TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Scroby

WWE General Discussion - March 2008

I read this over on 411:

Jonathan Coachman is getting a lot of heat lately due to the perception that he hasn't done a good job replacing JBL and offers nothing to the broadcasts. Also a few weeks back, when the Undertaker was brawling at ringside, Coachman stayed in position when the announcers were supposed to be selling fear and clear the announce position. After the show his punishment was having to go into the ring and take several of the main event talents' finishing moves.

I always found the concept of Wrestlers' Court and the like to be extremely lame. Can you imagine the lawsuit if he got injured?

Yeah, for one I call bullshit and for two, if anyone actually believes this happen and the wrestlers set out to hurt Coach your an idiot.

How'd my reply to the post get pushed to the first post on the first page?

Also the fact that "taking someone's signature" isn't really all that dangerous to someone trained to bump. No more than any other bump is dangerous anyways.

Edit: Mine too. THEY BROKE THE TIME LINE! I'm posting in a future past! HALP!

If I was a conspiracy therorist, I'd probably think WWE was up to something by acknowledging the existence of other wrestling organizations on the same page they discuss congress going after Vince McMahon... you know, hint hint people, other wrestling organizations exist, go after them, that sort of thing. But I'm not, so I think this web direction is pretty cool.

Edit: I see Alaskan Postal Worker said pretty much the same thing in February.

I was shocked to see WWE actually acknowledge TNA by its initials and then I burst into laughter after reading that WWE was giving away the results of TNA's shows!

I was shocked to see WWE actually acknowledge TNA by its initials and then I burst into laughter after reading that WWE was giving away the results of TNA's shows!

They are?

You might want to send those south into the Maria playboy topic and remove them from this thread since some people look at the board at work. And some businesses frown on looking at pictures of naked women when doing such.

Per wwe.com, Jesse/Festus have a tag title match this week on SD. I got a hunch Dreamer/Delaney are going to win the titles on ECW, get mauled post-match by the former champs, and drop the straps about an hour later to The Biscuits & Gravy Connection on SD. It'd be classic Dreamer booking.

Per wwe.com, Jesse/Festus have a tag title match this week on SD. I got a hunch Dreamer/Delaney are going to win the titles on ECW, get mauled post-match by the former champs, and drop the straps about an hour later to The Biscuits & Gravy Connection on SD. It'd be classic Dreamer booking.

Buscuits and Gravy Connection = Awesome name

i posted this in the mma forum....

dont know if it was mentioned... but batista (of wwe fame) was in the crowd and got the shit boo'd out of him.

I LOL'd so hard. cos i hate batista.

Hopefully they realize that MVP is better served in a singles match with Matt then lost in the MitB shuffle.

I'd be surprised if we didn't get MVP vs Matt Hardy for the U.S. Title for Wrestlemania.

I'm also not sure where he got that from, nor do I know how you "give away" results of a house show.

I've obviously missed all this, can someone update me?

If you go to WWE.com there is an "Industry News" tab which includes ROH PPV dates, a TNA PPV calendar, and the most recent Impact results. More information is on the last page or so of the February thread.

I just heard the Rock is going to play the Tooth Fairy in his next movie, sort of like Tim Allen in the Santa Clause.

LOL

Some next action star he's ended up being..

Stop being such a douchebag... You think The Rock only wants to be known as an action star? He's shown that he wants to take all sorts of role, hell he played a fucking homosexual bodyguard in Be Cool, and was one of the very few bright spots of that shitty movie. Rock has stated many times he's open to all movie roles, not just action films. Have you even been following his movie career?

I just heard the Rock is going to play the Tooth Fairy in his next movie, sort of like Tim Allen in the Santa Clause.

LOL

Some next action star he's ended up being..

I've always thought Rock was better suited to comedy than action. I mean, he pulls off action well, but comedy is his best work imo.

Johnson has a variety of films coming out ranging from comedies, action and kid's movies. That's a good sign of versatility, which is what every good actor should have.

He will either play a serious role (Southland Tales), a kid role (Gameplan), a comedy (Be Cool), or an action movie (The Rundown). The guy is just becoming an actor and doesn't want to get type cast as an action star.

And remember, he wasn't introduced at the Oscars as Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson, but as Dwayne Johnson.

But when he first started doing movies, he was being labeled as the next great action star. Fast forward a few years and he's taking roles from Tim Allen.

I dont see that as progress, more like "I'll take any role I can get so I dont have to work for Vince anymore"

That was the media's creation. Johnson made it clear he wanted to be a all-around actor. Arnold did comedies and kid's movies as well. What is your point?

But when he first started doing movies, he was being labeled as the next great action star. Fast forward a few years and he's taking roles from Tim Allen.

I dont see that as progress, more like "I'll take any role I can get so I dont have to work for Vince anymore"

You do realise he has enough money that he wouldn't have to back to WWE anyway right?

He just had the biggest hit of his career, he's doing very well.

Then you're stupid.