TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
treble

30 Rock

Since there doesn't usually seem to be enough traffic for these shows on their own (except for maybe Scrubs).

'Are any of you Scout Masters?' was the highlight of Earl.

And there were months between posts in there sometimes. I also know that we had more than one 30 Rock thread, because the original got buried on the third or fourth page of the folder.

If you guys think there's enough traffic for each show to have their own thread, fine, I just thought it would be easier to keep one thread so they don't all fall off the first page.

Guest Gym Class Fallout

I think we should just have one thread for the entity that is "NBC Thursday."

The Office threads took a life of their own... almost to the point I think it would work better as an OFfice Season 4 Thread (plus other shows that night) or some such. I seem to recall a lot of Season 1 Earl comments being made in the Office S2 thread.

Really though, not a fan of dilluting the S4 thread for The Office. The rest of the shows didn't get enoguh traffic on their own though, so I like this thread (like the Sunday Night Fox thread).

Guest Gym Class Fallout

stupid bump

Pretty good episode of My Name Is Earl tonight.

Holy shit, Kelly cracks me up.

"We have a date!"

Was it just me or was 30 Rock sort of ho-hum tonight? There wasn't anything outside Liz in her wedding dress, and Tracy asking if a Korean person had died that really made me laugh out loud. Well MILF Island was pretty funny as well, but other than that nothing special.

I'm not sure if I like Randy as a prison guard all that much, but I did like that he was proud of his 55 percents and his cholesterol test being off the charts.

And 30 Rock is what it usually is; a few good jokes, Alec Baldwin being Alec Baldwin, and the blonde girl from Ally McBeal wasting time.

I missed Earl because I was working until 8 and fell asleep before the 11pm west coast feed airing. Yesterday was also the first time I watched a full episode of 30 Rock... I GUESS I'll watch it again for the sake of nothing else being on between Earl and The Office (falling right into that damn network trap) but based on that episode, it seems the show would be so much better if it were about Alec Baldwin and not Tina Fey's character's relationship and woman issues I'm not interested in. The line "tell her to lose 30 lbs or gain 60, there's no place in TV for anything inbetween" got a good laugh from me as did Jerry turning his head slightly to look right into the camera to say the date Bee Movie was coming out.

Chris Parnell's "Dr. Leo Spaceman" ("Spah-Sem-In") character on 30 Rock was great.

"You Do The Meth!"

"Dr. Spaceman was my father. Please, call me Leo"

*points to wall of celebrity clients he sent to a clinic including Alf and the Unabomber*

I thought Earl was really good tonight. Much better than 30 Rock (which is usually the opposite of what I think).

"Check out the vagina on Al Roker".

Good first few episodes of Earl. I've been really digging Ben Foster's work as of late, so any thing with him in it I'll be into. I kinda go back and forth on the Earl Backstory episodes, though. I firmly believe that after the next time they delve into what happened in Earl's past, My Name Is Earl will officially be worse than Lost on major characters inexplicably crossing paths in the past.

Guest Gym Class Fallout

So this is our My Name Is Earl annual foray into surrealism. I liked H.R. Pufnstuf, Crimefighter.

Guest Gym Class Fallout

The cartoon thing was a little weak. Was that Smigel's work? Maybe I just don't like Joy.

This Catalina one is pretty good.

I have one question- How much acid was dropped in the "Earl" writers room for this episode?

Guest Gym Class Fallout

This was bundles of fun, but clearly, the prison thing can only go so far without distractions like this.