mic-work, his character could hit the next level. Right now, all he is doing is talking a great game but getting his ass kicked every week. If he could get paired with some bad-ass that could do the fighting for him, things would be very interesting (Basically the dynamic of every manager/monster combination in wrestling history).

I'm a little annoyed though, it says "Y2J's return". I was really hoping they'd ditch that way out of date nickname

Well, it's not like HBK is young enough still to be a Kid or Flair is anything close to being a Boy...

The difference is that while Michaels is hardly a kid and Flair is hardly a boy those names aren't literally dated. The whole Y2K bug is very passe and means nothing now, so I too wish Jericho would go back to being Lionheart.

The difference is that while Michaels is hardly a kid and Flair is hardly a boy those names aren't literally dated. The whole Y2K bug is very passe and means nothing now, so I too wish Jericho would go back to being Lionheart.

I agree......."Y2J" is definitely dated and means nothing now. It was good when he debuted because is was 1999 and the whole Y2K bug thing, as long as him being the mean of the new millenium. He should go back to "Lionheart" or even "The Human Highlight Reel"

Lionheart > Y2J > The Human Highlight Reel.

Wasn't Sabu dubbed as the human highlight reel in ECW for a short period of time?

I really am getting excited for monday night.

Jericho being "The Human Highlight Reel" makes no sense seeing how he isn't built on the flashiness of his moveset. He doesn't have a reel of memorable spots. That nickname is better suited for someone like Rey in his prime or Jeff Hardy.

I'd be down with the "Ayatollah of Rock and Roll-ah." It works and it's catchy.

he'll go back to "King of the World" just so they can job him to Triple H.

I hope Jericho got some stipulations put in to his contract this time around. I think they need him a lot more than he needs them...

They apparently gave Jericho a big money contract. That almost ensures he won't get jobbed out, since they usually feel like they have to justify a contract like that with a big push (Henry, Big Show)

I wouldn't mind Jericho being a master politician. I see no reason why we shouldn't be discussing a Jericho title run a year from now, barring injury. The amusing thing is that Jericho got his title run in 2001 due to playing a bit of backstage politics, sucking up to creative, etc.

Didn't he have those problems with HHH?

I heard he also had heat with HBK for the dumbest reason imaginable (apparently, back in his wcw days, Jericho dated the nitro girl that is now married to HBK) but I don't think it's like a major thing or anything.

I remember hearing about Jericho sucking up to the bookers in late 2001, sitting in on meetings backstage for a while, stuff like that. This was before HHH came back, mind you.

You know, that piece of info about Jericho dating Michaels' wife could be interesting. Wonder if they would consider a Flair/Savage type feud?

Going back a bit, I don't care about a new finisher so long as he comes back with some new catchphrases or insults. I don't think the word 'Assclown' was funny at any point during the 5 or so years (it seemed a lot longer) that he used it. His heel run at the end of his last WWE tenure, he was great. But every face run before then was just the same old Jericho, same old material.

A lot to hope for I know, but hopefully they just let him be himself, or at least as much as WWE will allow nowadays. Last I saw of him was that YouTube clip where he was 'interviewing' Delirious at some indy show, he was great there. But that was without the infamous run-sheet, so...

I'm not sure if he'll ever top his Feud with Dean Malenko, in my eyes that was the perfectly written and executed Feud.

So true, although I hold a soft spot for Jericho collecting and then wearing trophies from fallen challengers like Juvi's mask, Iokea's lava lava, etc.

I'm not sure if he'll ever top his Feud with Dean Malenko, in my eyes that was the perfectly written and executed Feud.

I still say that WCW fucked that feud after Malenko won the Cruiserweight belt and handed it over just to get another match. Stupid, frustrating booking.