TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
AndrewTS

Ghostbusters

Just managed to watch the trailer, I can't wait!!!!!!! I WANT CHRISTMAS NOW!!!!! ARGH!!!!

There's an E3 developers walk through after this video on Gametrailers. Its 3 parts and has plenty of ingame footage rolling too. I really can't wait :(

Did a game company pick it up? Last I heard it was still in limbo.

Sierra I believe, though I better check as I thought they were part of the Activision/Blizzard bastard child thing.

EDIT: Just had a check, the website still has Sierra all over it. The Sierra website still has it listed, and Sierra are still part of Blizzard/Activision. Hmm. Odd. Various retailers have the same release date for October too. Wonder if this is go ahead or people have just plain forgot about this.

Its from wiki so take it for what its worth:

On July 28, 2008 Activision Blizzard (the publisher of Vivendi's and Sierra's titles) announced that only five franchises would be released through Activision. Ghostbusters was not one of them and was put in developmental limbo following the announcement. The Sierra PR team later confirmed that the game was not and would not be cancelled.[8] The game is listed on the Activision website to release October 31, 2008.

It looks absolutely fantastic, but I have had high hopes for movie-based games that look very pretty before, only to be dissapointed when I actually got around to playing them.

Lets hope this game sets the bar for the way movie-based games are done.

Actually the Ghostbusters looked a little bit awkward in their movements in that trailer. Overall it doesn't look bad, maybe need a little more polish. But if the game play is solid and the sound is solid then I won't mind at all about the awkward looking design.

Pushed back to June? Damn. It was January.

BUMP!

New screens for the Wii from Offical Nintendo Magazine:

Atari has released the very first screenshots of Ghostbusters on Wii, revealing a cartoon art style that differs from the more 'realistic' visuals on other consoles.

Set two years after Ghostbusters II, the game has an all-new storyline penned by original Ghostbusters writers Harold Ramis and Dan Aykroyd. Bill Murray, Dan Aykroyd, Harold Ramis and Ernie Hudson will lend their voices, although we can't see Dr Peter Venkman (Murray's character) in these new screens.

Instead the main star seems to be a blonde character, the new recruit to the Ghostbusters team who you'll be playing as in this new adventure that sees you chasing and catching ghosts in New York.

Although it looks different from the Xbox and PS3 versions, we're looking forward to sucking up ghosts with the Wii Remote when Ghostbusters in released next year.

screenshot_14064.jpg

screenshot_14063.jpg

screenshot_14061.jpg

screenshot_14062.jpg

screenshot_14060.jpg

Compared to the PS3 version:

ghostbusters1-772997.jpg

Meh, as long as the game is good. Force Unleased didn't have the graphics but it didn't hinder it's gameplay.

Although ONM forum poster had this to say:

i aint afraid of no ghost

but im afraid this looks crap

EDIT: And I've just found some gameplay footage -

http://kotaku.com/5242106/sony-now-publish...ases-threatened

Sony's made a deal whereby they'll be publishing the Ghostbusters game on Sony platforms. The PS3 & PS2 versions will be coming out the same day as the first movie on Blu-Ray--June 19.

It's possible other versions are being pushed to later in the year, with Atari still publishing.

Well, I've managed to snag a pre-order of the Ghostbusters game for PS3 from NewEgg.com, and it's coming to my house in the mail right after it's released into the stores.

"Come on, let's run some red lights!"