TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest My Pal, the Tortoise

TSM Poster Tournament 2008: The Round of 32

This is already getting tough. I like most of the posters that are still left in this thing.

Irritable Bowel Syndrome

Milky (I enjoy MiB's contributions to the board, but Milky has really been a tour de force in the past year)

Ripper (Agent's a great poster, but I enjoy the tangled arguments that Ripper always presents just so that he can go against the grain)

Venkman (As I said last round, Venk really was a breakthrough poster for me last year. Always enjoy his stuff)

KKK (It's close but the pic of Mumia > the pic of Matt)

Rock

KKC (Kamala's one of my favorite posters and he listened to my suggestions regarding his name/avatar)

King (KOAB's funny sometimes and awful at others. Good guy, but I prefer King's contributions in Sports)

Slayer (I've never dealt with Carnival much. Slayer slays me)

Treble (Close call to Treble because he graciously added Tremedous to my name)

Culture Beat

Czech (Alf's a good basketball poster, but Czech really permeates the entire board with his, um, wisdom)

Kinetic (Kinetic's my darkhorse to go all the way)

Vitamin X (Both are good, but Vitamin X lives in Portland and drinks IPA. I can't go against that)

El Dandy (I don't think Barron likes me much and EHME is just dandy)

Take a Powder

Black Lushus (Just a coin flip call. I like both)

Edwin (I hate to call another a coin flip, but they both contribute and I don't know either well enough to make a strong distinction)

Cheech (The student becomes the teacher in '08)

Smues (For contributions in Sports and his NW pride)

kkktookmybabyaway: Matt Young doesn't really deserve to advance after last round's debacle.

See, I don't get this. I won fair and square, as the guy who is running the tournament said. I didn't "troll for votes" as some people say. I told you guys, I have the messages to prove that the few people I notified about the tournament didn't know previously and, had they known, they would have voted for me anyway. It's campaigning. Anyone who thinks otherwise is just trying to come up with anything to delegitimize my first round win. saving the bitching for the rounds that matter. (Disclaimer: None of this, save for the first line, was directed at KKC.)

Am I a sore loser? Hell yes. That's beside the point. What you did was cheap and makes me want to kick you in the balls no matter how you slice it.

I didn't call you a sore loser here, but what I did was not cheap. Again, you fools keep stating that the people I notified already did know about the tournament and I somehow convinced them to vote. When i tell you I have proof that they had no idea the tournament was going on, you ignore it to further your own argument. And regardless, those who voted for me would have voted for me regardless.

Also, I did nothing cheap. I broke no rules. If you didn't encourage people to vote, your loss. You're just mad because you lost, and nothing more. And hell, half the votes you got weren't because they know/like you (Cena's WHO?) it was because they disliked me.

KKK (It's close but the pic of Mumia > the pic of Matt)

I changed my avatar yesterday. My new one will be considered, somehow, less offensive by posters here, LOL.

I don't care why I got the votes as long as I didn't tell them to vote for me (some people are cool with me, some don't give a shit, and some just hate you, I don't care). You told people to vote because you knew they'd vote for you. It's not like you told the people who hate you to go check the tournament out, or asked me to tell some of the people I'm cool with that didn't vote because they didn't "know" the tournament was going on. I figured this was an even playing field.

Guest Cock Ring Warehouse

I want to call Matt Young a cheating fuckwad but I'm not sure he broke any rules, even though it seems like he must have. The A.J. Pierzynski of the tournament.

I don't care why I got the votes as long as I didn't tell them to vote for me (some people are cool with me, some don't give a shit, and some just hate you, I don't care). You told people to vote because you knew they'd vote for you. It's not like you told the people who hate you to go check the tournament out, or asked me to tell some of the people I'm cool with that didn't vote because they didn't "know" the tournament was going on. I figured this was an even playing field.

You and everyone else had the same opportunity I did, you just didn't make use of it. Of course I told people who I thought would vote for me. That's common sense. But I didn't try to talk them into voting for me. they chose who they wanted to.

People will try anything to save face. t was an even playing field, and as Czech Ring said, I beat you fair and square.

I can't wait till KKK keeps beating the shit out of Matt till he gets LJSexay and Thoth to do his dirty work. Look out for that one. They probably forgot there's a second round.

That first sentence is not what it seems.

Mole (Close call to Mole because he graciously added Tremedous to my name)

I've been trying to get a Ken Tremendous reference in for a few days now. I just couldn't find a good way to work 'Cheech Tremendous' into a post without making it look like I was trying too hard.

I like that. Maybe I should become Cheech Tremendous.

Mole (Close call to Mole because he graciously added Tremedous to my name)

I've been trying to get a Ken Tremendous reference in for a few days now. I just couldn't find a good way to work 'Cheech Tremendous' into a post without making it look like I was trying too hard.

I like that. Maybe I should become Cheech Tremendous.

My bad... it's been fixed.

Milky

Ripper

Dr. Venkman

KKK

KKC

King

Slayer

Treble

Czech: Honor to lose to him in the first round

Kinetic

Gary Floyd: Besides Milky, one of my favorite posters. Mainly for the "Pictures I like" post

El Dandy

Black Lushus

incadenza

Cheech

Smues

Shut the fuck up you fat, hick, faggot.

0 for 3, nigger.

Well lets see...

You're fat: 1

You're a hick: 1

You're a faggot: 1

Seems like 3-3 for me.

But lets add on to that... You also pick up 14 year old girls, and pick up fat nasty transexuals with your cool WWE wrestling T-shirts. Get the fuck outta here, cracker.

INDIANA BASIN SILT

The Man in Blak - Obviously, I've already seen that most people have voted for Milky, which is completely understandable...but I'm curious to see the follow-up if/when he wins it all. If Milky becomes universally loved, does The Chocolate Socket turn into one of the later seasons of the Simpsons, where every thread is a meta-contextual exercise that's structured around Milky doing something zany? "Oh, that crazy Milky!" How could he save The Chocolate Socket from himself?

Agent of Oblivion

Dr. Venkman

KKK

HELP, I'M A ROCK

King Kamala Classic

Kingofthe909

Slayer

Treble

CULTURE BEAT

Czech

Kinetic

VX

bob barron

POWDERFINGER

Black Lushus - I guess we can look forward to seeing Jason227_ThePit around these parts for the next round.

Edwin

alkeiper

Smues

IBSR:

MiB - Apparently, Milky has a lot of votes already (I haven't bothered to check), so I'll throw MiB a vote. He's good people.

Agent - tough call, could've gone either way.

Venkman - fellow NewsRadio nerd.

Also, the Tuxedo Mask factor.

KKK

H,IARR:

NYU

King (not the OAB one) - he doesn't rip off DVDVR

Slayer

Treble- heh, Mole.

CBR:

Czech - tough call (hey, that's not a reason. Shut up.)

Kinetic

Gary Floyd

Bob Barron

PR:

Kreese

Incandenza

alkeiper - when VORP's collide. Al is in-state, so he gets the vote.

Smues

Was it you treble who did the whole "Vote for Mole" a few years back?

Ha, I think it was. That was like, 5 years ago, I think. I've wasted my life.

I won't have a Chocolate Milky Socket. Something must be done.

Milk Chocolate Socket is better.

And I do post in the other forums too, you know.

Carnival-even though he's never around much, not sure why he's included here but whatever

man, fuck you. bombs on your house TONIGHT!

Slayer- I might've voted for Carny here to get some love back from someone who I've been cool with at times, but not now. Hell, my encouragement made Carnival a better poster! Ungrateful bastard.

this is just left over hate from last years debacle, much love to ya otherwise.

46 votes in, so let's set 10 pm Central tomorrow for the deadline. More than last round, there are tight races all over the place, so if you want to vote, it'll count.

The results for me Venk are about what I thought; I had a good run, Al probably beat me by more last year. Even though it's grossly irrelevant, I'm going to post the same thing I did during my defeat to Al. Take that, Doctor!

Milky Consistently the poster who makes me laugh the most with Hoff's vacation.

Ripper Flipped a coin.

Venkman I copied and pasted the bracket onto a notepad, and am reading them off as I input my entries in this reply. For some reason, I typed Venkman first instead of reading it aloud. He wins. I obviously like me more (tho Venk's good people), but I'm drunk, it's a runaway, and he got his comeuppance above, I'd say!

KKK I like Matt, as I've mentioned, but the KKK bowl supercedes. Sorry, bro.

KingKamala Responded to me after he had changed his name. I had noticed it already in the Inaccurate Wrestling Predictions thing, but it still seemed like good manners. I'm big on good manners.

King Like 'em both, but my KOAB drunk theory....yeah, that again.

Carnival CLOSE! But Carnival indirectly put a positive spin on my coital Czech-thinking. That trumps.

Treble Big fan of Mole (thanks for the vote, this round), but stickin with Canadiana.

Czech I like Alfdogg, but Czech takes this one.

Snuff Coin.

Vitamin X Still my boy, even if he turned his back on me. Come to think of it, my love of my job should conflict with my hippy-ness. Alas. You're lucky.

Barron Coin.

Lushus I like the guy.

Incandenza I can't really think of anything Edwin's done off the top of my head.

Al Sneaks by.

Scroby Smues is great, but I just can't vote against Scroby.

Anything for Mole and Treble?

I wonder if the Matt Young Army will even be summoned now that the race is well in hand. I'm holdin' out for the Mole Army.