TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Ace309

GENESIS

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

The Smartmarks Wrestling Federation presents...
SWF GENESIS VIII!
Live, Wednesday, October 10th, from the University of Phoenix Stadium in Phoenix, Arizona!!
(7pm PST, 10pm EST; check local listings)
(Send all promos/marked matches to chirs3)

glendale_cardinals2.jpg

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

MAIN EVENT - SWF WORLD HEAVYWEIGHT CHAMPIONSHIP
Johnny Dangerous © vs. Toxxic

--> ‘What Goes Around, Comes Around’.

Three years have gone around since Toxxic, the rookie phenom, leader of Revolution Zero and already a former World Champion challenged reigning World Champion Johnny Dangerous, just breaking out from tag team competition where he and Wildchild had become synonymous with great tag wrestling. On that occasion, Genesis V in the Rose Bowl, Toxxic pulled out the victory, got his revenge on the man who ended his first reign and walked away with the greatest prize in professional wrestling, the SWF World Title.

Fast-forward three years. Toxxic is again the leader of a revamped Revolution Zero, is now a four-time former World Champion and as one of the most successful wrestlers in the federation’s history is once more challenging reigning World Champion Johnny Dangerous at Genesis. Johnny’s stamped his authority on tag wrestling even more, being one-half of the most prolific tag team champions of all time, but despite his two previous World Titles he has yet to solidify his position in the main event with a lengthy run with the belt. It all comes down to this. Either Johnny stops Toxxic, makes a stand against the rampant Rev-0, proves he belongs at the top of the card and gets revenge on the man who recently took his Tag Title, or Toxxic goes on to make history and become the first five-time SWF World Champion. Either way, the SWF will have a strong champion at the helm as it enters a new chapter of its storied history.

But will that champion be English… or American?

Rules: Standard singles.
Send to: Ace309

-=-=-=-

SINGLES MATCH
Landon Maddix © vs. Tom Flesher

--> Tom Flesher’s contribution to the SWF cannot be underestimated. Two-time World Champion, twice in charge of programming, holder of more belts and awards than he can ever really know what to do with, and quite simply the best technical wrestler ever to set foot through the door. Add to that an ability to rile even the most tepid of crowds, a tendency to slap people around and, when all else fails, drop them on their heads while taking ludicrous amounts of punishment himself and you have the makings of one of the SWF’s true legends. Plus, he has Allison Onita hanging around.

However, perhaps leadership does not suit Tom as well as might be imagined. Under his watch the SWF has lost its lucrative TV deal. From Genesis VIII onwards, Storm is no more and the SWF will find itself adrift, left to survive on live shows and Pay-Per-View… if we can get it. One man has stepped up and announced himself unhappy with Tom’s leadership and the Superior One has decided to put him in his place, with the office of Commissioner on the line. But this is Landon Maddix, the man who (as he happily tells the world) retired Tom at Genesis V; can Landon do it again and send Tom packing once more, or will Flesher put a stop to the rot of Genesis V, VI and VIII to stamp his authority on the company and show that he still has something to bring to the table?
Rules: Standard singles.
Send to: chirs3

-=-=-=-

SWF CRUISERWEIGHT CHAMPIONSHIP MATCH
The Fabulous Jakey © vs. Wildchild

--> With his partner gunning for the World Championship, the wilder half of Wild and Dangerous has decided to cash in his rematch for the Cruiserweight Championship against the Fabulous Jakey!
Rules: Standard, with Cruiser addenda.
Send to: realitycheck

-=-=-=-

DAMNATION IN A BOX
"Hollywood" Spike Jenkins © vs. Dace Night

--> Oh, me.

Back in the SJL, these two had some wars. Since those days Dace joined and then led the Unholy Trinity, won the SWF ICTV and Tag Titles, got dropped on his head by a giant Maori and came close to winning the World Title on a couple of occasions. Spike, meanwhile, joined Revolution Zero, became straight-edge and then the (at the time) longest-reigning Cruiserweight Champion of all time, as well as a couple of Tag Title runs and his own shots at the World Title. He’s had some notable rivalries with people like Toxxic and Zyon, and has undergone a couple of self-imposed makeovers as he sought to improve himself.

Dace hasn’t been seen in the SWF since the beginning of 2005. Spike’s been coming and going for a while, without being able to get that much momentum behind him. His recent failure to capture the World Title from Alan Clark looked to be about it…

…but you can never run from your roots. For their own reasons, reasons that we don’t know and quite frankly, don’t need to know, Dace 'Fucking' Night and ‘Hollywood’ Spike Jenkins are back in the match that made their names. D@mnation In A Box is back, and this time it’s on the SWF’s biggest show of the year.

Hold me.
Rules: Spike and Dace know the rules. Everyone else just needs to know to stay the hell out of that cell.

-=-=-=-

SINGLES MATCH
Chris Raynor vs. Austin Sly

--> Revolution Zero doesn't like Chris Raynor, not even a little bit. Raynor, meanwhile, just wants to be part of the fed again. What happens when you take Raynor, whose heart and bad neck make for a nervous audience every week, and put him up against Sly just as he's hitting his stride?
Rules:

-=-=-=-

MATCH OF MATCHING
"The Dean of Wrestling" Jay Hawk vs. Jimmy the Doom

-->
Rules: Standard.
Send to: realitycheck

-=-=-=-

SWF NEW BLOOD CHAMPIONSHIP MATCH
Fulminatus © vs. Luke-o vs. Michael Alexander

--> Luke-o's impressive debut run continued last Storm, and now that Genesis is upon us, the time may be right to crown a new New Blood Champion - that is, if Fulminatus doesn't mind. And I'm pretty sure he will. And the third wheel of this match is one of the most impressive guys to come down the pike in a while - Michael Alexander, who lost his initial bid for the New Blood title to the current holder, Fulminatus!
Rules:

-=-=-=-

HARDCORE FOUR-WAY
Leon Sharpe vs. Akira Kaibatsu vs. MANSON vs. Insane Luchador

-->
Rules: Elimination-style. Otherwise, none.

-=-=-=-

OPENING CONTEST
Arch Griffon vs. Jesse James Sanders

-->
Rules: Standard.
Send to: Sly

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

I intentionally pushed the show back a week. I'm expecting big things from all of you, and I delayed things by taking too long to book the card, so I figured an extra few days would help get everyone back into contention.

Good luck! Edited by chirs3

Muzz - this should hopefully not be the last ever show.

MANSON - I believe you are right on the 'O Fortuna' front, and I move to continue this tradition.

So yes. I've been tempted out of my hole to shed some blood, all good fun. Hopefully this will be so good stuff people. I do miss the fun.

Also... Oct 9th is Tuesday. So is the Tues 9th or Wed 10th?

Yes, and I even remembered to send my matches in. Since it's Genesis, I actually even read them!

For those of you who missed the memo, this is how I roll, with no roll ups. Those are autojobs.

Finishers out of nowhere? Autojob.

Head drop, followed by no selling long enough to lariat somebody and then selling? Autojob.

Mat work that you think looks cool to start a match and then goes nowhere? Autojob.

Unnecessarily retarded flipflopery? Autojob.

Chairshots, ref-bumps and Dusty finishes? Autojob.

Spike Jenkins? Autojob.

Failure to display an appropriate reverence and military-like command of the English language? Autojob.

Basically anything I see or deem to be unworthy of my considerably important time? Autojob. Compliance is not optional. That will result in an autojob. Further complainers will be autojobbed again, and then booked in a match against Ebony. What, you don't think I can still make that happen? You underestimate my power.

-Z

Flesher falls down on the head-drop no-sell and the removal from the mods list, and I think it's fair to say that if Flesher is being autojobbed we're all up shit creek.

(not because he's being autojobbed to Landon on this occasion, just the notion of him being autojobbed in general)

Unnecessarily retarded flipflopery? Autojob.

Define "unnecessary."

Baby, you knows I gots love for you. But I gotta lay down the law.

Seriously, WC, I'm not sure I've ever jobbed you to anybody. I think I even gave you a win over Ejiro...

-Z

Sign in to follow this