TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Brush with Greatness

UFC Fight Night - Florian v. Lauzon

I had Clay winning at 72 as well, but if you go by guys winning their fights I think it's the match up you have to make. I for one would love to see it. If Sherk comes away with the title I have ZERO interest in seeing Sherk vs Florian II

Kenny's had a shot at the title. Tyson vs Roger

That was almost 2 years ago... He's certainly earned a #1 contendership fight.

Wins over Mishima, Robinson, Thomas, and Lauzon. Him and Huerta is the only fight I want to see to decide a #1 contender. Plus Florian has been more impressive in his fights unlike Tyson who lost to Edgar, and had controversial desicions against Guida and Tavares.

I for one would love to see it. If Sherk comes away with the title I have ZERO interest in seeing Sherk vs Florian II

'

I'm betting the house on BJ Penn.

Sherk is basically a poor mans Matt Hughes, and you saw how much problem BJ Penn had with an out of shape Penn... BJ Penn in shape is another animal to deal with. There is nothing I can see Sherk throwing at Penn that will give him any problems.

I agree with EHME. The only #1 contender match right now, in my eyes, is Huerta/Florian.

I swear that my blatant mancrush for Huerta has nothing to do with that statement. I just think they have separated themselves from the pack.

See, the issue I have with Huerta getting a #1 contender shot is that up until the Guida fight he was fighting guys that were all making their UFC debuts and (in the case of guys like Garcia and Crane) had zero notable wins under their belt. Even with the controversies surrounding his wins Griffin went hard against Edgar and took out Guida, Tavares and Tibeau.

I personally would like to see Kenny fight the winner of Huerta/Griffin as I feel that he's a step above the both of them.

Watching Manny vs. Jeff Cox

One, Manny is 26. Either he just looks old, or I'm old. Very, very old.

Two, Goldberg saying "Cox enjoys a -two inch- reach advantage" must've been a bit awkward to say.

Three, sweeeeeeeet Seoi Nage

Four, a Guilllotine that Pequeno would be proud of.

Watching Aurelio vs. Roberts, and Tim Mills -the referee- is the Ratso Rizzo of MMA.

Whoa, man, Arianny chunking the deuce, wow, changing it up from the wave and the blow kiss.

OH SHIT THAT ARMBAR WAS DOPE! Oh god that was... jiu jitsu.

Watching Manny vs. Jeff Cox

One, Manny is 26. Either he just looks old, or I'm old. Very, very old.

Two, Goldberg saying "Cox enjoys a -two inch- reach advantage" must've been a bit awkward to say.

Three, sweeeeeeeet Seoi Nage

Four, a Guilllotine that Pequeno would be proud of.

Four- That was a dirty cheap shot by Manny.

Well, it is Jeff Cox. Speaking of Cox I need to watch his fight against Alves in KOTC where he gets KO'd and has blood tears coming down the corner of both eyes. And he's wearing what appears to be maroon sweatpants.

Holeeeeeeee that was a fucking swank armbar by Marcus. Between that and the mugging he put on Caudillo I'm interested to see how he fares against higher competition within 155 because that was a serious performance.

What did you guys think about Sotiropolous taking a shot at GSP? "I just got lucky today and I can't wait for Matt to get lucky again in Canada." I'm not sure if that was a direct shot at GSP but it's a shot at whoever said Serra got lucky. Which he totally did. But I could see why he and his camp would be offended.

Not much more I can add about that arm-bar. It was pretty nice.

Holeeeeeeee that was a fucking swank armbar by Marcus. Between that and the mugging he put on Caudillo I'm interested to see how he fares against higher competition within 155 because that was a serious performance.

He would lose to most really good wrestlers with good ground and pound... But I think a fight between him and Huerta would be awesome due to styles.