TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Lord of The Curry

UFC 83 - Serra vs. St. Pierre 2

There's a small chance I splurge on eBay and make the 5 hour drive for this show. The only small problem is its 4 days before my thesis defense.

Ah, decisions decisions.

Fuck me and my frozen ass in the middle of nowhere and not being able to get tickets for this because of work. Although I love my camp because of the free PPV to watch this fight.

Carlito- If there are still tickets on sale by Friday which is a HUGE if you'll be sitting in nosebleeds.

Worst comes to worst, I'll sit in the nosebleeds... But I'll must likely buy tickets off a scapler or off ebay.

Now that that the tickets are good and the hotel is booked..........oh shit. This is really happening. The commercials during the show last night had me freaking the everloving fuck out. BTW, right now it's......

GSP by submission

Franklin by TKO

Quarry by DEC

Danzig by TKO

Bisping by TKO

Doerkson by DEC

Hironaka by TKO

Maia by Submission

Clementi by Submision

The TV card is what you would expect.

MAIN CARD

* Champ Matt Serra vs. Georges St. Pierre (title-unification bout)

* Rich Franklin vs. Travis Lutter

* Nate Quarry vs. Kalib Starnes

* Michael Bisping vs. Charles McCarthy

* Marc Bocek vs. Mac Danzig

PRELIMINARY CARD

* Joe Doerksen vs. Jason MacDonald

* Rich Clementi vs. Sam Stout

* Alan Belcher vs. Jason Day

* Jonathan Goulet vs. Kuniyoshi Hironaka

* Ed Herman vs. Demian Maia*

I mean, for those of us who aren't going. Fuckers.

I'd like to see Maia/Herman make air, but only if Herman gets tapped.

Stout/Clementi should be making air in place of Bocek/Danzig, IMO. But like Mik said, for those of us going it doesn't matter.

I work with a guy who's going too so it's nice because we're kind of like a support network for each other to get through the day. If we see each other in the halls or walk by each others desk we always mention something Montreal-related.

I'd much rather watch Bocek/Danzig than Stout/Clementi. Personally, I find Stout and Clementi to be rather limited fighters. At least with Bocek and Danzig, it should be a competative bout that will put some context as to where both stand at 155. They both have potential at this point, I don't see much potential left in either of Stout or Clementi.

Stout/Clementi should be making air in place of Bocek/Danzig, IMO. But like Mik said, for those of us going it doesn't matter.

I work with a guy who's going too so it's nice because we're kind of like a support network for each other to get through the day. If we see each other in the halls or walk by each others desk we always mention something Montreal-related.

Mac Danzig is a TUF winner, his fight should make TV without any questions.

I'd much rather watch Bocek/Danzig than Stout/Clementi. Personally, I find Stout and Clementi to be rather limited fighters. At least with Bocek and Danzig, it should be a competative bout that will put some context as to where both stand at 155. They both have potential at this point, I don't see much potential left in either of Stout or Clementi.

No potential left in Sam Stout? He's 23 fucking years old and has been steadily improving his submission defense. He has a shitload of potential for the years to come.

Mmm-hmm. And that main even of the UFN against Spencer Fisher that was a FOTYC makes Stout.....what now?

ILF needs to think before he posts, especially when he's calling Stout and Clementi limited in contrast with Bocek and Danzig.

Mmm-hmm. And that main even of the UFN against Spencer Fisher that was a FOTYC makes Stout.....what now?

Wasnt that UFN, the lowest UFN in ratings? Also Stout's last fight wasn't entertaining at all... Maybe to a Stout fan like yourself it was, but to a unbiased fan it wasn't.

Danzig has had national exposure for weeks and weeks, until finally winning the whole tournment, where he destroyed everyone in his path... You think the UFC are not going to use that moment and put Danzig in the prelims? Get outta here...

Though Clementi/Stout would be a more exciting fight to put on TV (I see Bocek/Danzig being similar to Bocek/Evans), you can't have a TUF champion (especially a recent one) in a dark match. It hurts the importance of the TV show to have the most recent winner be not relevant enough to make a PPV card. Quarry/Starnes, OTOH...

... actually, it's a toss-up, cause Quarry/Starnes might be more exciting than Stout/Clementi, given the probability of Clementi choking Stout out if the fight were to fall to the ground.

It's actually quite funny how many people have said "Ya know, even if Serra wins he won't make it out of Montreal alive."

BTW, #1 on Curry's Awesome Montreal List is GSP's music and subsequent entrance to said music. Bananas, mafucka.

It's actually quite funny how many people have said "Ya know, even if Serra wins he won't make it out of Montreal alive."

BTW, #1 on Curry's Awesome Montreal List is GSP's music and subsequent entrance to said music. Bananas, mafucka.

Hopefully Schwartz's Deli is on that list.

It unfortunately didn't rank as #2-#10 on the list are "Do everything humanly possible to meet Anderson Silva and Rich Franklin, hopefully for a group photo."

Hah! Although I'm not sure you'd be able to get them in the same picture - Rich may not want to be anywhere within striking distance of Silva...