TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Michael Myers Resplendent

Bad Candy

Guest Vitamin X

Oh, those are bad too. But I always hated getting tons and tons of Tootsie Rolls for Halloween. I would trade them all for Crunch and/or Twix, or just good ol Hershey's.

Well if you are upgrading yeah, go chocolate bars, but Tootsie Rolls aren't a bad candy. In fact now I'm craving them.

I think he's talking about those brown somewhat peanut butter flavored chews that come in the orange and black wrappers.

Those are Mary Janes, you tools. Already mentioned them above.

I liked those... I think. In my day they had full moons and witches and bats on the wrapper, but more or less the same thing description wise. If they got too hard I didn't like them though.

After eating lunch at Shoney's today with a co-worker, I have to add to this thread. For those not familiar with Shoney's they have candy for sale at the register. I saw three things today that reminded me of this thread. I only remembered two of them by the time I got home:

-Bit O Honey

-Candy necklace

-Other horrible candy to hopefully be remembered later, or else I will call Shoney's and ask what horrible candy they have for sale.

Edit---It was those little wax(?) soda bottles that had the liquid in them.

The four or five times I had those crappy wax soda bottles I always ate the whole thing including the wax bottle. I was a weird kid I guess. I occasionally the wax covering on those Baby Bella mini cheeses too.

I demand respect for my comment earlier. Fucking gold.

765px-Crunchie_bar.jpg

Cadbury's Crunchie features, what they claim to be, a honeycomb centre. In England, as you all know, there's a variety of terms that are said differently compared to North America. Elevators are often referred to as lifts, for example. Honeycomb, for another example, is actually the British colloqiasm(sic) for "styrofoam".

This is actually my all-time favorite candy bar. Freakin' delicious.

Eddie Mac, I knew there was a reason I liked you - this just further proves it. Crunchy bars = nostalgic love for me.

-Annie

I don't like black licorice, but I do like black jujubes and jelly beans. Go figure.

I agree with the statement above.

Glossettes are pure evil.

The only licorice I like is Twizzlers Pull and Peel and that seems like faux-licorice

No, it is cheating. It is, however, delicious.

I've always preferred Glosette peanuts to raisins.

Guest Jesus Freaks on Coke
For those not familiar with Shoney's they have candy for sale at the register. I saw three things today that reminded me of this thread. I only remembered two of them by the time I got home:

-Bit O Honey

-Candy necklace

-Other horrible candy to hopefully be remembered later, or else I will call Shoney's and ask what horrible candy they have for sale.

I used to wear candy necklaces, in what could've been the most pathetic attempt at fashionable androgyny ever.

Here's something that's probably a Bad Candy to most, but a beloved one to me.

crows.jpg

CROWS. You know Dots, right? Those gumdrops without sugar on them? Assorted colors, they get stuck in your teeth? These are Dots, but exclusively black licorice flavored. Oh, are they good or what. And there's something I really like about the box art. It's kind of sinister and almost British. Like "why yes, these are Crows. To most people, they taste awful, and to all people, they turn your teeth and tongue dark green and even brushing your teeth won't guarantee that it goes away. But here they are, just in case you want them." And want them I do. Unfortunately, they're kind of hard to track down. Last time I had any was back when I watched Juno. Crows > Juno.

Guest Tzar Lysergic

Candy I ate on vacation that I'd never heard of previously:

candy-7-twin-bing-img_1551.jpg

The Twin Bing looks like a bowel movement. Or nut covered shrunken brown breasts. It's two attached lumps of chocolate, filled with allegedly cherry flavored nougat and topped with chopped nuts. Terrible.

idahospudnew.jpg

The Idaho Spud looks like a bowel movement. It's a chocolate covered chocolate marshmallow with coconut on it. Delicious!.

I feel like I've mentioned this before (perhaps in this very thread) but Good & Plenty are an absolutely terrible candy. Just awful. It manages to combine the worst attributes of licorice and jelly beans to make one bad candy.

I think the only candy I've ever out-right hated were two of the "classics". Candy corn and circus peanuts. Circus peanuts just sort of suck, but candy corn is a fucking abomination.

Guest !!!

Twin Bings are revolting, fine that's just more Good & Plenty for me, and candy corn is sucrotic joy.