TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
AndrewTS

Ghostbusters

New info and gameplay details:

http://www.variety.com/article/VR111797601...d=1009&cs=1

"World Exclusive" feature coming up in the next issue of that POS-shill-mag-Gamestop-gives-away-with-their-discount-card:

gi_gscov_nwf_ak.jpg

Since everything known so far seems to make the game look out to be a pretty shameless cop on Gears of War, it may be just an ok title with familiar gameplay, but lots of money is being poured into it.

Kind of off-topic, but: Has Game Informer always been a corporate shill mag? I remember I had a really old GI issue from late '91 or early '92, which featured reviews of Genesis titles like Galaxy Force II & Jewel Master by such notable luminaries as Andy the Game Dandy and Marian the Game Master (I think those were their names, fuck if I know) and it was filled with ads for Gamestop competitor-turned-acquisition Funcoland. So I guess Game Informer was Funco's official magazine?

OK, sorry Andrew, if I allow this topic to veer off track in its second post it could never get back on. So, Ghostbusters! I sure hope it's better than the Genesis game with the big heads! And how about Activision's game based on the first movie? That sure was a strange one, wasn't it?

The AVGN's Ghostbuster videos are awesome, btw. Heh, "Gorza".

Ghostbusting with a Wii mote should be pretty fun, stripped down or not.

On the topic of GI, I had a brief subscription with them because Funcoland gave it to me for trading in games in like, 1994 or 95. I had never heard of them previously or realized they still existed in magazine format today. I remember in 1999 their website seemed like a big deal with the WrestleMania 2000 countdown.

From the article and screenshots I gather that it takes place shortly after GhostBusters II, when New York is sucked into a time portal and they have to do all the shit from the first Ghostbusters again.

I don't even care if it's horrible. I'm getting it. I liked the original NES game, I loved the Genesis game (yes, with the big heads and all), it's my favorite movie ever, I used to read a lot of the fanfic at GB.net...must-have...**SPLOOGE**

I forgot about the arcade game. It's amazing in its difficulty, since you can't really get anywhere in it.

The NES game was...horrible. You had to look for assignments, and then get underneath the ghosts (floating white blocks with black eyes and mouths) and tap a button to initiate the beam. If it caught the ghost, you had to keep tapping the button to drag it in and then try to move over the trap. For an old NES game it wasn't that bad, but there much better NES games (as if that needs to be said).

I hope this is a lot like Ghosthunter in the sense that you have to wear down the ghosts before you can trap them. It'd be awesome if there was a co-op mode, too, because I know that's a game my girlfriend would actually WANT to play with me.

I actually hold out small hope that could lead to a Ghosthunter sequel. Fun, not to mention funny, game, though flawed as all hell.

Give me a sequel with recharging shield and a more polished gameplay engine, and you could really have something there.

A headline on Yahoo! gave me a bit of a scare saying a key cast member refused to be in the game. I was worried Bill had backed out but it just turned out to be Rick Moranis not wanting to come out of retirement.

yeah I saw that earlier and that coupled with the fact that I recently watched a few movies that had Rick Moranis in them made me realize how much I miss that little guy.

Can't say I disagree with him. He's a funny little nerdy guy, but family should always come first. It's a shame, though, because I can guarantee his kids would love to play a video game where their dad is a major character.

Didn't he do those Brother Bear movies a few years ago? I think he works from time to time

Yeah, he did the Brother Bear movie along with the straight to DVD sequel. Including those he's been in 5 projects since the last "Honey, I..." movie in 1997. The 2 Brother Bears, Rudolph and the Island of Misfit Toys, an Animated Version of the McKenzie Brothers and a Miss Spider's Sunny Patch Kids kids show episode.

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0001548/

Guest Vitamin X
Didn't he do those Brother Bear movies a few years ago? I think he works from time to time

Yeah, he did the Brother Bear movie along with the straight to DVD sequel. Including those he's been in 5 projects since the last "Honey, I..." movie in 1997. The 2 Brother Bears, Rudolph and the Island of Misfit Toys, an Animated Version of the McKenzie Brothers and a Miss Spider's Sunny Patch Kids kids show episode.

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0001548/

Yeah that's voice work though, so if you know anything about the industry trust me, it's BARELY any fucking work at all (but good money, so..)..