TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
DrVenkman PhD

The OAO WWE DVD Thread

A Hart Foundation DVD with a heavy focus on chronicling that 1997 year would be a really intriguing release since it's one of the highest peaks of WWE's history. Not sure how much you can cover Neidhart since his career wasn't remotely noteworthy except for his stints with Bret and family. I could see them expanding it further and doing a piece on the Hart Family as a whole and the Dungeon, which would allow for more people to partake in the story. I should make it clear that I meant just the wrestling aspect of the family, the personal lives of the Hart Family would be a daunting task to cover.

I'm not sure how much Stampede footage WWE/Bret own, though.

I think Bret mentioned he owns all his stampede stuff, but I could be wrong on that.

I picked up the Raw set tonight. I've only watched about an hour of the first disk, but so far it's pretty good. Flair-Perfect seems like it gets clipped within the first minute or so, but judging by Vince's "And we're back..." on commentary immediately after the clip, I assume it was just a commercial break that went unmentioned by the commentators. (Commercial breaks during HBK-Jannetty and Bret-Kid are both warned beforehand with the TV graphic).

On a random note, I think this is the first 3-disc WWE set to have the three individual slim DVD cases inside as opposed to the usual fold open case like the Flair or Bret set.

I thought it didn't come out until the 26th? I guess I'll have to make a trip out tonight. From what you've seen, is there anything that was just clips that should have been shown in full? Or is the set definitely worth the money..?

I picked up the Raw set tonight. I've only watched about an hour of the first disk, but so far it's pretty good. Flair-Perfect seems like it gets clipped within the first minute or so, but judging by Vince's "And we're back..." on commentary immediately after the clip, I assume it was just a commercial break that went unmentioned by the commentators. (Commercial breaks during HBK-Jannetty and Bret-Kid are both warned beforehand with the TV graphic).

On a random note, I think this is the first 3-disc WWE set to have the three individual slim DVD cases inside as opposed to the usual fold open case like the Flair or Bret set.

I thought it didn't come out until the 26th? I guess I'll have to make a trip out tonight. From what you've seen, is there anything that was just clips that should have been shown in full? Or is the set definitely worth the money..?

I work at a Suncoast, and it was supposed to be the 26th, but all stuff scheduled for Wednesday 12/26 was moved up to Friday, 12/21. I don't know how it worked everywhere else, though.

I haven't had much spare time, so I haven't watched anything beyond what I mentioned above. One thing I forgot to mention is that in the matches and segments, there are little pop-ups with trivia and whatnot. Not too many to be annoying or anything.

I work at a Suncoast, and it was supposed to be the 26th, but all stuff scheduled for Wednesday 12/26 was moved up to Friday, 12/21. I don't know how it worked everywhere else, though.

I haven't had much spare time, so I haven't watched anything beyond what I mentioned above. One thing I forgot to mention is that in the matches and segments, there are little pop-ups with trivia and whatnot. Not too many to be annoying or anything.

that sucks that things are in segments, I was kinda hoping for a documentry type of thing.

In case you guys haven't seen it yet, here's the summary for Volume 4 of the Royal Rumble Anthology:

From 2003 - 2007, Superstars from RAW and SmackDown, and now ECW, met in one common match, the Royal Rumble. With an eye toward WrestleMania and a berth in the main event, this five-year period has seen a diverse group of winners, including two iron men who won the match from the first pairing of stars, Chris Benoit and Rey Mysterio. Batista also burst into the upper echelon with his 2005 win en route to his World Heavyweight Championship victory at WrestleMania 21.

http://www.wweshop.com/Product_detail.asp?...ductId=35-00604

Seems like they're keeping everything in tact after all.

Chris Who?

In case you guys haven't seen it yet, here's the summary for Volume 4 of the Royal Rumble Anthology:

From 2003 - 2007, Superstars from RAW and SmackDown, and now ECW, met in one common match, the Royal Rumble. With an eye toward WrestleMania and a berth in the main event, this five-year period has seen a diverse group of winners, including two iron men who won the match from the first pairing of stars, Chris Benoit and Rey Mysterio. Batista also burst into the upper echelon with his 2005 win en route to his World Heavyweight Championship victory at WrestleMania 21.

http://www.wweshop.com/Product_detail.asp?...ductId=35-00604

Seems like they're keeping everything in tact after all.

Chris Who?

Yeah, I saw that too.

Aero, is the Hart-Kid match in full (that is, not clipped from its original televised form)?

PS - what are the odds of an Owen Hart DVD set??

Read Bret's book, read Martha's book, read anything you can find on the Harts and you'll see that Martha HATED wrestling for what it did to Owen. Unless she green lights it, it won't happen.

Aero, is the Hart-Kid match in full (that is, not clipped from its original televised form)?

It's in full TV form, with the only clip being the commercial break.

my CC, put out the new releases on sunday/ anyhow, depsite it being in the ad paper, we didnt get in the raw dvd yet. Maybe its just running late due to the holiday. I might just get it at walmart for the extra disc, how much is walmart charging for it?

I don't know if there was anything like this for the original Rumble Anthology, but I love how the volumes have a meaningful quote on the inside package (Ric Flair's "with a tear in my eye" quote from 92 is on Volume 1, for example) along with a list of every winner, marathon man, most eliminations, first time Rumble competitors, along with the entire cards and order of entry. Well done.

I watched about 30-40 minutes of the Shawn DVD documentary feature this morning before going out with family - I loved how they had Shawn re-tell the story he told on the "Before They Were Superstars / Confidential" piece about Vince firing The Rockers, but this time he actually named Jimmy Jack Funk as the person who got them fired (and have Marty do the Vince imitation for the "those boots are made for walkin" quote). So far, enjoying it.

Guest montycombs1

I read something awhile back that production on the Hennig DVD was ceased because of the circumstances surrounding his death (steroid/drug related) and it ties in to the whole Benoit thing. I read this on wrestlezone.com maybe 2 months ago. Has anyone else heard this? I'm going to be pissed if it's true.

After just watching it, HBK vs. Owen from Nov. 1995 on the Raw DVD is clipped. It shows the first 4 minutes or so before clipping to the last 3 minutes or so. The EMTs checking on him is shown for several minutes is shown.

Does the Wal Mart version of the Raw DVD have the Kane/Lita wedding?

The version from wweshop list it on the menu, but it's really the Edge/Lita wedding :angry:

He killed Jake's snake on Superstars.

And thus deserves no respect.

Maybe you're right. He also beat up a crippled Andre The Giant.

On second thought, Fuck John Tenta!!! :angry:

He so warrents a dvd. Even in death, John Tenta still gets heat!

whos tenta???

Please be joking. Or.. perhaps, born yesterday. :huh:

Im Dead Serious.

1394d466c1323f47i3.jpg

'Quake don't get no respect from TSM, even in death.

OH! but i fail to see how/why he would get a DVD... its people like him that were job boys for hogan ya know..

Tenta would have the worst DVD ever. He doesn't deserve one at all. He isn't interesting behind the scenes, never was a big star and doesn't have a history of good matches.

Tenta seemed like a hell of a nice guy and wasn't horrible for a big man but if he wasn't dead, the thought of a DVD chronicling his career would be as absurd as a King Kong Bundy or a Warlord DVD.