TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Scroby

WWE General Discussion - March 2008

Kennedy does a lot of unnatural stuff in the ring that freaks out the boys and could hurt someone. It's just a logical conclusion.

Like whenever a rookie would get injured at a house show in a match with Hardcore Holly...

Holy shit, one of the "Industry News" articles on WWE.Com mentions the Wrestling Observer.

Times. They are-a-changin'.

Holy shit, one of the "Industry News" articles on WWE.Com mentions the Wrestling Observer.

Times. They are-a-changin'.

WWE.com just topped itself. With the following linked item, Hell temps hit absolute zero.

WWE.com

3 days later, after this settled in, WWE makes it even more unreal by citing TNA's official website to advertise Impact going live. This is awesome.

I actually think the most shocking part is when they re-word the articles, they don't replace wrestling with sports entertainment. They do (predictably) replace house show with "live event" though.

Hey I was in attendence at the house show this past Friday and saw the bump Jericho took, it was a real nasty bump and he is fortunate that he wasn't injured.

Hey I was in attendence at the house show this past Friday and saw the bump Jericho took, it was a real nasty bump and he is fortunate that he wasn't injured.

were you able to get a good perspective on who was at fault?

were you able to get a good perspective on who was at fault?

The WWE ring crew, as one part of the ring look broke after the divas match the rope he jumped off of looked loose and looked more like he slipped then anything else.

I'm convinced WWE SHOP is going to start selling TNA and ROH DVDs soon.

Man you people read way too much into just about everything.

How long before wwe.com starts streaming Impact and doing match-by-match updates during TNA's ppvs?

I want Jerry Lawler to spoil an Impact main event featuring Kurt Angle followed by 'that will put asses in seats" and everything will have come around full circle and TNA can start its ascent to the #1 wrestling company in America.

Actually with what TNA is producing, people will just flip them on, not know what the hell is happening and be glad for a bare assed McMahon and his midget son.

It's WWE going, look at this shit! Now how about another John Cena run while you are recovering from your shock.

So WM apparently is being held in Houston. It seems like WWE is returning to too many of the same cities for WM. Houston already had a WM 7 years ago. I know that in most cases the time b/w shows has been quite long, but if you look at the locations over the years, they really haven't been that varied. Multiple shows at MSG is OK since it's home (and they've been landmark shows), but the number of repeats is pretty big:

Chicago, 3

LA, 3 (5 years b/w 2 and 7)

Detroit, 2

Atlantic City, 2 (back to back years)

Toronto, 2

Anaheim, 2 (4 years apart)

Excluding MSG, 6 cities account for 13 WM's, and if you do include NYC/Long Island, you have 7 cities/areas for 16 shows.

I know Atlanta has been rumored to be pulled in light of the GA regulations (although that could simply be lip service to entice the politicians not to throw away the chance to make money), but what about San Francisco? Dallas? DC? San Diego? Hell, any place with a football stadium is fair game (depending on what the weather tends to be like at that time of year...C'MON A NON-RAINY DAY IN PITTSBURGH!!!).

I know the point is to make money and sell the place out, but it's just kinda weird that a small percentage of the usual suspect big US cities (plus Toronto) account for the majority of WM's.

C'mon, WWE, live a little. With the current crop of wrestlers, WM *will* sell out.

If you had success in one major city, why would you not want to return?

I see your point, but I'm sure WWE is always looking for new cities, but they most likely look at the places they have already been first. Isn't this the first time they've gone to Orlando for a Wrestlemania?

I would have bet my life that McMahon would have done WM18 in Atlanta to signify his official defeat of WCW. I'm shocked they still have never done one of these in the Georgia Dome. The capacity is approximately 71,000.

So WM apparently is being held in Houston. It seems like WWE is returning to too many of the same cities for WM. Houston already had a WM 7 years ago. I know that in most cases the time b/w shows has been quite long, but if you look at the locations over the years, they really haven't been that varied. Multiple shows at MSG is OK since it's home (and they've been landmark shows), but the number of repeats is pretty big:

Chicago, 3

Detroit, 2

Toronto, 2

Excluding MSG, 6 cities account for 13 WM's, and if you do include NYC/Long Island, you have 7 cities/areas for 16 shows.

I know Atlanta has been rumored to be pulled in light of the GA regulations (although that could simply be lip service to entice the politicians not to throw away the chance to make money), but what about San Francisco? Dallas? DC? San Diego? Hell, any place with a football stadium is fair game (depending on what the weather tends to be like at that time of year...C'MON A NON-RAINY DAY IN PITTSBURGH!!!).

I know the point is to make money and sell the place out, but it's just kinda weird that a small percentage of the usual suspect big US cities (plus Toronto) account for the majority of WM's.

C'mon, WWE, live a little. With the current crop of wrestlers, WM *will* sell out.

To be fair..

Detroit hosted III and 23 twenty years apart so i can understand that..

I also heard that Vince wants 'Mania at the Colts new Stadium in the next couple of years

Chicago, 3

Detroit, 2

Toronto, 2

To be fair..

Detroit hosted III and 23 twenty years apart so i can understand that..

I also heard that Vince wants 'Mania at the Colts new Stadium in the next couple of years

Fuck a couple of years. It's ready this season, should have been here instead of Houston next year.

Hopefully one big giant Von Erich family HOF induction aswell.

well if they wanna get out of Texas in one piece they'll induct the Von Erich family, this might be too soon to predict but here's who I see in the HOF next year besides the Von Erich family:

Terry and Dory Funk

Stone Cold Steve Austin

Howard Finkel

Jake Roberts

thats all I can think of

Hopefully one big giant Von Erich family HOF induction aswell.

That's what I was thinking since a Wrestlemania in the new Cowboys stadium might be a ways off now due to the fact they are going to Houston next year.

I had made a comment about this before, but with the recent trend being NFL retractable roof stadiums, large scale arenas, or even an outdoor venue, the following cities are possibilities: (Note, some cities might not want to host Wrestlemania. Orlando, among others, made an active bid to get the event. Also, the WWE is looking for cities that are good tourist locations and can cater to a lot of people coming in for the event.)

Indianapolis - Lucas Oil Stadium

St. Louis - Can't believe they haven't tried one at the TWA Dome due to the wrestling history St. Louis has

Las Vegas - I wouldn't be shocked if they did one here again real soo

New Orleans - A Wrestlemania in the Super Dome would be an interesting event

Atlanta - The regulations might be a big problem here as well as the stigma of WCW. I seriously thought WM17 or 18 would have been in the Georgia Dome

Toronto - I can see them going back here in the near future

Glendale - There were indications the city was making an active push to get the event so I imagine they'll be in the hunt in the next few years

Dallas - Might be thrown off a bit since Houston is getting WM25

Seattle - I can see them returning here as well

New York - Wrestlemania 30... book it

More fun from WWE.com's Industry News.

As reported by Lords of Pain on March 4, developmental talents Silas Young and German Figueroa have been released from their contracts. Figueroa, formerly Apolo in TNA, is believed to have been released due to legal problems in Puerto Rico, stemming from failing to turn himself in after no-showing for a court appearance. This resulted in a 30-day jail sentence. The article states that Young’s release seems to have come because of too many wrestlers in Florida’s developmental territory since the talents from OVW arrived.

WWE.com reporting speculation of their own releases is gold, Jerry. Gold.