TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Hunter's Torn Quad

Rashad Evans versus Michael Bisping to headline UFC 78

No fucking way Hughes gives up the chance to avenge his ass-kicking at the hands of GSP. And no fucking way would Dana let Hughes throw away a huge buyrate in the form of a rematch.

And when lately has he been 'vocal' about moving up to MW? The last time I checked was about a year ago after Anderson crushed Franklin's face and even then Hughes didn't really go in-depth about it.

Anderson Silva Vs. Matt Hughes would be arguably just as a big of a buyrate as GSP/Hughes III would because of 2 factors:

- Matt Hughes moving to a new divison fighting against the champion, will always draw the attention of the casual MMA fan.

- Anderson Silva is becoming a draw for the UFC. Whats not to like about him? He is humble, always looks to finish fights, and puts on a show for the fans.

As much as I am intrigued to see Matt Hughes fight GSP in Canada, I won't be shocked if this happens. Matt Hughes has Randy Couture status with the UFC, if he feels like moving up to MW he will get a shot right away, just because of his name value and what he has accomplished in the UFC.

I can't remember the excat interview I read but I do remember him saying he would be interested in fighting Anderson Silva, if he gets by Rich Franklin at UFC 77, and if he beats Serra in December. Although it isn't really the most reliable source of information, on Matt Hughes wikipedia page it says the same shit. Look for yourself.

It's wikipedia. Guess what? I just went on there and said that Fedor is coming to the UFC, that don't make it so.

And you're on the rock if you think Hughes would beat Serra and vacate the belt.

And you're on the rock if you think Hughes would beat Serra and vacate the belt.

If he gets an immediate title shot at MW against Anderson Silva, no way. Stop trying to be a smart ass, becoming a 2 divison champion would build up Matt Hughes legacy even more then it already is. It could be huge for Hughes, and it really didn't much damage to his legacy if he losses to Silva. You're on the rock if you don't think this could happen.

It could happen.........when Hughes isn't a champ.

Question: When was the last time a UFC fighter won a belt and then vacated it to move up in weight?

Answer: Never. There's a reason why it's never happened and there's a reason why it never will, though I don't expect you to be able to grasp that concept.

The two biggest fights in the WW division have yet to happen: Hughes vs GSP III and Hughes vs Penn III. Matt's payday for both of those fights would be bigger then anything he'd get to move up and be slaughtered at the hands of Anderson Silva.

So due to Visa issues it appears that Lombard is off the card with Ryo Chonan getting the call to fill in his place on the main card against Karo. His replacement against Alves?

Chris Lytle. Dope fight, methinks.

the more I think about the main event the more I hate it AS a main event. Rashad has victories over Bonnar and Jason Lambert, sure, impressive, but I dunno if that main events him against someone who's yet to beat anyone impressive in the UFC. Rashad is coming off getting a lucky non-loss from Tito and Michael is coming up an ugly hometown "win" against Matt. This doesn't look like a main event on a show you're supposed to pay for

dunno about the rest of the card yet. I'm kinda done seeing Ed Herman. Thieago vs Houston looks good as does Fisher vs Edgar.

I wish they would think of something with the 155 title. The division is too stacked for nothing to be happening

I don't know if Dana's just toying with non title fight shows and seeing how they draw or not. I don't need a title match to justify buying a show, but I think I need better than this headliner

Well, Reshad vs. Bisping is one of the bigger "name" fights you can get in a post-TUF world. The sell of "TUF 2 champion vs. TUF 3 champion" is a good one. Not a half-a-million-buys good one, but it's not the worst thing they could have done with the options they have.

What they really need is for Bisping to run his mouth a lot and sell a rivalry.

It's reaching, but UFC 67 wasn't a title fight, and neither was 70.

UFC 40 was the only non title fight show where the main event was one you wanted to see really bad with Tito and Ken I

I'm looking forward to this show more than 72 and 76. I'd honestly prefer a Rashad/Bisping main vs. a Chuck/Jardine main, although that turned out to be a great fight.

Also Edgar vs. Fisher, Chonan vs. Karo, and a chance for Houston Alexander getting another chance to make a name for himself.

Also, there is a truckload of undercard fights I want to see... Joe Lauzon, Ed Herman vs. David Terrell and of course The Barn Cat stomping the hell out of Gono (I hope).

Yeah - I'm really looking forward to this card.

Well, Reshad vs. Bisping is one of the bigger "name" fights you can get in a post-TUF world. The sell of "TUF 2 champion vs. TUF 3 champion" is a good one. Not a half-a-million-buys good one, but it's not the worst thing they could have done with the options they have.

I think Rashad/Tito II would've been a bigger draw, but I suppose it's hard to train when you're selling crap on the street for Trump...

It's reaching, but UFC 67 wasn't a title fight, and neither was 70.

UFC 40 was the only non title fight show where the main event was one you wanted to see really bad with Tito and Ken I

Tito/Ken I was a title shot. It was hilarious seeing Chuck ask for a title shot "it doesn't matter who wins, Tito or Ken", as if Ken had a prayer.

right...because they can't find someone more deserving. Forrest should have been the first TUFer to get a title shot. Or Jardine, they've at least beat people that matter

Least you get to see a live execution on PPV.

right...because they can't find someone more deserving. Forrest should have been the first TUFer to get a title shot. Or Jardine, they've at least beat people that matter

Instead, the first TUFer to get a title shot... Nate Quarry!

Least you get to see a live execution on PPV.

Rashad Evans has beaten people that matter including Jason Lambert(who is a top 15 LHW in the world at the very least, very underrated), Stephon Bonnar, and Keith Jardine himself(even though it doesn't count on his record), so please stop speaking out of your ass.

I'll agree that Jardine and Griffin are more deserving because of their recent victories.

and Bisping's last fight proves he deserves a #1 spot? C'mon, he was gifted a fight in his hometown against someone that clearly won the fight.

If he notes how he will "destroy Evans much the same he did to the golden boy Matt Hammil", that might get him enough heat to have people order in the hopes to see him get his asshole penetrated.

This really shouldn't be a #1 contender match.

One Tito fence grab and three fair judges different and we're looking at two fighers coming off losses.

With that said, I'm excited for it. I have to give the edge to Rashad because Bisping has been one giant disappointment, IMO, since TUF3 ended.

This really shouldn't be a #1 contender match.

One Tito fence grab and three fair judges different and we're looking at two fighers coming off losses.

Don't give me that bullshit. Tito Ortiz/Rashad Evans was a fair call bottom line, no bad judging was involved.

And if Tito didn't grab the fence who knows how that round would've went, because he was in the midst of being taken down.

Oh. Sorry.

I meant without the fence grab Tito would have won by 1 point.

And bad judging for Bisping.

Sorry for the confusion.