TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Hunter's Torn Quad

Rashad Evans versus Michael Bisping to headline UFC 78

Oh. Sorry.

I meant without the fence grab Tito would have won by 1 point.

Still doesn't change the original point I made in the previous post...

Who would've known if Tito would've won Round 1 had he not grabbed the fence. Rashad was in the midst of taking him down, which would've score points and might've changed the pace of the fight.

Either way, Rashad fought pretty stupid in the 1st fight. There is no doubt in my mind he would fight a much better fight in the rematch and win more clearly. There were a lot of mistakes I've seen him make in that fight, like going for a double leg takedown when Tito's legs were very far apart and not letting his hands go a lot more. I mean if he let his hands go, Tito's just going to stand there and not do anything really like he always does usually when punches are thrown at him.

The way I saw the fight, Tito saved himself from losing the round, and more likely the fight by grabbing the fence.

Just like Rashad was saved by the bell when Tito had him in the guillotine, right?

That's what made the round 9-9. I would've perfered to see a Ortiz/Evans rematch over this fight, but Ortiz perfers to go on reality shows with Donald Trump than fight.

Just like Rashad was saved by the bell when Tito had him in the guillotine, right?

That's what made the round 9-9. I would've perfered to see a Ortiz/Evans rematch over this fight, but Ortiz perfers to go on reality shows with Donald Trump than fight.

Yeah, I still don't really understand why a Celebrity Apprentice other than to stroke Trump's ego. Does Trump even know who Tito Ortiz is?

'"Punishment Athletics"? Sounds like a bad name - it'll never work...'

I have seen nothing out of that guy. He came in, got a fluke win on Lindland and got schooled by Tanner. Beat a tomato can later on and never has been seen again. How can he be a title contender? I guess the Middleweight division is that bad other than the top guy who may be the best in the organization. I really wanted to see something from Terrell. Your luck can't be that bad. It just can't.

Terrell is ALWAYS injured. Good lord. As ssomeone said earlier, besides that fluke ko win over Lindland the guy hasn't done shit. Dana should just cut that dead weight and focus on the more reliable more proven middleweights.

reading the show, may find some fights online tomorrow.

I really hope this ppv does bad numbers, let Dana know he can't put so-so cards together and ask $40. Bisping vs Rashad is not a main event fight

Another horrible event.

Yikes, stem the flow here. While this wasn't exactly a raging success I wouldn't call it bad. We saw a KO, two sweet subs and (IMO) a good main event. Edgar/Fisher wasn't bad but it was very "Lather, Rinse, Repeat" but people will give most of the blame to Edgar while Fisher deserves fault (or credit) for having a very active botttom game. Karo mailed in the worst performance of his career and while Chonan isn't a slouch there was never a chance in the fight of him getting the win.

I thought Ed/Dirte was good especially with the triangle at the end of round two as if there'd have been 10 more seconds in the round Ed would've been done. I personally enjoyed seeing "the questions" about Houston get answered as beating Jardine and Sakara were overrated to begin with. The main event performances on the part of both men were solid, Bisping's more so then Rashad's. Seeing how badly Rashad gassed in this fight I'd be confident in saying that if he were to face somebody at 205 that could neutralize his takedowns and stand with him to the point where Bisping did they'd beat him. Lauzon's choke was crazy awesome. Gono's tights were hotsex and the armbar was gully.

Christ, sometimes MMA fans gets spoiled.

It wasn't bad, I don't think any fights were outright boring, but it wasn't all that exciting. In the middle show. I am pissed they didn't show more prelims and structure their time better. There were no title fights, so it's unacceptable to 15 minute fights take up over 30 minutes of tv time.

And Frankie Edger. Prospect turned Condender. Big win, sweet wrestling.

I actually had this edit in a minute after my previous post:

edit: But I bet Lord of The Curry will come in and call it a "solid" event.

And I decided against it because I honestly thought you wouldn't even be able to defend this ppv, but here you are calling me spoiled. UFC 77 (excluding the main event) was a crappy event but UFC 78 was just pure shit.

Well, I will say that Karo/Chonan was as close to pure shit as you're going to see.

I didn't think it was awful. The only people who impressed me were Edgar, Lauzon, Thiago, and that's about it. Rashad looked like my dog after a three mile hike mid-second round and Bisping is the opposite of aggressive in all of his fights, which makes for a frustrating fight to watch. It wasn't bad, just frustrating.

Houston Alexander was completely exposed, which is a shame because he was well on his way to being a marquee fighter. He got probably the biggest ovation of the night and had people chanting his name, but he's pretty one dimensional and can't be a high level fighter.

And from all account, Tamdan whooped on Gono for the first round but got caught with a cross in the second which lead to that weird (and pretty cool) armbar.

Apparently Lytle/Alves was pretty dope but we didn't get to see it.

I don't agree with AD, but I couldn't argue it was a good card either.