Sign in to follow this  
Nightwing

General DC Discussion

Final Crisis Solicitations

FNLCR-Cv1_solicit.jpg

FINAL CRISIS #1

Written by Grant Morrison

Art and covers by J.G. Jones

Witness the historic start of the final chapter in the Crisis trilogy that could only spring from the mind of Grant Morrison - Final Crisis, featuring stunning art by J.G. Jones (52 Covers)! Worlds will live and heroes will die in this epic tale spanning the beginning and end of the DC Universe!

The entire Multiverse is threatened as the mysterious Libra assembles an army of the DCU's most terrifying super villains. But what is the ultimate plan, and who will live to find out?

Retailers please note: This issue will ship with two covers by J.G. Jones that will ship in approximately 50/50 ratio. Please see the Previews Order Form for more information.

On sale May 28 o 1 of 7 o 40 pg, FC, $3.99 US

FNLCR-Cv2_rev_solicit.jpg

FINAL CRISIS #2

Meet Japan's number one pop culture heroes, the Super Young Team and their languid leader, Most Excellent Superbat! Join legendary wrestler Sonny Sumo and super escape artist Mister Miracle as they team to face the offspring of the Anti-Life Equation! See Earth's superheroes mourn one of their oldest allies! Witness costumed criminals sinking to new depths of cowardice and depravity as Libra takes things too far! Uncover the doomsday secrets of the poisoned city of Bludhaven! Learn the shocking identity of the prime suspect in the murder of a god! And read on if you dare as Batman becomes the first of Earth's champions to face the Fallen of Apokolips. All this and a spectacular return from the dead...

Grant Morrison and J.G. Jones' multiverse-spanning epic continues with bombshell after bombshell in FINAL CRISIS #2 - "Ticket to Bludhaven"!

fc_slvr_cv3_prvw.jpg

FINAL CRISIS #3

Batman missing in action! Superman immobilized! Green Lantern on trial for his life!

A shadow is falling across Earth’s super heroes — and now it’s Wonder Woman’s turn to face the Evil Gods!

What bizarre warning from beyond awaits Frankenstein, The Question and the agents of S.H.A.D.E. in the shadows of the Dark Side Club? What grim fate lies in store for The Human Flame? What happens when the Anti-Life Equation hits the internet? Can the Fastest Men Alive outrun The Black Racer — Death himself? And who are the Justifiers?

The answers are all here as the unstoppable rise of evil continues in FINAL CRISIS #3 by Grant Morrison and J.G. Jones.

Retailers please note: This issue will ship with two covers by J.G. Jones that will ship in approximately 50/50 ratio. Please see the Previews Order Form for more information.

On sale July 30 • 3 of 7 • 40 pg, FC, $3.99 US

--------------------

fnlcr_rr_cv1_solicit.jpg

FINAL CRISIS: ROGUES’ REVENGE #1

Written by Geoff Johns

Art and covers by Scott Kolins

The critically-acclaimed FLASH team of writer Geoff Johns and artist Scott Kolins reunites for a tale of villainy and twisted justice tying in to FINAL CRISIS! Captain Cold and the Rogues were accessories to the murder of Bart Allen. They’ve become what they never set out to be – wanted! Wanted by the good guys, by former Rogue Pied Piper, and by the Secret Society of Super-Villains. But just as they try to disappear underground, good, old-fashioned revenge yanks them back. And where is the Flash during all of this? It’s a Crisis — take a guess.

Retailers please note: This issue will ship with two covers by Scott Kolins that will ship in approximately 50/50 ratio. Please see the Previews Order Form for more information.

On sale July 16 • 1 of 3 • 40 pg, FC, $3.99 US

Final Crisis: Legion of Three Worlds

AC863-23.jpg

AC863-24.jpg

Nope. Still don't give a damn about the Legion of Superheroes. The only thing I want to see out of that is Superman vs Prime.

Still, this Crisis has me pumped. Can't wati to see who dies and, more importatnly, who returns.

fnlcr_rq_cv1_solicit.jpg

FINAL CRISIS: REQUIEM #1

Written by Peter J. Tomasi

Art by Doug Mahnke & Christian Alamy

Covers by J.G. Jones and Doug Mahnke

A very special FINAL CRISIS one-shot honoring the passing of a great hero who’s been a staple in the DC Universe for years. All that remains is one final memory that the League experiences together as they must fulfill his last wishes or die trying!

Retailers please note: This issue will ship with two covers (one by J.G. Jones and one by Doug Mahnke) that will ship in approximately 50/50 ratio. Please see the Previews Order Form for more information.

On sale July 9 • 40 pg, FC, $3.99 US

An interview with Grant Morrison.

The Day Evil Wins

I'm pumped for this. More pumped than I've been in a long while. I mean, reading stuff like

"Luthor actually gets his big choice in 'Final Crisis' #3. Everybody gets a big choice in that issue. And after that,

choice itself is eradicated by the Anti-Life Equation."

just makes me wish it was out now!

So...

Darkseid is dead. He got Kano'd.

While having

Orion kill him

was the right way to go, why in the hell would you do it in the pages of

Countdown

instead of DotNG #8? Furthermore, why do it in the penultimate issue instead of the last issue?! And with art by fucking Scott Kolins of all people! ARGH.

So far Final Crisis has me interested. I agree with Meat in that I wish Darksied's death would be handled by a different artist.

The Morrison interview is pretty good. Lots more info in it then normal interviews.

So far Final Crisis has me interested. I agree with Meat in that I wish Darksied's death would be handled by a different artist.

The Morrison interview is pretty good. Lots more info in it then normal interviews.

Same here. I guess they moved it to Countdown to help boost its sales before it ends.

Preview of Final Crisis: Revelations

FCRV1.02_03.600.jpg

Here is the complete list of books with Final Crisis on their titles (this should be it, I think)

Final Crisis #1-7 (Starts in May)

Final Crisis: Requiem (July)

Final Crisis: Rogues' Revenge #1-3 (Starts in July)

Final Crisis: Legion of Three Worlds #1-5(Starts in August)

Final Crisis: Revelations #1-5 (Starts in August)

Final Crisis: Superman Beyond

Final Crisis: Submit

Final Crisis: Resist

Final Crisis: Rage of Red Lanterns

I can't believe I'm saying this, but I've actually really enjoyed the "Tangent: Superman's Reign" crossover so far. I mean, it's completely unnecessary, but I like the setting and the "In-Universe History Lesson" they've been doing at the end of each issue.

Amazingly enough, Death of the New Gods ties in perfectly with Countdown #2. I was just not expecting that.

Oh, and pick up Death of the New Gods; it's a bit jumbled, but the cosmic fight between the Source and Darkseid truly reestablishes him as the villain of the Universe. He's even better than Thanos, as he

tricked the Source itself and was able to harness the souls of the New Gods from the second wall and hide them in the battery (Jimmy Olsen). His fighting actually

rips open reality, at which point the Bleed starts to show.

Jim Starlin = The Man for that. No one writes a high-level cosmic epic like he does. Kirby would be proud.

Those JLA pictures by Benes remind me why I don't like his art.

Sometimes Benes art looks great one panel then the next panel looks like some over muscled freaks from the 90's image era. I do like how he draws the ladies. They look better then Turner's women, who could really stand to eat a few sandwiches.

Someone else has to have read the DC Universe Zero book, right?

Some interesting things in there. Including the other Lantern Corps..and

Barry Allen is coming back?

Yes, I did.

I agree with your spoiler, and I've heard that

the Flash that they caught with the Lightning Rod might have been

Bart at the moment of his death. It'd tie in with the whole 30th Century deal

. I do like how they slowly reveal it throughout the book. The Green Lantern stuff looks interesting, especially how

Black Hand was leaving black marks with every footstep (If you look close, you'll see the smoke). We get a first glimpse of Agent Orange, a vague hint at who might be the first Blue Lantern (A guy, maybe Supes? Certainly

represents Hope and is blue. We did see Batman get a ring and turn it down, so it's not out of the question), and a glimpse of a Compassion Lantern (maybe even the leader?).

The Batman stuff really intrigues me, especially with its relation to the

Black Glove

storyline that Morrison used, as well as its possible links to the

Crime Bible and Libra

Overall, a solid preview of what is going to happen. Didn't knock me out of my seat, but definitely got me excited.

This is why the comic industry is dying. If I was 7 right now and read any of the shit thats going on right now, I'd fucking quit reading and go play a video game or something. Hell, I've been following DC and Marvel since I was 4 and I'm STILL confused as fuck.

This is why the comic industry is dying. If I was 7 right now and read any of the shit thats going on right now, I'd fucking quit reading and go play a video game or something. Hell, I've been following DC and Marvel since I was 4 and I'm STILL confused as fuck.

But is it really any different then Crisis on Infinite Earths, and other 'Classic stories'? I've had at times the opposite problem, where I try to go back and read older stories, and I just really don't know what's going on, and they seem fairly complicated. But that's probably because I'm a reader from now, trying to read stories from then.

Plus, for the example you used, of it being harder for younger kids, that's what Legion of Super Heroes in the 31st Century and Justice League, and all the other kid comics are for. I think they know their demographic isn't really kids.

The majority of comics readers are adults. For whatever reason, its the same audience sustaining the industry. The average book sells around 50,000 copies.