Sign in to follow this  
NoCalMike

Hot Sauces

Tobasco - Eggs

Tapatio & Chipotle Tobasco - Mexican food

Tobasco Green Sauce - Salsas

Louisiana Hout Sauce - BBQ food, especially sausage links

Dave's Gourmet Insanity Sauce - Homemade chili in the slowcooker

Tabasco Habenero Pepper sauce - Chicken Wings(Mostly for Buffalo Wings)

Guest RyechnaiaSobaka
Tobasco - Eggs

Tapatio & Chipotle Tobasco - Mexican food

Tobasco Green Sauce - Salsas

Louisiana Hout Sauce - BBQ food, especially sausage links

Dave's Gourmet Insanity Sauce - Homemade chili in the slowcooker

Tabasco Habenero Pepper sauce - Chicken Wings(Mostly for Buffalo Wings)

I have a habanero hot sauce that I got in Texas that I like to add to barbecue/grilling sauce. It adds a little bit of heat when a bottled sauce maybe has too much molasses or whatever in it otherwise. It's a different kind of heat than with tabasco-type hot sauce; I don't know how to describe it except that it's got more of a... leafy? flavor to it. Hard to say. I'm not real big on sweet barbecue sauce, so I've got to do something if that's all I've got around.

Hot sauce goes on.

Sandwiches

Subs

Scrambled Eggs

Mac and Cheese

Burgers

Nachos

Pork Chops

Rice Pilaf

Scalloped Potatoes

Bratwurst

Pizza

Guest Vitamin X

I'm rather partial to Tapatio for all matters non-egg related, as discussed in the egg thread.

Frank's Red Hot is good for a lot of chili and things like that. But one of the best hot sauces I've found while living here? Sriracha Hot Chili Sauce. They make a spicy and a "sweeter" chili sauce, and oh my god it just goes good on everything- but you must use the correct sauce. You put something hot on something that needs sweet or vie versa, and the flavor just goes fucking kerplunk. The inconsistency of the taste is the only thing that bothers me- that's why I still prefer Tapatio regardless.

Seconded on the Sriracha. It's pretty much a staple for Asian food plus it has a texture that you simply can't get with the Louisiana pepper/vinegar sauces. Not that there's anything wrong with Frank's Red Hot.

As an aside, I actually have a scotch bonnet sauce from Jamaica that I'm afraid to open...

I'll put Tabasco on basically anything that isn't cold or sweet. I love it on pizza. I actually got the idea to do that from an old Superbowl commercial where a guy does that and then a mosquito bites him, flies away and explodes.

I have a collection of really, really hot stuff I use on special occasions. I have the tongue for extremely hot sauce, but I more enjoy looking at the novelty bottles with various devils and what not on them. Good for steaks.

I had a friend who every time we went to eat pizza, had to get Tabasco sauce and put it on his pizza then ask people to dare him to chug it down, which he did.

Guest Vitamin X

Oh yeah, hot sauce on pizza is great, but not Tabasco. Crystal Louisiana was a favorite of mine when I lived in Florida, haven't seen it in stores around here.

Oh, and the Sriracha hot sauce is good enough to actually just eat that alone with brown rice. Something about the two things together tastes awesome, similar to how I enjoy soy sauce and steamed white rice.

Guest Tact

I usually have them in my sandwiches, burgers and chips. I like hot sauces because it taste great with food. :headbang: