TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Michael Myers Resplendent

Bad Candy

1. Sweethearts are barley passable with me. I was thinking of SweetTarts, which rock it.

2. My dad had me take a handful of peanuts and a handful of candy corn and eat them at the same time. He, for some reason tried this and realized it tasted exactly like a Payday candy bar. He keeps the stuff around for this reason. Upon questioning why he didn't just buy a couple of Payday candy bars, he had no real good excuse.

Lewis Black telling it like it is. Good stuff, thanks JHawk.

Is there anyone who grew up NOT liking Cadbury Creme Eggs? I think they're one of the world's greatest creations and have never met a person that disagreed (that I'm aware of).

Agreed on the Cadbury Eggs. Favorite Easter candy. Moms still gets them for me. I like the new ones with caramel and the ones with chocolate creme in them too.

Also, the second picture on my post above (below the circus peanuts) was those "Mary Jane" peanut butter candies in the black and orange wrappers.

Guest Tzar Lysergic

Fuck fucking god damn Circus Peanuts. Worst candy ever.

Smitty and I have similar palates, it seems.

Guest Michael Myers Resplendent

Not dissuaded by that 6/2/1981 expiration date on the circus peanuts?

I had a Mary Jane once. It reminded me of Bit-O-Honey. Bad.

Did Czech just say he was from New England?

No, I'm originally from what I hope is not being referred to as the 847. Fluff is native to New England, so I read.

Guest Tzar Lysergic
Circus peanuts and Necco wafers are two of my favorites candies.

Because you're a sick-ass retard. Yecch.

Juicy Pear flavored Jelly Bellys. Those and anything with almonds in them, other than that it's been mentioned already.

Juicy Pear are my favorite Jelly Belly! This thread was not meant for me.

Is there anyone who grew up NOT liking Cadbury Creme Eggs? I think they're one of the world's greatest creations and have never met a person that disagreed (that I'm aware of).

Me. I'd get some every Easter, but I'd trade them for superior candy, like Mini Eggs.

The advantages of multiple siblings.

Guest Beastalentier
Juicy Pear flavored Jelly Bellys. Those and anything with almonds in them, other than that it's been mentioned already.

You and me both, man. They were bursting with flavor! I don't know if they were #1, but they were certainly at the top of the list for me. My grandparents always kept an ample supply of Jelly Bellies around their house when I was little, so I've certainly had my share. I never understood the point of getting excessively adventurous with jellybean flavors. Why would I want to eat popcorn-flavored jellybeans? Why would I want to now, I mean. When I was a young lad, I would pretend I was an astronaut from a future where all food consumption was done in jellybean form, so the popcorn ones suited me well, but today, not so much, no.

Speaking of the dangers of assorted flavors, I was working on a bag of salt water taffy yesterday and today, and as always, I got to the end of the bag only to be greeted by a quartet of maple taffies. I mean, yeah, I ate them, of course, but they're just awful! What I wouldn't give to switch those out for black licorice, creamsicle, or blue raspberry.

I have never, do not currently, or will never, like Creme Eggs. Yuck.

Mini-Eggs are still the king of Easter, despite a quality effort from Hershey Eggies. I suppose king of Easter candy is a more appropriate denomination, but I like how mine sounded.

I win the thread:

Thrills.jpg

This gum tastes like soap. That is no exaggeration. In fact, it is so well known for tasting like soap, the company that makes it now markets it by stating on the package, "It STILL tastes like soap!"

Incidentally, regarding the Creme Eggs, I have no doubt that if Cadbury made Creme Eggs year-round, I would weigh 400 pounds within two years.

You and me both, man. They were bursting with flavor! I don't know if they were #1, but they were certainly at the top of the list for me. My grandparents always kept an ample supply of Jelly Bellies around their house when I was little, so I've certainly had my share. I never understood the point of getting excessively adventurous with jellybean flavors. Why would I want to eat popcorn-flavored jellybeans? Why would I want to now, I mean. When I was a young lad, I would pretend I was an astronaut from a future where all food consumption was done in jellybean form, so the popcorn ones suited me well, but today, not so much, no.

This reminds me of the big jar of jelly beans I picked up a week ago... there's multiple fruit flavors, a cheesecake one, 6 soda ones, and 4 different alcohol ones, not to mention the standard popcorn, red vines, etc. The thing that got to me though is on the back, it has jelly bean recipes. 3 strawberries + 2 cheesecakes jellybeans and it tastes just like a strawberry cheesecake! 3 Green Apple jellybeans + 2 margarita jellybeans makes an Appletini?

Damn, there's even a plain cheese jellybean but no cheese popcorn recipe.

I didn't like Wunderbars until about a week ago, when a co-worker offered me one. I refused, but I hadn't had one since I was nine, and hated it then. He pretty well called me a pussy for not trying it.

I had another one for the bad pile:

Prepackaged Cotton Candy

I absolutely love fresh cotton candy, but the prepackaged shit is just that.

Oh, and I never got a hold of the Harry Potter Jelly Belly Beans (EARWAX, BACON, DIRT, SPINACH, GRASS, BOOGER, SARDINE, BLACK PEPPER, ROTTEN EGG, EARTHWORM, SOAP, SPAGHETTI and of course VOMIT) among others so I dont know if they taste as bad as they sound or not..

Watch this deaf guy eat some here

I had another one for the bad pile:

Prepackaged Cotton Candy

I absolutely love fresh cotton candy, but the prepackaged shit is just that.

Agreed, if cotton candy's not warm then it's not worth my time.

I love Cadbury Creme Eggs but I like the new caramel filled ones even better. I'm having a hard time thinking of a caramel filled candy that I don't like.

Another terrible candy I just thought of...remember those molasses chewy candies you used to get at Halloween? Those were the worst. Every year, I'd be stuck with about 20 or 30 of them at the bottom of the bag around January when all the other candy was gone, and end up just tossing them.

The ones that came in like, an orange wrapper and had ghosts or some shit on them?

I remember those hideous things.

My cousins and I would use them as ammo in our candy fight. They sucked. However I'd still eat them over Peeps.

Fucking Peeps.

Another terrible candy I just thought of...remember those molasses chewy candies you used to get at Halloween? Those were the worst. Every year, I'd be stuck with about 20 or 30 of them at the bottom of the bag around January when all the other candy was gone, and end up just tossing them.

Ah, the loose tooth remover candies. Completely nameless and strangely absent from every store that sells candy, even around Halloween. I think that, like Talky Tina, they just appear in households and people give them to kids in a desperate attempt to be rid of them. But they're never really gone...never really gone...

Guest Vitamin X

Do you mean Tootsie Rolls? I fucking hate those.

But then again, I don't eat much candy.

Tootsie Rolls own. :angry:

I think he's talking about those brown somewhat peanut butter flavored chews that come in the orange and black wrappers.

Tootsie Rolls >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Those things.