TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Mik

Microsoft Coffee Table computer

Guest RyechnaiaSobaka

Microsoft Surface is totally cool.

If Apple came out with it, it would be world-changing.

But because it's a Microsoft product, people make fun of it and call it "a big fucking table," as the famous YouTube video says.

Guest Smues
But because it's a Microsoft product, people make fun of it and call it "a big fucking table," as the famous YouTube video says.

God damn your timing could not have been worse. Fucker.

Guest RyechnaiaSobaka
How many people want to sit at a table to do their computing? People dont even sit at tables to eat anymore.

Because they sit at their computers!

(For proof, turn your keyboard upside down and shake it.)

How many people want to sit at a table to do their computing? People dont even sit at tables to eat anymore.

Not everyone sits at a computer though. Some people have their computers sitting on them (laptop).

I would rather they improve laptops and such than to go working on something that takes computers back 40 years when it comes to their size.

Guest RyechnaiaSobaka

Not everyone sits at a computer though. Some people have their computers sitting on them (laptop).

I would rather they improve laptops and such than to go working on something that takes computers back 40 years when it comes to their size.

I guess. Bill Gates talked about Surface before at some conference, and the real purpose of this technology is for conferencing and collaboration in the workplace. HP has a system like it already, or so Gates said, but it's really expensive. Microsoft is making it more affordable (and better) with Surface. They're just showing the "social" applications of it, I guess, to make it seem cooler when actually Microsoft seems to intend for it to be a business thing instead.

Guest Tzar Lysergic

That's absolutely amazing. I'd like to have a whole wall of that shit, since I pace around a lot when I'm doing something.

Yeah it needs to be inclined somehow (... which would make it essentially a monitor). It's cool as hell, but i can't imagine actually using it regularly if i have to lean over it.

the thing that really awesome was when the guy flicked the picture "into" his phone (or pda whatever that was) - presumably loading it up. Having just spent too much time getting my crap into iTunes and syncing to my iPod, that was just amazing to see. Multi-touch is awesome, it's a shame its not more widespread yet.

I'm curious if you were to upload a bunch of pictures, or a large movie to a PDA like in the video would it have a status bar, or is it instant. I would assume that there would be some type of status bar on the larger items.