TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
DrVenkman PhD

WWE General Discussion - February 2008

I know logic and wrestling often don't go hand in hand, but why would they use "We can't give Jeff a token title run because it will hurt the belt's legacy leading up to Mania" as one reason to not give Hardy the belt, then turn around and change it twice within 6 weeks at two PPVs in a row?

They won't. Cena will either retain at Mania or they'll do a non-finish at NWO and save the title change for Mania.

I'm kinda with you on this one. With all these rumors going around that TBS is coming back, why not have him screw Triple H somehow at NWO setting up a match between them at WM or something?

I just don't see HHH and Cena at WM because I don't know the logic behind Cena using his title shot for WRESTLEMANIA at NWO?

I mean, if I'm wrong... please feel free to explain.

The logic is that you can't do HHH/Cena for the title at Mania if Cena doesn't win the title before Mania.
I get that part, but why ruin tradition? I wouldn't mind seeing Cena turn heel at WM somehow.

I'd love to see a hot match like the Rock/Hogan one was.

What tradition?

The tradition of the Rumble winner getting a title shot at Mania.

I think there's only one reason they did it. The match they want is Cena vs. HHH, with Cena defending.

They wanted to bring Cena back as a surprise for the Rumble...and that meant him losing the Rumble would have been both stupid and a let down.

So the only way to get from point a to b is this way

I don't understand how Cena is back so soon if that tear was really as serious as reported. Supposedly, he was doing rehab 5 to 6 hours a day... 6 days a week. But that still doesn't make sense... even if he were to use drugs, it's still unlikely this would have happened. I believe this was Kennedy like incident when the injury wasn't as bad as they first thought, and since Cena was heavily rumored to be taking time off soon, they might have just gone through with that.

The injury was worse than they first thought, as it was a complete muscle tear off the bone. The injury was as bad as it was made out. How Cena managed to make it back in just four months is something else. It's worth pointing out that he might not have made a full recovery, and is just recovered enough to where he can get by without having to put in a 100% effort. Even that, though, is something of a major achievement on Cena's part.

Well I'm sure Cena isn't at 100% Id say hes far from working a full schedule. House shows have to be out of the question still right? He probably wont even have a singles match until the match against Orton at No Way Out.

Guest cheetoe

As far as Cena goes, don't forget that HGH/steroids are used to excelerate the healing proccess. I think in the world of wrestling that's more of a reason to use those drugs than even the strength/size benefits. I was looking at him on Monday night during Raw and he hasn't lost any muscle mass, and was in excellent shape. I'm no doctor but with a serious injury like that, how do you work out enough to keep the rest of your upper body in the same shape. He had an injury that was supposed to keep him out 8 months and he came back 4 months early, if you factor in a month to get back into shape, that gives him 3 months of rehab/recovery time. I dunno...

I think Hardy got screwed. I think the fact that he had the crowd emotionally invested in what was going on suprised everyone. Plus the fact that it WAS new really helped make it exciting. After 3 weeks of strong intense build to that match they ran a handshake segment that was a real letdown and then had him pinned clean without even letting him really challenge Orton during the match. I don't think any of that was coincidence. WWE had a firestarter and they dumped as much water on it as they could. Jeff's gonna lose the EC, he's most likely gonna lose the MITB. He will probably keep the IC title only to have to defend it in some meaningless fued with someone like Carlito or Hardcore Holly. None of the top guys want a guy like Hardy to elevate himself. Especially now that he's shown that he can roll with the big dogs. You think HHH would job to him now? HBK? Cena? He'll be lucky if he isn't used as a bump machine for Big Daddy V in some post mania midcard fued. It's a waste. The guy deserves better. All you ever hear is Austin and HHH, and others saying how guys need to get themselves over, blah, blah, blah... Hardy did it. Alot better than they thought he would. So where is his push? Not a one shot title match on PPV. A real push.

Jeff is the new RVD.

The Smackdown EC match would sound much more promising with CM Punk and Kennedy over Kahli and BDV. How does the guy ( Kahli ) who got eliminated from the Rumble in 30 seconds get another shot at the championship in the EC over Punk or Kennedy who lasted quite a bit longer.

WWE went from pretty good to disapointing and predictable so quickly. :(

The Smackdown EC match would sound much more promising with CM Punk and Kennedy over Kahli and BDV. How does the guy ( Kahli ) who got eliminated from the Rumble in 30 seconds get another shot at the championship in the EC over Punk or Kennedy who lasted quite a bit longer.

I can understand why they didn't put either in the match. Kennedy is going to try to end Flairs career, plus hes on Raw not Smackdown, not that it really matters these days I guess, and they wanted Punk to challenge Chavo for the ECW title. Your right though Khali shouldn't be in it, neither should Big Daddy V. Those guys just seem like they would be pretty worthless in the Chamber match, Personally I would of went with Kane and Shelton Benjiman, or better yet if hes health enough Matt Hardy. Hell if they wanted a big powerhouse they should of thrown in Mark Henry he would be a better pick then either Khali or V as well.

I think Hardy got screwed. I think the fact that he had the crowd emotionally invested in what was going on suprised everyone. Plus the fact that it WAS new really helped make it exciting. After 3 weeks of strong intense build to that match they ran a handshake segment that was a real letdown and then had him pinned clean without even letting him really challenge Orton during the match. I don't think any of that was coincidence. WWE had a firestarter and they dumped as much water on it as they could. Jeff's gonna lose the EC, he's most likely gonna lose the MITB. He will probably keep the IC title only to have to defend it in some meaningless fued with someone like Carlito or Hardcore Holly. None of the top guys want a guy like Hardy to elevate himself. Especially now that he's shown that he can roll with the big dogs. You think HHH would job to him now? HBK? Cena? He'll be lucky if he isn't used as a bump machine for Big Daddy V in some post mania midcard fued. It's a waste. The guy deserves better. All you ever hear is Austin and HHH, and others saying how guys need to get themselves over, blah, blah, blah... Hardy did it. Alot better than they thought he would. So where is his push? Not a one shot title match on PPV. A real push.

Jeff is the new RVD.

I think we're jumping to conclusions really fast here. Even if Hunter does win the chamber, and Jeff goes to MITB, who else could really win it?

Let's call him the new RVD only if he does get pushed down to the midcard again. Right now, he's still in the main event scene. If WWE didn't think he was hot they wouldn't have put him in the chamber in the first place.

But Why Cant It Be Jeff Hardy vs John Cena or Orton vs Cena vs Hardy at Mania?

Politics... If Jeff Hardy was on SD! he'd most likely be a world champion by now.

As well-built as Cena-Orton may be, I don't think the match is fresh enough to draw as the main event for WrestleMania. Most Mania main events are fresh matches or rematches from a year or two before (unless they have a match on TV that ends in a DQ, which shouldn't really count then). Cena and Orton last wrestled each other in September and I don't recall those matches drawing all that well to begin with. However, Cena-Triple H hasn't been done for a couple years, so it would be more appealing as a main event. Cena-Hardy could be interesting but it might be a little soon.

There's a simple reason why Jeff Hardy won't main event WM: Not enough people truly buy him in that spot yet. And I don't mean just WWE creative but also the fans at large.

I don't really think Jeff is buried, though the Rumble did him no favors. Thing is, there is likely a MITB match he can win at WM, and thus WWE can build him for as long as necessary until he's ready to cash it in and then be seen as a main event force.

According to wrestling observer via a rip-off site Nathan Jones and the wwe are in talks about him possibly returning to the company. I might be the only Nathan Jones mark to ever exist, but I'd love to see him back.

I still don't know wny Matt Morgan was blacklisted by the wwe before his TNA hire. I mean the kid was a legit 6'10", muscled up, solid on the mic(proven in TNA) and could work a decent match at worst (light years better than Khali). Something had to go down between Morgan and somebody with serious political clout.

The Colossus of Boggo Road would push the Great Khali's shit up.

Politics... If Jeff Hardy was on SD! he'd most likely be a world champion by now.

Over Batista and UT?

Sure.

Well at the very least he would be the champion on ECW......

I'm not arguing that, I'm just saying if he was on ECW he would be the champion.

Guest cheetoe

I hope i'm wrong and Hardy does get his moment on top. I would jump up and down like a chubby 14 year old goth girl. lol! :ph34r:

I can understand WWE not putting the belt on Hardy. Who knows when he's going to fail another drug test? Of course you could say the same thing about Orton.

I still think Orton will retain at No Way out and the main event at Mania will be a 3 way with HHH/Orton/Cena.

Over Batista and UT?

Sure.

It's more likely hurdle to leap then HHH/Cena.

Does it seem like WWE gave up on making Taker-Edge into something big by doing the paint by numbers plot that they are doing? Edge should be begging for UT at WM and not bothering with Chavo-Punk-Rey. After Edge returned at Survivor Series, it appeared as if that match could have been a huge deal and now it really feels like just another match where Edge will undoubtly run from UT every single week and try to screw him out of the match just like every other WM match with 'Taker.

There's a simple reason why Jeff Hardy won't main event WM: Not enough people truly buy him in that spot yet. And I don't mean just WWE creative but also the fans at large.

I don't really think Jeff is buried, though the Rumble did him no favors. Thing is, there is likely a MITB match he can win at WM, and thus WWE can build him for as long as necessary until he's ready to cash it in and then be seen as a main event force.

I disagree that the Rumble hurt Hardy. He was on top for most of the match and Orton got lucky with the RKO out of no where. There were many points in that match where Hardy looked like a legit main eventer.

Jeff Hardy will most likely win the title sometime this year.

Summerslam

Yesssssssss..

I'll be there.

Didn't realize that Summer Slam is going to be at the Conseco Fieldhouse this year. I may just have to check it out as well.