TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
treble

30 Rock

Am I the only one that still watches 30 Rock?

I thought chocolate, chocolate, chocolate AACCKK was the funniest lines of Thursday night. It came out of left field and the delivery/facials in the flashback were just awesomely funny.

Earl Line O the Night

"That would be like Peanut Butter trying to kill Jelly. Peanut Butter wouldnt try to kill Jelly. They're in the same sandwich" - Randy

rather amusing episode

That was great. I also loved hen Joy called Randy a genius, and he says that he doesn't like being called stupid, but it makes it more special when someone says something like that. And Joy goes on to say something like "see it's good when I call people stupid" or something like that. I don't remember the lines exactly, but the scene was funny.

I've started watching the rest of the Thursday lineup (not just Office and Scrubs)

I still don't get Earl at all. I never even chuckle at it. I don't know if I'm long for watching it.

30 Rock is finally growing on me a little.

Has Earl been any good? I got so disinterested in watching it while he was in prison that I stopped watching and now I have no idea what's going on. He's still doing the list, right?

Yeah, I've given up on Earl for now. The first season was really good, and so were parts of the 2nd, but they lost me when almost every episode was a flashback. I understand that they had to do it when Jamie Pressly was pregnant, but it seems like the writers got lazy over the last season or so.

Whilst it may have taken a slight turn for the worse as of late with the prison and coma stuff, I've still very much been enjoying it. Earl is out of the coma now so things should get back on track hopefully.

Guest College Party

30 Rock was pretty good tonight. For some reason, I really enjoy Tina Fey portraying herself as a slovenly loaf. She's really good at being funny. I felt so bad for her when all the ogres that hang out on the Huffington Post ripped her to shreds for taking a jab at The Daily Show. Most of them thought she still wrote for SNL.

That episode of 30 Rock was great.

"A drinking party? What am I, 12 and at my boyfriend's frat party?"

"Wrong again, it was for TWO undescended testicles!"

"You used ghostbusters for evil!"

"You're choosing the sandwich over the guy? That's less cliche"

"I can do it!" (stuffing her mouth full of sandwich) "I can have it all!"

That was excellent stuff. Tina Fey just kills me with her geeky slovenly character.

Does anyone here still watch Earl?

And 30 Rock is back tonight, starting what seems to be an endless march of guest stars. I think Oprah's next week!

I do, though it's odd because last season was so odd and now they're suddenly back to doing things the normal way as if last year never happened.

Does anyone watch Kath and Kim? I don't but Selma Blair looks hot in the ads.

They basically admitted that last season was a disaster for Earl, so they're going back to the old format.

I'll watch 30 Rock tonight, but I still don't like it

I do, though it's odd because last season was so odd and now they're suddenly back to doing things the normal way as if last year never happened.

Does anyone watch Kath and Kim? I don't but Selma Blair looks hot in the ads.

I watch it, pretty much because of its timeslot. It'll have a few funny lines an episode, and I've always thought John Michael Higgins was hilarious, but it's mostly pretty bad.

Selma Blair is hot, though.

Kath and Kim has a few funny lines a show (mostly between Selma Blair and the actor playing her husband) but it's pretty much crap.

and I'll repeat what others have said, Selma Blair is incredibly hot

I'm still trying to figure out the timeline of bob ranting about Tina's early [way to underline that one for me, Firefox] exit from a Miss Smartmarks contest and how it was total bullshit to hating everything ounce of being in her fine womanly form.

I'm still trying to figure out the timeline of bob ranting about Tina's ealry [sic] exit from a Miss Smartmarks contest and how it was total bullshit to hating everything ounce of being in her fine womanly form.

It started in 2004 after Mean Girls, when Tina killed Update and turned SNL into something terrible. Ever since then, I really haven't liked her.

I did like the first half of season 1 of 30 Rock (which no one liked) but when the show became nothing but cameos and wackiness, I lost interest. And Jane Krakowski is terrible.

add me to the list of people who think 30 Rock is a tad overrated.

as Bob said, Jane Krakowski is awful and her presence kind of kills the show for me

Larry Sanders smokes it in every way possible as far as a "behind the scenes" type show

Tonight I am Kenneth the Page because I too frickin' loved 'Night Court', so this is really sweet.