TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
DrVenkman PhD

The OAO WWE DVD Thread

Just got an email from Amazon about the Summerslam volumes (at least Vol. 1) going on sale March 10. $34 for 1988-92. I am all over that.

I hope the packaging is better than the volumes inside the complete SS Anthology. But who am I to complain, I only paid $40 for it...

I read a headline on 411mania a few weeks ago that said it was planned for this year. Don't remember what the source was, but it didn't have a timeframe or anything.

Either way, I don't see why it wouldn't be expected since the last three have been done basically just about once a year.

Going back to a few posts about the discussion I brought up on doing more "deluxe editions" of significant Manias in history, etc, someone asked if the Deluxe version of Mania III is worth picking up, and I would definately say so. I just watched it again the other day and its awesome. One cool feature they had was that during the show (which seemed to be uncut from top to bottom from the actual pay per view version) they had little facts and figures about stuff showing up on the bottom of the screen during the matches, as well as pop up boxes with workers talking about this and that with the match in question. Plus they have a ton of extras as well, including alot of the SNME stuff prior, as well as promos and vignettes that built to the event. It was a two disc deal, and I tell ya, if they would do this with more of the older Manias, and even SummerSlams, Rumbles, and Survivor Series events, I would be all about it.

Don't know if it's been posted yet, but I was up at Best Buy today and there were three new LEgends of Wrestling roundtables out- Hulk Hogan/Bob Backlund, Piper/Funk, and Andre the Giant (and someone else I can't remember).

Don't know if it's been posted yet, but I was up at Best Buy today and there were three new LEgends of Wrestling roundtables out- Hulk Hogan/Bob Backlund, Piper/Funk, and Andre the Giant (and someone else I can't remember).

I already have two of those, got them weeks ago. So how many Legends of Wrestling DVDs ARE out right now? I'm confused on whats exclusive where...

Hogan/Backlund, Piper/Funk, and Andre/Iron Sheik are all Best Buy exclusive releases, released on their own and not bundled together. Then there's the three pack with JYD/Flair, Lawler/Slaughter, and the Heatseekers disc. I'm not sure if any stores or outlets are selling the 3 pack discs individually though, because I've only seen it sold in the package.

So there's 6 discs in total, and the first 3 I mentioned can only be bought at Best Buy.

I never saw the 3 pack, and bought all 6 individually. I had to order 2 of them off bestbuy.com because none of our local ones had them out and I didn't care enough to ask them to do their jobs properly. A week later they were, of course, on display.

I ordered 2 of them off Best Buy's website, since I got emailed that they were unavailable for in store pickup at my nearest outlet. Of course, they sent me two of the wrong ones, and when I went to exchange them for the right ones, they said they had no more in stock. No word of a lie, as I was walking out of the store, there was a whole endcap with them on it.

SummerSlam was good (and I need it to complete the SummerSlam collection). I thought I heard good things about the Bash but even when it was on 24/7 I missed it (messed up menu).

7 bucks? Sounds like a cheap way to catch up on WWE this year.

I haven't watched WWE reguarly since Eddie lost the title to Bradshaw. Wish there was a cheap way to catch up on EVERY PPV since that time in 04, but that sounds expensive!

The only PPVs I've seen since that faithful night Eddie lost is Royal Rumble 07, WM 23, and No Way Out 2007.

Ha. We had a deal in Buffalo a few years back, to inspire people to read or some shit I guess, where they wiped away all of your outstanding debts with the library and let you get a new card. I had a bunch of books out, that I'd either lost or were just sitting on my bookshelf... So I got a new card, walked in, took some more books and DVDs and never went back.

The fools.

A line from one of JR's more recent blogs suggests that we will be due for more Legends of Wrestling Roundtable DVDs in the future:

The WWE production of the February edition of the Legends Roundtable was awesome. This WWE 24/7 On Demand feature featured some compelling stories about race in wrestling over the years and the WWE production team did an amazing job adding footage to the discussion and for editing it in such a way as to keep it within time restraints without losing any of the integrity of the broadcast. I strong suggest that you check this show out and if you don't have the VOD service check it out when it comes to DVD.

Kmart's running a huge WWE sale this week. Cena, Edge, Hell in the Cell, DX, SNME dvd sets are $15 apiece. Wrestlemanias 20, 22 and 24 are $13. And if you buy $50 worth of WWE merchandise, you get $10 off Wrestlemania 25 on PPV.

I just heard on Observer Radio that they are doing a Rise and Fall of WCW DVD. I'm sure it'll be fair and evenhanded!

Didn't they already kinda do that with "The Monday Night Wars"?

Biggest problem I see with a DVD like that is...really, how many former WCW People are still with WWE.

I can count:

-Jericho

-Big Show

-Flair

-Anderson

-Chavo

-Steamboat

-Austin, but that'd be stretching it.

...and that's about it for the mains.

Hogan's an iffy, depends on which way the wind is blowing for THAT kind of relationship.

Goldberg hates WWE.

Nash, Sting, Steiner, Booker are all in TNA.

Hall is probably too drunk.

Guerrero and Benoit are dead.

Any I'm missing?

I'm sure they'll talk to Bischoff and Watts. As for who works for WWE that worked for WCW, there's also JR, Teddy Long, HHH, Goldust, Duggan, Noble, Rey, Regal, Helms, Yang, Finlay, Dusty, Hayes, Malenko, Atlas, Rotunda, Charles Robinson, Scott Armstrong, and Mean Gene. They certainly have enough people. Don't be surprised if we also get the fabulous insight of outsiders like Steve Lombardi and JBL.