TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Bruiser_Brody_

Patrick Swayze to die...

Patrick Swayze Diagnosed With Cancer, Five Weeks Left to Live

Atlanta, GA 3/05/2008 03:05 PM GMT (FINDITT)

Patrick Swayze, best known for his role in Dirty Dancing, has been diagnosed with pancreatic cancer and told that he has just five weeks to live.

Swayze, 55, has been sick with the disease since he was diagnosed in late January with pancreatic cancer. The cancer has since spread to other organs and now the actor/dancer is dying.

For the past month, Swayze has been traveling to Stanford University’s prestigious cancer center in Palo Alto for radical chemotherapy, but his doctors are no longer optimistic that the treatments will be successful, according to the National Enquirer.

Swayze received three treatments of chemotherapy, causing the tumor to shrink, but less than his doctors had hoped for. He was then told that he should prepare for the end.

--------

My momma thought he was hot....

This sucks. My wife's mom is dying of cancer too. (colon). A couple of years ago she was doing chemo regularly, and it seemingly worked for awhile, but in the last year or so the cancer came back and spread and she just wants to let it be because she can't stand the way the chemo makes her sick for days on end(and the fact that the latest round wasn't stopping the spread of the cancer anyway). Her father is pretty shaken up at the thought of losing his wife, and my wife is pretty sad too. Just having lost my grandmother a few days ago, I hope the rest of 2008 gets better on the family front.

I had always hoped Patrick Swayze would one day get the chance to live like he was dying.

pointbreakint01.jpg

If you want the ultimate, you've got to be willing to pay the ultimate price. It's not tragic to die doing what you love

Hey, let us not forget that The Enquirer was the one to reveal that Jesse Jackson had an illegitimate child!

But I'm not believing in till I see it on The Insider

I have had my emotions toyed with here. In preparation for a night spent celebrating the life and career of Patrick Swayze, I purchased the following items:

*Rented five (5) Patrick Swayze films, Dirty Dancing, Steel Dawn, Road House, Point Break, and Black Dog.

*A gallon of ice cream.

*A box of tissues.

I don't know what I'm going to do with all this stuff now.

That's weird.... Jeff Healy dies and then Patrick Swayze is given a limited amount of time not even a week late. Strange coincidence.

UPDATE: His rep issued this statement to TMZ, "Patrick Swayze has been diagnosed with Pancreatic Cancer and is currently undergoing treatment. Patrick's physician Dr. George Fisher states, 'Patrick has a very limited amount of disease and he appears to be responding well to treatment thus far. All of the reports stating the timeframe of his prognosis and his physical side effects are absolutely untrue. We are considerably more optimistic.' Patrick is continuing his normal schedule during this time, which includes working on upcoming projects. The outpouring of support and concern he has already received from the public is deeply appreciated by Patrick and his family."

UPDATE: His rep issued this statement to TMZ, "Patrick Swayze has been diagnosed with Pancreatic Cancer and is currently undergoing treatment. Patrick's physician Dr. George Fisher states, 'Patrick has a very limited amount of disease and he appears to be responding well to treatment thus far. All of the reports stating the timeframe of his prognosis and his physical side effects are absolutely untrue. We are considerably more optimistic.' Patrick is continuing his normal schedule during this time, which includes working on upcoming projects. The outpouring of support and concern he has already received from the public is deeply appreciated by Patrick and his family."

That's it- I'm posting a Bruiser_Brody to die by the end of April thread in Graphics Testing....

That's weird.... Jeff Healy dies and then Patrick Swayze is given a limited amount of time not even a week late. Strange coincidence.

It's that serial killer on the loose again!

we need Yuna's thoughts on this.

The fact that this is largely true actually makes me pretty sad.

Ditto.

Would Swayze be considered "B level" enough for the Pill Popper to strike him down? Plus, a pill that causes pancreatic cancer? Dude, I'm blaming the terrorists.

Sam Elliott and Kelly Lynch are probably locking their doors and boarding up their houses as we speak, before the dreaded Road House Curse finds them.

I refuse to get involved.

...If only because the board is damn fugly right now. But on the plus side, I can actually read the text I'm writing. Yay me?

I joined a Patrick Swayze group on facebook, but I find out that he's not going to die, I may consider leaving.

I joined a Patrick Swayze group on facebook, but I find out that he's not going to die, I may consider leaving.

<_<

*Rented five (5) Patrick Swayze films, Dirty Dancing, Steel Dawn, Road House, Point Break, and Black Dog.

No Ghost?!! What the fuck is wrong with you?