TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Jaxxson Mayhem

Archos Archos 605 30GB Portable Media Player W/ WiFi vs PSP

I want something that I can watch video and listen to music anywhere. Also, I want to be able to access the internet mainly for forums.

Which would be better?

The only bad thing about the PSP is the memory cards are expensive for not a lot of space.

Here's the Archos MP3 player if your not familiar with it.

http://www.archos.com/products/gen_5/archo...bal&lang=en

The PSP sucks for web browsing from what I hear, the Archos I can't see any pics of the web browser to see if it's super contained or not.

Have you considered an iPod Touch?

The PSP sucks for web browsing from what I hear, the Archos I can't see any pics of the web browser to see if it's super contained or not.

Have you considered an iPod Touch?

Archos uses the Opera web browser and you gotta pay $20 for it.

I hate apple, and the touch is $400 for 16gig.

Also, the screen on the Archos is way better than the one on the touch.

Guest Vitamin X

I'd recommend the Archos. I know people that have had the DVR version (yes, you can even record TV shows with it!) and are very pleased.

The iPod touch is a total waste of money. Same with the PSP. They're not even making the UMDs anymore.

I'd recommend the Archos. I know people that have had the DVR version (yes, you can even record TV shows with it!) and are very pleased.

The iPod touch is a total waste of money. Same with the PSP. They're not even making the UMDs anymore.

Ya, the DVR part is an extra $80, but I already have a TV Tuner card, so I don't need the DVR part.

At some point wouldnt a cheap laptop be a better option? I never understood the concept of wanting to watch movies on a cell phone or a screen smaller than a deck of cards.

I thought about it, but I would want to get a good laptop cause I want/need to get one anyway. Those are around $700 to $800 and this is only $300.

Guest suref142

I also recommend the Archos. I just got my new Archos 605 last week at a deal site, this is my second Archos. I replaced my old 550 with the 605 and I am quite happy with the upgrade! It comes with a convenient WiFi feature, an attribute that offers the fastest and easiest way to access digital entertainment. I can use the built-WiFi capabilities of the Archos to download online media content from the Archos content portal. I am quite happy with it! Highly recommend it!