TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
DrVenkman PhD

WWE General Discussion - February 2008

... and will probably have multiple stops and plan changes.

No Way Out is also being built up a lot more than usual, but will that translate into buys from people who just bought the Rumble and plan on spending even more money on Mania?

Yeah, looks like really are hyping up No Way Out a lot this year. Still don't know if I'm a fan of Cena using his Royal Rumble title shot early. Kind of cheapens it a bit for me.

It does when you consider they could have ran HHH/Orton at No Way Out, and still had the EC match as an inter-brand special, with something like

Undertaker/Batista/CM Punk/Jeff Hardy/Finlay/MVP

If they still wanted to go with Cena/HHH and Taker/Edge.

TheFranchise, if HHH wanted the belt, he'd want it at Mania, not No Way Out.

But we all know that HHH is going to job to Cena at Mania. Why not get a short title reign in there instead of re-doing the whole WM 22 main event?

I know logic and wrestling often don't go hand in hand, but why would they use "We can't give Jeff a token title run because it will hurt the belt's legacy leading up to Mania" as one reason to not give Hardy the belt, then turn around and change it twice within 6 weeks at two PPVs in a row?

I know logic and wrestling often don't go hand in hand, but why would they use "We can't give Jeff a token title run because it will hurt the belt's legacy leading up to Mania" as one reason to not give Hardy the belt, then turn around and change it twice within 6 weeks at two PPVs in a row?

They won't. Cena will either retain at Mania or they'll do a non-finish at NWO and save the title change for Mania.

If they wouldn't put it on Jeff for a transition run then there's even less reason to put it back on Cena. I think what we will see at NWO is Orton just blatantly getting himself DQed which would keep Cena in the title scene for WM and HHH can jump in as well. I personally think Cena is back just to pop a couple of buyrates for NWO and WM, with no real serious designs on putting the belt on him right now.

Let's say Cena wins at NWO and Orton is screwed out of the WM main event. HHH wins the Chamber match. Cheech, do you seriously think HHH is going to job yet AGAIN to Cena at WM, and make it his 4th straight title match loss at WM? He already jobbed to Cena at WM two years ago, then in subsequent rematches in 2006. HHH also put Cena over in the Rumble. If anything, HHH is due to win in order to justify his constant main event push.

Guest Smues

I can't see HHH jobbing to Cena at WM. He already did at WM22, and he probably wants the job back. Hell if he hadn't been injured last year he probably would have beat Cena at WM23.

It would be nice if they didn't do hot shots when they wouldn't even give Jeff a much deserved hotshot reign, but face it HHH/Cena > than Jeff Hardy now priority wise. Cena gets another reign to add to his credentials and HHH does some of his reign as face and heel. There aren't any fresh matchups with Cena as champ because they've been done over the last 2 years.

It's not like it would be the first time they did it.

Angle lost it to Rock at No Way Out...so that he could drop it to Austin at WrestleMania.

It's really just all about what match they want to headline their big show. And with Cena and HHH around I get the feeling Orton isn't in that plan.

Because HHH knows that should Cena get that hotshot reign, he's got a better chance than anyone else on the roster of convincing those with the power to give him a win over Cena at Mania; in which case, it wouldn't be a hotshot but simply a 'transitional championship reign' for Cena.

Edited for nonsensical wording on my part, whoops.

As I've said elsewhere, I can see Triple H jobbing to Cena at Wrestlemania, if only for the political capital. His position is secure and he can do anything he wants anyway, but it'll be so much easier if he can point to the fact that he did another job in a Wrestlemania main event/co-main event. It's the main event version of Kevin Nash doing that banana skin job to Rey Mysterio; Hunter can point to his job at Wrestlemania, and argue that because he did the job for his fourth straight Wrestlemania, he should get whatever he's politicking for at the time. Sure, we're talking about another Wrestlemania main event loss for Hunter, but in his position, Hunter has many more Wrestlemania main events to look forward to, so why not trade in a few losses to look like a good soldier.

If HHH does what HHH wants, why would he worry about political brownie points?

For one thing, it'll make it a lot easier for him to argue to get what he wants. He can get virtually anything he wants anyway, but why not make it easier. Not only that, if Hunter's behavior has shown us anything, it's that he's terribly insecure, and he might think that by doing the job again, he not only gets the aforementioned capital, but he might get the rest of the locker room liking him more. He's already got a ton of respect, but he's not exactly popular, for many reasons, and it could be his way of trying to do something about it.

From Meltzer's newsletter preview for this weekend...

Quote:

Plus we have notes on one of WWE's all-time most heavily pushed flops, who has been gone for years, and is now in talks about a return.

Any guesses as to who that is?

Quote:

Plus we have notes on one of WWE's all-time most heavily pushed flops, who has been gone for years, and is now in talks about a return.

Sid? Although he was in talks earlier.

Quote:

I wouldn't call Sid a flop, granted he didn't live up to his full potential, but I think he did better in the WWE then anywhere else, plus if he was World champion and headlined Wrestlemania, hardly flop material.

Quote:

I wouldn't call Sid a flop, granted he didn't live up to his full potential, but I think he did better in the WWE then anywhere else, plus if he was World champion and headlined Wrestlemania, hardly flop material.

Maybe it's Scott Steiner?

He was heavily pushed but his program with Hunter didn't get over. I don't know anything about his TNA contract.

It's Nathan Jones apparently.

Didn't he quit because he couldn't handle the work schedule? Besides I thought he found a good nitch for himself as the big guy who always gets his ass kicked in action movies by people like Jet Li & Tony Jaa these days.

Quote:

ALLEYAHLEEYLALAYAHELLIYEAH

Quote:

Wrestling's Original World's Strongest Man, Ted Arcidi.

Quote:

I lol'd.

Quote:

I lol'd.

That will always get a laugh out of me.

Is there any word on how Festus will be presented on his return to Smackdown next week?

They should have Cena pin Orton after Jeff hit a Swanton or something and gets taken out (In a four way at WrestleMania), allowing Cena to become a tweener and have Jeff chase the belt till Summerslam. That would be new.

They should have Cena pin Orton after Jeff hit a Swanton or something and gets taken out (In a four way at WrestleMania), allowing Cena to become a tweener and have Jeff chase the belt till Summerslam. That would be new.

It'd be nice but WWE doesn't do 'new'. They push the same tired stale main eventers.

Still, I'd love to see a four way. Maybe Jeff wins MITB and cashes it in before Cena/Orton/HHH so that he's added to the mix in a surprise, OR he can win the chamber.