TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Take it

Gridiron gang

av-8606.jpg

Clever.

I thought I may start a conversation about the much plugged movies from wwe lately. I did read through some old threads and couldn't find more than a comment.

I am currently getting anyone to watch the marine, it's short and full of explosions and John Cena isn't entirely insufferable. Gridiron gang was a disney movie with cool leg breaks and swearing, seriously the car hitting him. I love a good bone break.

I didn't like the condemned or see no evil. Is Vyce still about, I would like his pov on that one?

Take it's thread helps contribute to TSM's Mission to 100,000, so I welcome this new thread in the Movies - DVDs - Television folder. If more people took her initiative, rather than following the CTDWAT mentality suggested by Abhorred of the Curry, we can move towards our goal that much faster

Oh right, the movie... like many youth sports films, it has its cute moments, but it's the fairly standard "rag-tag kids get together, have some outright hostilities turn into uneasy alliances turn into deep friendships, and win some games" movie, though I did enjoy Rock's performance

Have you enjoyed the Rock in other films? I liked Be Cool, aside from Uma Thurman.... but I'm not sure if I find watching him in films generaly enjoyable?

I think I liked Gridiron Gang more than some other movies of this type because it wasn't Adam Sandler and I enjoyed the Disney format with some nice violence. Kinda like RAW.

Gridiron Gang is my favourite Rock movie. I'm a sucker for these type of movies, so every maniuplative scene got to me.

The scene where The Rock and that kid are talking about their daddy issues always gets me

Have you enjoyed the Rock in other films? I liked Be Cool, aside from Uma Thurman.... but I'm not sure if I find watching him in films generaly enjoyable?

Be Cool was a shining example of how not to adapt an Elmore Leonard novel. The Rock was good in it, but F. Gary Gray clearly had no idea what was going on and basically redid the first movie/book.

I think I liked Gridiron Gang more than some other movies of this type because it wasn't Adam Sandler and I enjoyed the Disney format with some nice violence. Kinda like RAW.

I enjoyed Walking Tall, The Rundown, and The Scorpion King.

The only Rock movie I didn't like that much was Walking Tall. I even found Doom to be enjoyable because it was exactly what I expected and wanted it to be.

poor Klare returns only to get smacked around.

Ah it's alright BL, I don't mind.

I was mostly interested in how people enjoy wrestler movies, especially in the US. No-one has much of an opinion here and I have really enjoyed some :)

I couldn't find anyone here who had seen Gridiron gang and I thought even without the wrestling connection, it was an awesome film.